• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jaded

Staff member
But we left the heat on!

That was a Southampton couple's excuse for leaving their 9-week-old baby alone in the car while they were watching the Kentucky Derby at an Off-Track Betting site, Southampton Town police said Saturday night.

After the infant had been in the parking lot for more than 20 minutes, the new parents came out and tried to drive away, police said. But the cops detained the couple, Krystal Rose Downes, 24, and Jhimy Alban Vintimilla, 28, and charged them with misdemeanor endangering the welfare of a child, according to a Southampton Police news release.

Downes told the police that she wasn't endangering her baby, "because after all, she didn't leave the baby out in the cold," and "she made sure she left the vehicle running so the heat could be kept on," police said.

The couple, who could not be immediately reached for comment Saturday night, were ticketed, released and will be arraigned, police said. The cops also reported the parents to the Suffolk County's child welfare agency.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/suffolk/ny-libad0504,0,5808566.story

I haven't been able to track down any pics yet......

There were two of them and they couldn't take the baby with them??? I am just glad the baby was ok and that these two asholes get stuck inside a car in the middle of summer, by two cars that park really really close to them and they can't get out.

Back