• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

gatekeeper

Loves the "Funny" Button
Some sources are reporting the little boy was 4.

8741170_G.jpg

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -

Charges have been filed against a Kansas City mother in the shooting death of her 5-year-old son.

Lisa Marie Hall, 23, faces child endangerment and unlawful use of a weapon charges. Both are considered felonies.

According to court records, the child died about 7 a.m.Saturday.

Witnesses told police that Hall and her boyfriend were drinking and had been bickering in a bedroom inside a home in the 400 block of North Elmwood Avenue.

A gunshot was then heard and Hall ran from the bedroom carrying her child who was suffering a gunshot wound to the head. He died at the hospital. Kansas City police originally said the child was a 4-year-old.

No other adults were in the bedroom at the time of the argument and shooting, a witness said.

The boyfriend told police that he and Hall had purchased a hand gun the day before.

Both Hall and her boyfriend first told police someone called "504" had confronted them in the bedroom when the boy was shot.

Later, the boyfriend told police that he and Hall had been in an argument. Hall was seated on the bed and her son was standing next to the boyfriend, when Hall pulled a handgun from her waist and fired at him.

Hall’s son fell to the floor, the witness told police.

Police found a live 9mm round and a spent bullet in a closet in the bedroom.

Hall's best friend staying at the home Friday night.

“This morning in the back of my mind I'm thinking, ‘OK, they're just arguing again,’ but then, wait a minute, I look down and there is blood droplets on my arm. I get up, I go outside and see my best friend go across the street with blood everywhere, there was blood everywhere," Monique Smith said.

Police interviewed Smith and took her clothes as evidence.

Prosecutors have requested a bond of $150,000. The case remains under investigation.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/29966011/mother-charged-in-shooting-death-of-her-5-year-old-son

I hope that moment is forever burned in her brain and she relives it every time she closes her eyes. Stupid bitch.

I'm just out of wise ass comments, poor little guy, drew a bad hand in life with an nonfunctioning idiot for a mother.

Maybe kids in elementary school should be taken on a tour of a shooting range, have someone explain the way a gun works, the power of a bullet, let them witness someone target shooting, maybe let them feel a gun (can see that going wrong tho), teach them some gun safety, even if that point all they're touching is a dummy gun, maybe there wouldn't be such ignorance/facination about guns.

But I can see this having about as much success as trying to teach sex ed.

Maybe kids in elementary school should be taken on a tour of a shooting range

I don't have a problem with your suggestion, but I don't see how that would change this scenario. Alcohol fueled the stupidity, no knowledge of gun safety would help someone who didn't give a damn.

Maybe kids in elementary school should be taken on a tour of a shooting range, have someone explain the way a gun works, the power of a bullet, let them witness someone target shooting, maybe let them feel a gun (can see that going wrong tho), teach them some gun safety, even if that point all they're touching is a dummy gun, maybe there wouldn't be such ignorance/facination about guns.

We had firearms education classes at school when I was a kid & none of us(that I know of) have had negligent discharge issues as adults. Learning to respect what a firearm can do is key in knowing what not to do with one. Of course, we weren't taught through fear, we were taught through mutual respect.

I don't have a problem with your suggestion, but I don't see how that would change this scenario. Alcohol fueled the stupidity, no knowledge of gun safety would help someone who didn't give a damn.

I agree with you on alcohol fueled stupidity. I just think sometimes, maybe not in this particular case, that people don't understand what a gun can do, that's it like all the other things that they don't particularly understand, think that because it's laying there all innocent and non-threateningly, that they can play with it, wave it around and THINK that it's unloaded, but do not understand in the least what it is capable of until they accidentally pull the trigger and get the shock of their life.

The only gun they've even gotten close to was on TV and some people think that if it's on TV it must be the way it is. When most things portrayed on TV are NOT realistic. Just to give them a dose of reality.

1569036892503.png

Lisa "Friendly Fire" Hall

It appears Lisa Marie Hall is on probation. I can't find any trial info, but she is listed as being assigned to the Probation & Parole department.

1569036159136.png

Offender Name
Lisa Marie Hall
Race
White
Sex
Female
Date of Birth
11/21/1991
Height/Weight
5'1" / 237​
Hair/Eyes
Black / Brown​
Assigned Location
District 04W Probation & Parole​
Address
1330 Brushcreek, Kansas City, MO 64110​
Assigned Officer
A. Hymer​
Phone Number
(816) 753-8320​
Sentence Summary
7 YRS (7, 7, 7 CC)​
Active Offenses
INVOL MANSLATER-1ST DEG; ENDANGERING WELFARE CHILD 1ST DEGR (2 CTS)​
Completed Offenses
Completed sentence not found​
and at 5'1" tall and tipping the scales at 237 lbs, she doesn't seem to be missing too many meals.

I guess your boyfriend is free to date again Miss Hall.
So glad they had the gun for protection though. You never know when a baby can go off on you. Let's face it one way or the other she was going to wind up going up the creek. She just as easily could have blown the guy's brains out and not her own kids.

Back