• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Warning :( story is graphic and disturbing
Authorities say a New Mexico man slaughtered his family's dog to serve it for dinner.

(...)46-year-old Salvador Martinez (...) deputies conducting a welfare check July 18 were told by Martinez's girlfriend that he had killed the dog, a 9-month-old chiweenie named Onyx.

Martinez (...) stabbed the dog with a screwdriver and researched dog meat recipes online (...)
Martinez faces a charge of extreme animal cruelty and child abuse.

He is currently in federal custody on unrelated charges.
http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/home/9824862-172/man-killed-pet-dog-to
salvador-martinez.jpg

Salvador Martinez

How many studies need to be done that connect animal abuse to domestic/child abuse before animal abuse will be treated as a serious crime? I know some states do, but it needs to be consistent across the country.

How many studies need to be done that connect animal abuse to domestic/child abuse before animal abuse will be treated as a serious crime? I know some states do, but it needs to be consistent across the country.
Because unfortunately the courts still don't consider domestic/child abuse a serious crime. Look at the examples we read all the time, the horribly low sentences or bail amounts.

Because unfortunately the courts still don't consider domestic/child abuse a serious crime. Look at the examples we read all the time, the horribly low sentences or bail amounts.

Touche'. Because why would that be taken seriously... right?

He researched whether it was legal to eat dogs AFTER he brutally killed the poor creature? Why the hell would you even worry about it at that point?

Latest posts

Back