• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

TheMorningStar

is a catcus
Winnie Wiles is the whack-a-mole champion!

A 95-year-old woman is safe after fighting off her attacker with a screwdriver in what would have been a home invasion.

About 3 a.m. Saturday, Wiles was awakened to the sounds of someone trying to get in her house, Bartlesville Police Chief Tom Holland said.

Wiles grabbed a screwdriver and wheeled her 4-foot-11-inch frame over to the front door where a man was trying to get in the house, Holland said.

“She kept telling him to go away, that he had the wrong house and to leave her alone,” Holland said. “But he kept trying to get in.”

At some point, Holland said, the man broke the glass on the door and tried repeatedly to reach inside and unlock the door.

“And every time he did it, she stabbed him,” Holland said. “I don’t know how long this went on, but she got him once on the knuckle, and almost took his knuckle off. I mean, she was really fighting him.”

After playing whack-a-mole with Horsley for 90 minutes, the man passed out on her front porch from blood loss!

[edit] Not sure if it was blood loss, but I'd like to think so :D

http://newsok.com/article/keyword/3234092/
http://www.fox23.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=e409793f-ae13-43f0-9739-38d3d79f9fd5

Last edited:
OMG Thank you so much for posting this story. I can't stop laughing at the mental picture I have of this little old lady playing whack a mole! :rofl:

Good for her! I'm laughing so hard my sides hurt! Anybody need a security guard? Call Winnie!

Possible alternate headline:

Winnie Whiles Away Her Time Proving One of Newton's Laws: Every Action Has an Equal And opposite Reaction - Just Ask Horsley, Who Was Her Test Subject! :p

:D
way to go Granny.
I would have Loved to have seen this one.

Thank heavens she had so much heart can you imagine what may have happened.

way to go Granny.
I would have Loved to have seen this one.

Thank heavens she had so much heart can you imagine what may have happened.

Yes, I am sure she was scared as hell! Thank god it turned out the way it did but there can be no doubt she took the bull by the horns when she needed to. I'd take her as a partner in my foxhole any day!

My favorite news quotes so far:

"He was pretty chewed up and one knuckle was almost gone", said Bartlesville police officer Tom Holland.

After an hour-and-a-half of the woman fighting back, officers say the man passed out and that was her chance to call 911. “What do you tell your friends in county jail, where did you get those wounds? I don't know that he's going to tell them he got them from a 95-year-old lady confined to a wheel chair."

“And every time he did it, she stabbed him,” Holland said. “I don’t know how long this went on, but she got him once on the knuckle, and almost took his knuckle off. I mean, she was really fighting him.”

And every time it happened, Holland said the man would yell at Wiles and say “Lady, quit stabbing me.”
:rofl: The sound of the whack-a-mole game scoring a direct hit!

“We got the call from the niece about 4:37 a.m.,” the police chief said. “Of course, we got officers over there right away. And they saw the window had been broken out and there was blood all over the door and on the floor, and there was a white male passed out at the base of the door, lying in a pool of blood.

“When they entered the house there was this little 95-year-old woman holding a bloody screw driver,” Holland said. “She was pretty relieved to see the uniformed officers.”

“Personally, I plan to get her a plaque and a case of screwdrivers,” Holland said. “She’s quite a brave little lady. She protected her property, and I’m real proud of her.”

Last edited:
Back