• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

impqueen

Libertine Enchantress
Bold Member!
Holy cats, it's another from Utah. Nurseronda sends me news from all over and she hit me with this one and the other Utah one. They must be having a run on babykillers.

Anyway. Here are Kimberly and Fyodor Emelyantsev, from Tooele, Utah:

20080313025617emelyantssq8.jpg
20080313025420emelyantsei5.jpg

And here's the Salt Lake Tribune article:

A Tooele woman has been charged with murder after a 14-month-old suffered head injuries and died.

Kimberly K. Emelyantsev appeared Thursday in 3rd District Court in Tooele, where a judge set a $500,000 cash-only bail. A scheduling hearing was set for Tuesday.

Court documents cite witnesses who said Emelyantsev, 33, was in her home with Nicoli shortly before the baby suffered blunt force trauma to the head. Emelyantsev offered some kind of explanation for the injuries, but a medical examiner found the explanation to be inconsistent with the trauma, court papers say.

Nicoli, who had Down syndrome, was adopted and had been with the family less than a month, according to a police report.

Emelyantsev's husband, Fyodor Emelyantsev, is in custody at the Tooele County jail on suspicion of child abuse involving a 4-year-old, who also was adopted from Russia.

The 4-year-old was being treated for malnourishment at Primary Children's Medical Center. Three other children -- ages 10, 5 and 2 -- were placed in the care of relatives.

Fyodor Emelyantsev works as a nurse at a rest home, while his wife recently quit her job as a paralegal to care for the children, according to prosecutors.

It was a 9-1-1 call from the Emilyantsev home in Tooele Friday that alerted police to the situation.

Dispatcher: " Yes, what's the problem?

Mom: "I have a problem with my baby. It's a little boy we just adopted ."

Dispatcher: " What type of problem?"

Mom: "...breathing problems."

Inside the home, police found an 14-month old on the floor, barely breathing.

Dispatcher: What exactly happened?

Mom: He is breathing. I don't know. I don't know. We've got five ... He's out fifth child. We just adopted him from Russia."

http://www.abc4.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=74d63310-3625-487b-a782-9390b58176f5&rss=20

She plead guilty to a lessor charge.

http://www.tooeletranscript.com/pag...de&widget=push&instance=home_news_left&open=&

A Tooele mom originally charged with the murder of her 14-month-old adopted son pled guilty today in 3rd District Court to amended charges of child abuse homicide — a second-degree felony.

Kimberly Emelyantsev, 33, made a 911 call on March 6 to report that her son Nikolai — a child with Down syndrome who she had recently adopted from Russia — was experiencing breathing problems. Tooele City police officers who responded to the scene noted discoloration and bruising to the child’s face. The child was taken to Mountain West Medical Center and then transported to Primary Children’s Medical Center, where he later died.

Emelyantsev originally told police the child had fallen off a chair in the family’s living room when she had left the room for a few minutes to change another child’s diaper. She was arrested March 10 after physicians at Primary Children’s Medical Center advised police that Nikolai had sustained injuries that were a result of blunt-force trauma to the head and could not have been caused by a fall as described by Emelyantsev.

Emelyantsev told Judge Mark Kouris that the child had not fallen, but rather she had dropped him, which ultimately caused his death.

Deputy County Attorney Gary Searle said the amended charges were part of a plea deal.

“In our plea negotiations with the defense, we found out that [the case] fit better under a reckless charge rather than intentional,â€￾ Searle said. “It wasn’t an accident, but the intent to kill the child wasn’t there either.â€￾

Searle said more details as to what actually happened to Nikolai will come out at the upcoming sentencing hearing, but added the child was dropped more than once.

Additional child abuse charges against Emelyantsev and her husband, Fyodor, in connection with the suspected abuse of another of the couple’s children — a 4-year-old son with Down syndrome, also adopted from Russia — were dismissed after further review by the county attorney’s office.

“There wasn’t even a consensus among the medical community [about the alleged abuse],â€￾ Searle said. “There just weren’t the facts to move forward on it.â€￾

Fyodor will be released from custody. Searle said it’s possible that the couple’s children — a 10-year-old daughter from Kimberly’s previous marriage, and two younger biological daughters, ages 5 and 2, and the 4-year-old adopted son — who were being watched by a maternal uncle in Dugway will be returned to the couple, though not immediately.

Kimberly will appear for sentencing on Aug. 8. She could face up to 15 years in prison.

Babies with Down Syndrome can be a handful but there is no excuse for this. Oops I didn't mean to kill him doesn't cut it with me. Try not raising your fist to a child, dumbass.

A 14 month old with Down Syndrome at that! My neice has DS, and she is an amazing and loving little girl. She has a lot of medical problems, which is to be expected, and I admire how dedicated my sister-in-law is with her. But this is rediculous. What, did Russia give a break on the usual 25k adoption fee for him having DS so they thought it would be a great idea? This disgusts me.

Searle said it’s possible that the couple’s children — a 10-year-old daughter from Kimberly’s previous marriage, and two younger biological daughters, ages 5 and 2, and the 4-year-old adopted son — who were being watched by a maternal uncle in Dugway will be returned to the couple, though not immediately.

WTF..Kill one, abuse another and then send them back home!!!
Remember their names, I am sure that we will be hearing more about them in the future!!

If she dropped the child on accident, she wouldn't have had a need to try to cover it up. The hospital said he had to have been dropped more than once. Why the fuck would they give the other children back? I just don't get it.

Woman admits to child-abuse homicide in death of infant boy
By Stephen Hunt
The Salt Lake Tribune
Article Last Updated: 06/23/2008 02:53:46 PM MDT

Posted: 2:27 PM- A Tooele woman has admitted to killing a 14-month-old boy she and her husband adopted from Russia by deliberately dropping the child on his head in March.
Kimberly K. Emelyantsev, 33, was charged with first-degree felony murder for the March 7 death of Nicoli Emelyantsev. She pleaded guilty in 3rd District Court to a lesser count of second-degree felony child-abuse homicide.
Child abuse charges filed against both Emelyantsev and her husband, 32-year-old Fyodor, in connection with the alleged starvation of a 4-year-old boy also adopted from Russia have been dropped. Deputy Tooele County Attorney Gary Searle said there was insufficient medical proof
of malnutrition to pursue the child abuse charges.

Rest of story

Why the fuck adopt children if you want to hurt them? These two fucks sound like they get their jollies by hurting those who can't fight back. Sick, nastards.

The woman dropped the child on March 6 "out of pure frustration," Searle said, who added that the child was "fussy," and "a lot of things were going on in home involving the child and the family."

I think that we have all be frustrated and have had alot of things going on in families, but we haven't thrown our kids on their heads!
I hope that she gets the full 15 years!!

Kimberly plead guilty to a second degree child abuse homicide, a felony, and in October 2008, she got 15 years for her troubles. Looks like her husband, Fyodor, walked.
1638334381989.png

Mom gets prison for killing toddler

By Jamie Belnap - TranscriptBulletin.com

October 14, 2008

Hogan: “There is no one more defenseless than this child was.”

A Tooele mom who admitted to killing her 14-month-old child was sentenced in 3rd District Court Friday to one to 15 years in the Utah State Prison.

Kimberly Emelyantsev, 34, made a 911 call on March 6 to report that her son Nikolai — a child with Down syndrome who she had recently adopted from Russia — was experiencing breathing problems. Tooele City police officers who responded to the scene noted discoloration and bruising to the child’s face. The child was taken to Mountain West Medical Center and then transported to Primary Children’s Medical Center, where he later died.

Emelyantsev originally told police the child had fallen off a chair in the family’s living room when she had left the room for a few minutes to change another child’s diaper. She was arrested March 10 after physicians at Primary Children’s Medical Center advised police that Nikolai had sustained injuries that were a result of blunt-force trauma to the head and could not have been caused by a fall as described by Emelyantsev.

Emelyantsev was originally charged with first-degree murder, but pled guilty on June 20 to a lesser charge of second-degree felony child abuse homicide as part of a plea deal.

At that plea hearing, Emelyantsev told Judge Mark Kouris that she had dropped Nikolai twice — once on a bag of diapers and again on a hard-surface floor.

However, during a 60-day psychological evaluation completed prior to sentencing, another version of the story emerged. Emelyantsev told interviewers that she had kicked the child twice, sliding him across the floor, according to Tooele County Attorney Doug Hogan. Later that day, when frustration with the needs of her other children boiled over, Emelyantsev picked up Nikolai and “slammed” him onto the hard-surface floor twice.

“The version that came out during the diagnostic is far more chilling,” Hogan said, adding that it also fits better with the injuries sustained.

Hogan said Emelyantsev and her husband Fyodor are both relinquishing their parental rights to their four remaining children — a 10-year-old Down syndrome daughter from Kimberly’s previous marriage, their two biological children, ages 5 and 2, and a 4-year-old Down syndrome son they adopted from Russia last Christmas. The children are currently being cared for by family members.

Defense attorney Jon Williams said Emelyantsev blames what happened on the circumstances at the time and a husband “who would not participate in an extraordinary familial situation.”

“This case has been tragic,” Hogan said. “Much of this could have been avoided if there had been more communication between husband and wife.”

Hogan asked the court to follow the recommendations made in the diagnostic report and send Emelyantsev to prison.

“There is no one more defenseless than this child was,” Hogan said, adding that the possibilities for rehabilitation were greater at the prison.

Emelyantsev, through moments of sobbing, told Judge Mark Kouris she was sorry.

“What I did caused the death of my son,” Emelyantsev said. “I will never get over that, ever. I’m ashamed. I would just like you to know, sir, that I am truly sorry. But sorry will never bring him back.”

Kouris said when applying sentences he looks at three things: community safety, rehabilitation and punishment.

He said while he could not imagine Emelyantsev committing such a crime again, he sentenced her to prison partly in light of the diagnostic report, which detailed a variety of emotional and psychological problems Emelyantsev was experiencing, including a major depressive disorder.

“I have to make sure you getting the help you need,” Kouris said.

He also wanted the punishment to fit the crime, he said.

“It’s one thing to walk away [from a difficult child] and another to do this,” Kouris said. “I understand you weren’t in the right frame of mind, but it caused the funeral of a little baby.”

Kouris then sentenced Emelyantsev to one to 15 years in prison, giving her credit for the 214 days she had already served and recommending that she attend all available treatment.

“As terrible as this is, there is going to be life on the other side of this,” Kouris said.​
She is doing almost the entire 15 years and is scheduled to be paroled in September 2022.
  • Offender Number: 185824
  • Offender Name: KIMBERLY KAY EMELYANTSEV
  • DOB: Wed, 10 Jul 1974
  • Height: 5 Feet 5 Inches
  • Weight: 155
  • Sex: F
  • Housing Facility: TIMPANOGOS
  • Parole Date: 09/13/2022

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back