• You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2018/11/30/kids-served-pine-sol-instead-apple-juice-honolulu-preschool/
Three children at an East Honolulu preschool were served Pine-Sol instead of apple juice earlier this week, and took several sips of the cleaning fluid before child care workers realized the mistake.

A state Health Department investigation found that a classroom assistant preparing morning snacks for children at Kilohana United Methodist Church Preschool served the cleaning fluid — even though it was in the original Pine-Sol container and properly labeled.

The assistant apparently “saw the yellow/brown colored liquid container on a clean-up cart in the kitchen and returned to the classroom” with it, the Health Department said in its review.

The clean-up cart had no other food items on it.

Paramedics were called for the incident [....]

Three young girls, a 4-year-old and two 5-year-olds, were treated at the preschool and had no apparent signs of trauma or sickness. They were not taken to a hospital.
In a letter to parents, the preschool called the incident “unfortunate” and said none of the children were injured.

“Only sips were taken before the lead teacher realized the liquid was not apple juice," the preschool said. “The staff responded immediately by calling EMS and police. The children’s parents were immediately notified as well.”

The school said it will be “scrutinizing the process of obtaining snacks and refreshments to rule out the smallest possibility of an occurrence like this from happening again.”

Preschool staff are also undergoing mandatory training.
[....]
 

Comments

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
Staff member
Uh...you can't train stupid! How was this sort of mistake even made? Pine-sol smells terrible!
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Especially since it was in the original labeled Pine-Sol container! Maybe they should hire assistants who can read.
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Totemic

Trusted Member
Bold Member!
WTF.... I am seriously at a loss for words here. Is it really that someone was this fucking stupid and oblivious? Working with toddler aged children? You know the ones that are in a constant state of "What can I get away with to kill myself" mode
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Sejanus

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
So none of the rocket scientists acting as servers had any discernible sense of smell?
Boot every one of those people out of the school ban them for coming within 500 yards and count your lucky stars for the kids not croaking.
Did I have to be honest here how retarded are those kids for drinking Pine-Sol?
Is this a school for the developmentally delayed moron?
What life lessons are they teaching adding subtraction and reading writing along with holding your nose and suppressing a gag reflex?

Come on Hawaii up your game your Tropical Paradise not God damn Arkansas
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Brillig

Danse Macabre Instructor
Bold Member!
I don't believe it could be an accident. Not only did the label clearly say Pine-sol, but the liquid has a very strong smell. How could they not notice?? Are they illiterate, anosmic, and incredibly stupid too?
 
Last edited:

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

myra manes

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
That bitch was trying to poison those kids ..
There is no way in hell, a person could confuse Pine Sol and apple juice ..
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
It seems deliberate to me too, why else would you get a correctly labeled cleaner that smells very strong of pine and pour it into cups for kids to drink. Definitely not an accident.
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Old Man Metal

Trusted Member
Staff member
A state Health Department investigation found that a classroom assistant preparing morning snacks for children at Kilohana United Methodist Church Preschool served the cleaning fluid — even though it was in the original Pine-Sol container and properly labeled.
There are only two possibilities: 1) deliberate act of poisoning, or 2) too fucking stupid to be around kids. Or anyone else.
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Jaded

No fucks to give
Staff member
I read somewhere that the classroom assistant was an elderly woman. Dementia, perhaps? I will have to see if I can dig up the link.

ETA: Or not. Maybe it was speculation by someone commenting on a news site.
 
Last edited:

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Keepalowprofile

Water is for people that don't have coffee.
Bold Member!
I just went in the kitchen and poured pine-sol in a cup.
No way was this a mistake. I could clearly smell pine-sol.
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Salepo

Well-Known Member
So none of the rocket scientists acting as servers had any discernible sense of smell?
Boot every one of those people out of the school ban them for coming within 500 yards and count your lucky stars for the kids not croaking.
Did I have to be honest here how retarded are those kids for drinking Pine-Sol?
Is this a school for the developmentally delayed moron?
What life lessons are they teaching adding subtraction and reading writing along with holding your nose and suppressing a gag reflex?

Come on Hawaii up your game your Tropical Paradise not God damn Arkansas
Some kids are idiots. My ex brother in law drank an entire bottle of cologne as a child.
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Top