• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2018/11/30/kids-served-pine-sol-instead-apple-juice-honolulu-preschool/
Three children at an East Honolulu preschool were served Pine-Sol instead of apple juice earlier this week, and took several sips of the cleaning fluid before child care workers realized the mistake.

A state Health Department investigation found that a classroom assistant preparing morning snacks for children at Kilohana United Methodist Church Preschool served the cleaning fluid — even though it was in the original Pine-Sol container and properly labeled.

The assistant apparently “saw the yellow/brown colored liquid container on a clean-up cart in the kitchen and returned to the classroom” with it, the Health Department said in its review.

The clean-up cart had no other food items on it.

Paramedics were called for the incident [....]

Three young girls, a 4-year-old and two 5-year-olds, were treated at the preschool and had no apparent signs of trauma or sickness. They were not taken to a hospital.
In a letter to parents, the preschool called the incident “unfortunate” and said none of the children were injured.

“Only sips were taken before the lead teacher realized the liquid was not apple juice," the preschool said. “The staff responded immediately by calling EMS and police. The children’s parents were immediately notified as well.”

The school said it will be “scrutinizing the process of obtaining snacks and refreshments to rule out the smallest possibility of an occurrence like this from happening again.”

Preschool staff are also undergoing mandatory training.
[....]

Attachments

• apple_juice.jpg
    apple_juice.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,427
Uh...you can't train stupid! How was this sort of mistake even made? Pine-sol smells terrible!

Especially since it was in the original labeled Pine-Sol container! Maybe they should hire assistants who can read.

WTF.... I am seriously at a loss for words here. Is it really that someone was this fucking stupid and oblivious? Working with toddler aged children? You know the ones that are in a constant state of "What can I get away with to kill myself" mode

So none of the rocket scientists acting as servers had any discernible sense of smell?
Boot every one of those people out of the school ban them for coming within 500 yards and count your lucky stars for the kids not croaking.
Did I have to be honest here how retarded are those kids for drinking Pine-Sol?
Is this a school for the developmentally delayed moron?
What life lessons are they teaching adding subtraction and reading writing along with holding your nose and suppressing a gag reflex?

Come on Hawaii up your game your Tropical Paradise not God damn Arkansas

I don't believe it could be an accident. Not only did the label clearly say Pine-sol, but the liquid has a very strong smell. How could they not notice?? Are they illiterate, anosmic, and incredibly stupid too?

Last edited:
That bitch was trying to poison those kids ..
There is no way in hell, a person could confuse Pine Sol and apple juice ..

It seems deliberate to me too, why else would you get a correctly labeled cleaner that smells very strong of pine and pour it into cups for kids to drink. Definitely not an accident.

A state Health Department investigation found that a classroom assistant preparing morning snacks for children at Kilohana United Methodist Church Preschool served the cleaning fluid — even though it was in the original Pine-Sol container and properly labeled.

There are only two possibilities: 1) deliberate act of poisoning, or 2) too fucking stupid to be around kids. Or anyone else.

I read somewhere that the classroom assistant was an elderly woman. Dementia, perhaps? I will have to see if I can dig up the link.

ETA: Or not. Maybe it was speculation by someone commenting on a news site.

Last edited:
So none of the rocket scientists acting as servers had any discernible sense of smell?
Boot every one of those people out of the school ban them for coming within 500 yards and count your lucky stars for the kids not croaking.
Did I have to be honest here how retarded are those kids for drinking Pine-Sol?
Is this a school for the developmentally delayed moron?
What life lessons are they teaching adding subtraction and reading writing along with holding your nose and suppressing a gag reflex?

Come on Hawaii up your game your Tropical Paradise not God damn Arkansas
Some kids are idiots. My ex brother in law drank an entire bottle of cologne as a child.

Back