• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
contractorsbroom.jpeg

A kitchen porter was left with horrific internal injuries after a workplace prank went very wrong.
Chef Gary Trice, worked at the Rainforest Adventure Softplay in East Kilbride, Lanarkshire, when he attempted to copy a stunt he had watched on a Facebook page called 'On The Tools'.

The 29-year-old placed the handle of a brush under kitchen porter Lewis Mitchell, 21, after asking him to fetch cupcake holders from the top of a fridge.
But Mr Mitchell lost his grip on the fridge and crashed into the broom handle, reports the Daily Record.

Last edited by a moderator:
"There was initial denial of responsibility by the accused when interviewed."

Neal McShane, defending, said: "The complainer losing his grip left insufficient time to remove the brush.

Nice, blame the victim- stupid butterfingers, none of this woulda happened if he’d just kept his grip!

This ‘prank’ was set up to fail- the ‘joke’ is supposedly when the victim sees the broom & realizes he can’t get down- in this case the ‘prankster’ secretly places the broom under the victim- so whether he slipped or purposefully jumped down, he was doomed to get skewered regardless!

Also I think $250k for the victims pain & losses is way too low- how long was that broom handle?- I’d award him $1million per inch!!

Back