• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
From @Keepalowprofile
When Raven Williams received an alert on her phone indicating her security cameras were picking up movement, she clicked on the app to check it out.

According to ABC 7, what she saw was her husband with their 1-year-old daughter, Amani, on his hip. He was dragging Williams’ clothes out to the yard and setting them on fire.

The father, Christopher, was then seen walking with his daughter in one hand and a machete in the other. As he walked passed their security cameras, he slashed at them. Williams said:

She quickly called the police as she continued to watch her husband burn her stuff through the security cameras.

However, police were unable to capture Christopher.

That’s the last time Williams saw Amani and her husband.

Now all the mother wants is her daughter back.

As Williams told ABC 11, she believes her husband’s actions were the result of an argument they had on the night of July 13.

Since their disappearance, Williams “filed a domestic violence protective order that said her husband needs to stay away, but bring Amani back home.” But as Williams said, the protective order “means nothing until they serve it to him and they can’t find him.”

Fayetteville Police Lieutenant Gary Womble told ABC 11 that “there’s not an active search for the child as much as there is a search for Mr. Williams.”

Authorities believe that if they can find Christopher, they will find Amani and be able to return her to her mother. However, as Williams admitted she fears for her daughter’s safety.

Womble added that until they get evidence that Amani is in danger, no Amber Alert will be issued.

This is crazy. I 100% understand the need to have stringent requirements met before an Amber alert is issued, but I'm really struggling to see how this doesn't meet those requirements.

God, if I was the Mom I would be in jail already for assaulting law enforcement after telling me that.

I'm thinking that since they were a couple neither actually had custody established. So there is nothing the police can do about him taking off with the daughter.
It's not against the law to carry a machete around in your own yard.
As far as him torching her things, people breaking up do this all the time.
That's a matter for court.

Roll this all together and it's super disturbing but there isn't much the police can do.

I'm gonna play the race card. If she had been white there would be all sorts of media and an amber alert would be issued
I'm going to disagree.

Because they are both her parents, until custody is established, he has as much right to her as the mother.

(Not saying she's safe, just saying the law has to be broken. Amber alerts have a base set of rules. If they didn't, every child custody dispute would have an Amber alert. This only made the news because he has a mechete in his hand while carrying the baby and because he burned the mothers stuff.)

I'm going to disagree.

Because they are both her parents, until custody is established, he has as much right to her as the mother.

(Not saying she's safe, just saying the law has to be broken. Amber alerts have a base set of rules. If they didn't, every child custody dispute would have an Amber alert. This only made the news because he has a mechete in his hand while carrying the baby and because he burned the mothers stuff.)
Is there a custody dispute
I'm going to disagree.

So, I looked up child custody laws in NC. It states tht if the parents are not married or if the father is not on the birth certificate, the mother has the legal right to custody, control, and care for the child. So I'm still going to play the race card. I live in Washington State and both parents have equal rights unless there is an order in place

Is there a custody dispute

So, I looked up child custody laws in NC. It states tht if the parents are not married or if the father is not on the birth certificate, the mother has the legal right to custody, control, and care for the child. So I'm still going to play the race card. I live in Washington State and both parents have equal rights unless there is an order in place
Well this is the child's dad
And they were a married couple.
. she saw was her husband with their 1-year-old daughter, Amani,

So if they both have rights to her and no custody arrangements have been ordered. Then he hasn't broke any laws.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is alright. It's terrifying just to see the pictures and I'm not related to this child.

I'm pointing out what could be the reasons no Amber alert was issued.

Allllllllll that being said, I follow a missing persons page on Facebook. Not the mother or a single relative... Not even a friend has shown up on the page to say anything.

Could it be that they have made up and are having amazing sex while the reast of us are worried??

Maybe you're right, maybe the media is racist, maybe the cops are racist, maybe the mom is racist too because she has been awfully silent.
:penguin:

Back