• You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

Saffron

Raving Mad Bitch
Dry Ice Sends 3 Middle Schoolers To Hospital
Everett Students Swallowed Substance On Dare, Official Says

BOSTON --

Three sixth-graders at the Sumner Whitter School in Everett were taken to Children's Hospital after swallowing dry ice Wednesday morning, according to Superintendent Frederick F. Foresteire.
He said the students apparently swallowed the dry ice because of a dare.
"One student dared two, they did it. And then another student dared a student, and three of them drank it," he said.
"They were laughing and they were like, 'Oh, it tastes good. It tastes cool,'" classmate Jamina Georges said. "And then the lady was like, 'You can die from that.'"
As of late Wednesday afternoon, two of the students had been released from the hospital. One boy was in respiratory distress when he was taken from the school, and he was given oxygen.
"He could hardly talk. He was not breathing well. I just spoke to the poison control center and said he needed oxygen and he needed to be transported," school nurse Elizabeth Harper said.
Officials said a nonprofit group called Science from Scientists had been in the school helping with labs and had been performing an experiment. The school is located at 337 Broadway St.
Dry ice is solidified carbon dioxide which is extremely cold and can freeze skin and cause frost burns. If swallowed, it can burn the esophagus and mouth and a build up of the gas inside the stomach can cause it to rupture.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/23461319/detail.html
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

AngelFire

Your dream or your nightmare. You decide.
This is something that my 16 year old would have done. What's wrong with a human's brain when we are that age? I swear there has to be some chemical inbalance at that age, lol
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Marv

Trusted Member
I think the 'nonprofit group called Science from Scientists' need to be a bit more thorough in their chemical supervision.

"One student dared two, they did it. And then another student dared a student, and three of them drank it," he said.
"They were laughing and they were like, 'Oh, it tastes good. It tastes cool,'" classmate Jamina Georges said. "And then the lady was like, 'You can die from that.'"
Was this 'lady' just standing there watching them dare each other and drink the stuff? Did she not think to say something before they actually drank it?! :crazy:
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Top