• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I really don't care if you ignore everything else I posted, just go read all five pages of this link http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...2/27/AR2009022701549.html?sid=ST2009030602446

The entire point is that before those details you quoted were available, you were very comfortable assigning the same level of guilt.

Truth be told, anyone that has that same What makes us better than this bitch attitude, is probably MORE likely to have it happen to them.

Do yourself and your kids a favor, read the link.

R

I didn't read the whole damn link 'cause I'm busy being a good mother and not an idiot, negligent one. I too have been on prescrip meds while I just gave birth and know what it takes out of you, but not once did I abuse drugs and alcohol and that is what this dim-wit, bitch did. Why don't you get your fuckn' shit together, I did say I thought she was guilty before this info came out because, given the information at hand it was very unlikely a "good" mother would forget a child in the damn car for such a great lenghth of time, without, a) intentionally wanting to b)being excessively negligent. I also said I posed two possible scenarios and I was very fair in expalining my reasoning behind my OPINION!

Don't you ever bring my kids or my ability or inability to parent my children into discussions of this matter...ever.... dumb fuck. I know you are talking out of your ass as to get a rise out of me. I will say as I see fit on what I read and if you don't like it, SUCK BALLS!!

Last edited:
We have people who post in this forum that openly admit to smoking pot and being drunk while in the presence of their children. Unless they live in an isolated area, I suspect they are smoking pot in the same home their children are in. I also suspect they do not lock themself in a room and have someone else doing 100% of the parenting. Maybe that isn't really relevant to this story, but I thought it was a good time to say neither behaviors are acceptable. I agree with Harley's comment that this could happen to people here.

I didn't read the whole damn link 'cause I'm busy being a good mother and not an idiot, negligent one.

Don't you ever bring my kids or my abitlityr or inability to parent my children into discussions of this matter...ever.... dumb fuck. I know you are talking out of your ass as to get a rise out of me. I will say as I see fit on what I read and if you don't like it, SUCK BALLS!!

oh, AND FUCK YOU HARLEY_TECH....just FUCK YOU!

Well now, that just proves you're IGNORANT. You are given a chance to learn something and possibly learn something about yourself and refuse.

That is IGNORANT.

R

Edit: ya know, I groaned you for being ignorant, but you really are not worth my groan, so I took it back.

Last edited:
We have people who post in this forum that openly admit to smoking pot and being drunk while in the presence of their children. Unless they live in an isolated area, I suspect they are smoking pot in the same home their children are in. I also suspect they do not lock themself in a room and have someone else doing 100% of the parenting. Maybe that isn't really relevant to this story, but I thought it was a good time to say neither behaviors are acceptable. I agree with Harley's comment that this could happen to people here.

Obviously, we will have to agree to disagree....

Absolutely every single one of us is capable of doing something that could put our children in danger, hopefully unintentinally. We all have different ideas onwhat a good mother or parent makes. My personal belief is you do your very best, every fucking day. Yes, you make mistakes, and Lord knows I have my share of them but never once would I knowingly and with a conscious mind take prescrip drugs and alcohol while being responsible for my children. Nope, NEVER. That does not make me better than anyone else here, just makes me sure of what my best is and what I would not do. Surely what this mother did was not the best she could have done; but then again, maybe it was...so I pity her in that case. I'm no self-rightous bitch. I know that being a good mother takes a lot of work and self sacrifice. What I vehemiently disagree is having been given a snide remark and judgment made to my own personal parenting.
Truth be told, anyone that has that same What makes us better than this bitch attitude, is probably MORE likely to have it happen to them.

Do yourself and your kids a favor, read the link.

If you read my response, I think you will see I was fair in looking at this from several perspectives. Ultimately, lets not forget, a baby died a horrible death because of this "oops", on the mothers part. No doubt, this was not the best decision she made in caring for her children.
Had I been this stupid and did something like this, I'd be the first to condemn myself and throw the first stone....damn, straight, especially if it meant the death of my baby.

Rest in peace baby Christian Micah Wilson.

I'm sure she did accidentally forget her baby but, lets remember the circumstances here.... she was taking pain meds and boozin' it up before she even picked up her kids from daycare ! She drove with her children while intoxicated on alcohol and medication and that makes her neglectful in my eyes... she could have killed all of her children before she even made it home !

Well now, that just proves you're IGNORANT. You are given a chance to learn something and possibly learn something about yourself and refuse.

That is IGNORANT.

R

Edit: ya know, I groaned you for being ignorant, but you really are not worth my groan, so I took it back.[/quote]
...EDIT....pfttf. what the fuck ever. It means nothing to me. I'm not here for a popularity contest.

No, it means, not everything you post is worth reading Harley_Tech...
However, I did go back and read as to see if any of what was said in that ariticle would change my opinon. And it didn't. Oh, and so you know, most of what I read there is not new information to me. I was familiar with the site kidsandcars.org at its infancy when I became proactive in helping stop these types of tragedies...you don't know me Harley so don't juge me. It makes YOU look ignorant.

What happened to Miles Harrison was a terrible tragedy. I do question ones priorities if they forget for 9 fucking hours that they left their most precious child in a sweltering car.
the facts are often the same: An otherwise loving and attentive parent one day gets busy, or distracted, or upset, or confused by a change in his or her daily routine, and just... forgets a child is in the car.
This happens far too often and I will at every moment question each case individually as for neglect, abuse or even murder. Even the law considers these cases as such and take into account midigating factors.
There may be no act of human failing that more fundamentally challenges our society's views about crime, punishment, justice and mercy. According to statistics compiled by a national childs' safety advocacy group, in about 40 percent of cases authorities examine the evidence, determine that the child's death was a terrible accident -- a mistake of memory that delivers a lifelong sentence of guilt far greater than any a judge or jury could mete out -- and file no charges. In the other 60 percent of the cases, parsing essentially identical facts and applying them to essentially identical laws, authorities decide that the negligence was so great and the injury so grievous that it must be called a felony, and it must be aggressively pursued.

I found it most interesting as the research says, it is important that we understand why these types of incidents happent to certain people and not to others. Well, I don't think it is as simple as this person is a better parent than the next...no not that easy. I think it is about priorities and what is kept formost on your mind as being the number one priority. That's my opinon as I am always engaging with my children constantly in the car, it would be impossible for me to forget my child is in the car....but that's me. I am a worry wart and anxious personallity so that is also something to figure in researching why some people could never do such a thing.

That's my .02, take it or leave it. In this case. Baby Christian was "forgotten" because of etreme negligence and irresponsibility, plain and simple. NOT because this mother was so damn busy she "forgot" for 11 fucking hours. Try sitting in a sweltering car for 1 hour much less, 11....it might put a new perspective on things.

What I vehemiently disagree is having been given a snide remark and judgment made to my own personal parenting.

I challenge you to cut and past here where any snide remark and judgment was made about your parenting.

What was commented on is the mind set that places one at a greater risk of falling victim to this type of accident as reported in the story I linked.

Had you taken the time to educate yourself and follow the information placed right in front of you, you might have recognized that.

Instead you chosen the path of willful ignorance.

Your fly off the handle response also indicates you are easily distracted and taken off your game. Again, a common factor in accidents where kids are left in cars.

willful ignorance

1. (idiomatic), also called vincible ignorance is a bad faith decision to avoid becoming informed about something so as to avoid having to make undesirable decisions that such information might prompt. It may also be shown as for a person to have no clue in a decision but still goes ahead in their decision.

R

After she got inside the home, was she dealing with two wild kids that drew her attention? She has to make a meal for the kids, maybe do some laundry, maybe a 100 other task that she has to get done, all distractions.

I'm having a hard time believing that any decent mother would be so distracted that they would forget a 7-month old baby for 11 hours, even if not incapacitated by prescription medication and alcohol. If she was in so much pain that she need to chase her prescription medication with chardonnay, she should have ensured that her children were safe and secure FIRST.

I don't for a minute think it was intentional, but there's no question in my mind that she was negligent.

I challenge you to cut and past here where any snide remark and judgment was made about your parenting.

What was commented on is the mind set that places one at a greater risk of falling victim to this type of accident as reported in the story I linked.
You think? I don't need you to spell it out to me, DF.

Had you taken the time to educate yourself and follow the information placed right in front of you, you might have recognized that.

Instead you chosen the path of willful ignorance....I read the article DF.

Your fly off the handle response also indicates you are easily distracted and taken off your game. Again, a common factor in accidents where kids are left in cars.

Your the ignorant one Harley, if you haven't noticed, I did read the fucking article and I'm no where near "off my game". The difference between you and I is that I end bullshit. I am not hear for fun and games, and to ooh and ahhh at tit's and ass, as my priority at this site. I care far more about the vicitms her and the circumstances involved than you will ever know. Just ask anyone here what they think about why I'm here. I think you might just be surprised with your answers....you know what, don't bother, 'cause again, I'm not here to be liked or popular.

willful ignorance PALEEEZ, POSTING THIS IS JUST ELEMENTARY BEHAVIOR....
  1. (idiomatic), also called vincible ignorance is a bad faith decision to avoid becoming informed about something so as to avoid having to make undesirable decisions that such information might prompt. It may also be shown as for a person to have no clue in a decision but still goes ahead in their decision.

R

Do yourself and your kids a favor
, read the link.

Anyone= me, the person you responding too...yeah, I can read between the lines.
Do yourself and your kids a favor= implying that I need a clue for the sake of my kids well being.

I will no longer expend any more valuable time with your ludicruous assesments and comments about me or my opinons.
You Harley_Tech are not worth my time....it ends here.

Oh, and in the future, try defending someone actually worth defending.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like she had a Blackout caused by alcohol + painkillers. I have heard of people coming out of a Blackout in the middle of an interview, when driving, I could go on ad nauseum.

She must have been horrified, and the poor baby. A tragic accident and not murder in my eyes.

I know women who have done stupid and dangerous things around their children due to substance misuse, but address their problems seriously, stop drinking/using, get their lives back and become resposible members of society and even sometimes get their kids back.

I think she shouldn't be allowed to have her children until she properly addresses her problems and proves that she can be a responsible mother.

My honest opinion and I don't wish to be slaughtered for it. JMHO.:lollypop:

NELL PLEASE PM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do yourself and your kids a favor= implying that I need a clue for the sake of my kids well being.

I didn't see it as you saw it then Silva.. I saw it as him just saying, that these kind of accidents don't only happen to dysfunctional people. It could happen to anyone!

I didn't see it as you saw it then Silva.. I saw it as him just saying, that these kind of accidents don't only happen to dysfunctional people. It could happen to anyone!

Not that it could happen to anyone, 'cause no way in damn Hell I'd do that, but the general reference is what I'm talking about, yeah, probably right on that. Got too worked up over something that wasn't really the point over this thread. All is good and under the bridge.

Last edited:
That's right up there with LaBetty or LaMaryJane

Yea, they are all fucking CUNTS! How do you forget about the most PRECIOUS loving creature/human god gave to you! There is no excuse in my BOOK none! They are VALUABLE cargo under the sun and should be your top priority they are your baby/child.

I don't understand why she didn't take her baby out of the car to begin with because her other 2 children were old enough to walk. Even if the baby was asleep she shouldn't be leaving the baby asleep in the car so why didn't she take the baby inside to begin with. Also, I wonder if the other two children asked her where the baby was because I can tell you my son would have asked where his sister was when she wasn't around.

Last edited:
Sometimes picking your battles means letting go of the need to engage in them

Just edited because the douche isn't worth my response. Reading my own sig tag. Not worth an infraction.

Last edited:

I will no longer expend any more valuable time with your ludicruous assesments and comments about me or my opinons.
You Harley_Tech are not worth my time....it ends here.

Oh, and in the future, try defending someone actually worth defending.

Yep, he's just going on ignore, he has no clue.

the facts are often the same: An otherwise loving and attentive parent one day gets busy, or distracted, or upset, or confused by a change in his or her daily routine, and just... forgets a child is in the car.

No loving and attentive parent could forget their their child. That's just a stupid quote.

According to police documents, Wilson told police that she was prescribed the pain medication hydrocodone on Sunday for complications with her knee. She took one pill Tuesday morning before work and two more at about 4 p.m. before leaving work, she told police.

"[Wilson] said on her way home from work, she stopped at a gas station in the City of Duncanville and purchased an unknown amount of Sutter Home Chardonnay," the documents stated.

Wilson drank some of the chardonnay when she got home about 5:30 p.m., took one more pill and then left to pick up Christian and his two brothers, ages 3 and 6, from day care, according to the documents.

Laheather Wilson took 2 pain pills at 4pm, before getting off work. She then took another pill at 5:30pm, along with only god knows how much wine. The whole bottle, no doubt. I'm surprised she even made it to the daycare, much less made it back home.

The dumb bitch should have picked her kids up on the way home. Only after feeding all three of her children, and having put them down for the night, should she have cast herself into oblivion with pills and a bottle of wine. Bah!

Laheather Wilson took 2 pain pills at 4pm, before getting off work. She then took another pill at 5:30pm, along with only god knows how much wine. The whole bottle, no doubt. I'm surprised she even made it to the daycare, much less made it back home.

The dumb bitch should have picked her kids up on the way home. Only after feeding all three of her children, and having put them down for the night, should she have cast herself into oblivion with pills and a bottle of wine. Bah!

Couldn't agree with you more UC.

Had this mother simply brought the baby in the house immediately upon arrival, there would be no dead baby.

I'd much rather this mother booze it up with meds and pass out leaving her baby unattended all night, in the home, than do what she did.

O.K. I'm done. So sorry baby Christian.

Wow. This thread wound up being actually quite interesting. I had to walk away from it for a while to think about it a bit before trying to post a reply.

First, Harley's initial post was a bit inflammatory and unnecessarily personal, but I did spend some time at the links he posted. I think most of us are in agreement that the circumstances surrounding the death of LaHeather's baby clearly suggest negligience on her part. However, the cases discussed in The Washington Post article are much less clear cut; they suggest that pretty much anyone could be subject to the conditions that lead to leaving a child alone in a car. To me, believing in a higher power and claiming that "I would never..." is nothing more than hubris. Is it statistically likely that any D'D member will leave his or her child alone in a car for an extended period of time? No. Is it statistically impossible? No. The whole point of The Washington Post article is that being a good parent doesn't exclude you from the distractions, worries, stressors, physical and mental changes associated with aging and health conditions, and so on that could conceivably (though unlikely) lead to a child being left in a car and, worst case scenario, dying from being left in the car. I know we have some damn awesome parents here, but I also am well aware that one statistically unlikely moment can lead to tragedy--and I suspect the rest of you are equally aware. No, I take that back. I know you are. Find any thread about someone who left their child with a trusted caregiver then abused that child, and you will see the outrage of parents who know that there are dangers everywhere. I guess the difference here is that the "danger" is the circumstances that can lead to an otherwise good parent "forgetting" a child.

I also had to laugh that thebooblady got a groan over her post. Are you fucking kidding me? She was merely stating the obvious. We come on here and excoriate people who don't do right by their children, but we have members known to be parents who freely post about being high or being drunk. I see the same thing when I review my Facebook posts. Any member who thinks that he or she can make such posts and not have others wonder--or talk!--about their capacity as a parent is delusional. Please, I mean this as a friendly reminder: if you don't want something about your life to be the subject of others' discussions, speculations, and, yes, judgments, then don't post it. Chances are, you are not the only member who is PMing your buddies about other D'D members.

Finally, a big thank you to everyone who was involved in the quite heated discussion. I hope you won't be offended when I say that I'm very proud that our members were able to put an end to what could have been a major fucking blow-up by choosing to step away. You reminded me of why I love this site and its members.

That was an accident and I removed it. i wanted to thank her for her point of view and I guess i have been out of thanks for over a day.

I groaned you because I love you, Nell.

Until today, every groan I've given has been accidental. I just wanted to see what it felt like to intentionally groan someone.

I think I like it. I'll have to do it more often.

(I'll ungroan you if you want me to. LOL)

I RARELY disagree with UCat, and I'm not really in disagreeement now. But if you think about it, since Dad was at work, Mom shouldn't have been knocking herself out with drugs/alcohol. Being the only adult in the house, what would have happened to those children if there had been a fire or if one of them had a medical emergency? Three hydros and a bottle of wine might have kept Mom from hearing the children if they tried to wake her.

I live in chronic pain, therefore, I am prescribed SERIOUS painkillers. I don't even crash like that when I'm the only adult in the house and my youngest is 14 years old. He's still a kid. He might very well panic in an emergency situation. Hell, I don't know, but I'm afraid to take the chance. I make sure his brother or Dad are here. Or send him to Grandma's.

And as for forgetting a baby in the car: Not hardly. Don't people TALK to their children? Even if the baby fell asleep, I would have been checking him in the mirror. I've read the articles on the subject. I've read quite a bit of the raw research, as well. I simply do not understand how any parent can forget a child in a vehicle. I really believe it comes down to priorities. If you are so goddamned busy that you could possibly forget your child then you need to reevaluate your lifestyle. Because that child should be the center of your existence for the short time you are responsible for raising him to adulthood.

I also think we Demonite Mamas are harder on other Mamas than most folks. I am because I have SACRIFICED a great deal for my children's well being. I wanted them to have a childhood. Something I didn't have the luxury of, myself. Those sacrifices mean that I've been hard on myself to ensure I am doing the right thing for them. By god, if I can do it, so can every other Mama. And any woman who is too lazy or self centered to put her children before herself should keep her goddamned legs crossed and not have any.

Finally, a big thank you to everyone who was involved in the quite heated discussion. I hope you won't be offended when I say that I'm very proud that our members were able to put an end to what could have been a major fucking blow-up by choosing to step away. You reminded me of why I love this site and its members.

I'm trying. It's hard I will admit. I put a whole huge post in but then thought about Dakota for some reason, and remembered her from a different thread asking me to be patient and be the better person, so I edited.

Damn Dakota, I don't usually listen to many people, so I must be learning something.

Oh but I do use my groans freely where warranted. I don't think i've really actually groaned very many people. A lot were given out a few weeks ago. In just one thread.

But the rest, totally warranted, so use em if you got em people!!

I RARELY disagree with UCat, and I'm not really in disagreeement now. But if you think about it, since Dad was at work, Mom shouldn't have been knocking herself out with drugs/alcohol. Being the only adult in the house, what would have happened to those children if there had been a fire or if one of them had a medical emergency? Three hydros and a bottle of wine might have kept Mom from hearing the children if they tried to wake her.

I was being sarcastic about her casting herself into oblivion, which is something I believe she does quite often, considering she already has three 'drinking' violations. Imagine how many times she didn't get caught.

You are right (of course), UCat. I think I really intended to reference your post, I just didn't express it very well. It's clear that this mom has A LOT of issues with alcohol and drugs.

You are right (of course), UCat. I think I really intended to reference your post, I just didn't express it very well. It's clear that this mom has A LOT of issues with alcohol and drugs.

I forgot to add the rolls eyes smiley. Generally, most everything I say tends to be on the snarky side. I will try and convey it better next time.

On another note, I think all the Demon moms and grandmas here are pretty awesome. Dads too. :smile:

"How many have had this thought before when caring for an infant "oh, he/she is sleeping and I don't want to wake her/him, I've got a lot going on right now and that is one less thing to deal with"?

I'm sure a lot of us parents have THOUGHT this, that doesn't mean we are willing to put our child's life at stake simply because it might inconvenience what we have going on at the time. She knew the second she decided she wanted to down some wine and take some pills that she was putting her children's lives at stake when she still had to go pick them up from daycare. Why didn't she just carry the child in when she took the diaper bag? Or bring the child in first for that matter? Bottom line is she left her child in the car and got to fucked up to go get him. This is 100% her fault. I don't care how many things she had going on, or if her leg hurt, you put your children first in ANY situation.

You know what Im so tired of seeing these negative post if you people are so religious and so godly why you posting such hate on a women that you don't even know you guys don't know half of the story this is a long time friend of mines who is anybody to judge her take a look at yourself before you pass judgement.None of guys know how it feels to lose a child and you don't even realize that is so much more to the story that cannot be discussed because her case is still open but I'm pretty sure she not gonna get the time that their trying to give her.take a look at CASEY ANTHONY DESERVES she is the real baby killer. when its a black women its so easy to condemn them but that white bitch got away with actually murdering her baby when everyones knows she killed her child.Even though she made this horrible mistake i know that she feels that if she could take it back she would

first of all if she really left her baby in the car don't you think that maybe one of the older kids would let her know that the baby was still in the car like you have to really think she has really smart boys so i know that they would inform her like i said there is more to the story then what is being told.

Oh sorry. You will have to hold on for a moment. We already have an active defender in another thread we are focusing on.

Thank you for your patience.

Back