• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1566096916880.png

Kentucky deputies say a traffic stop of a trash-filled van led to the discovery of a newborn baby covered in ants.

Doctors treated the 16-day-old baby boy for dehydration and turned him over to social services, according to reports.

The baby was with his mother, Rebeca Fultz, 32, of Livingston, Ky., and his grandmother, Charlotte Simpson, 69, of London, who were both arrested on multiple charges, including criminal abuse, Laurel County Sheriff John Root said.
Root said the deputies who stopped the van and found the newborn noted his breathing was labored, that he was wearing a soiled diaper and that ants were crawling on him.

The van was pulled over Thursday evening in London with no plates. Deputies detained Simpson and Fultz after a check showed they were both wanted on outstanding warrants.
Root said deputies struggled to get Fultz out of the van and didn’t notice the baby right away. He was under a blanket on the floorboard between the two front seats.
"We told them the baby was in there," Simpson told WKYT from jail. "We were in the shade, and the windows were down. It was living. I mean, why in the world?"

Aug. 19, 2019
Deputies say the driver, Charlotte Simpson, 69, had a warrant for her arrest. She was removed from the vehicle and placed under arrest. The passenger, Rebecca Fultz, 32, also had a warrant for her arrest. Deputies struggled to remove her from the vehicle and placed hand restraints on the woman.

Deputies say during the struggle with Fultz they didn’t realize anyone else was in the vehicle. 10 minutes after Fultz was removed from the vehicle, Simpson told a deputy there was a baby inside.
"We told them the baby was in there," Simpson told WKYT from jail. "We were in the shade, and the windows were down. It was living. I mean, why in the world?"

Deputies searched the vehicle, but there wasn’t a child in the car seat. The vehicle didn’t have a working air conditioner on a day where temperatures reached 90 degrees.
Eventually, they noticed a blanket on the floor of the van between the two front seats. A deputy removed the blanket and found 16-day-old child inches from the center console. He was Fultz's child. The newborn had ants on his face, and he was wearing a soiled diaper.

The newborn's breathing was labored, and he had low oxygen levels. The child was taken to a local hospital, and one of the deputies, who was a former paramedic, drove the ambulance so the others could care for the newborn.
Fultz confirmed the baby was on the floorboard, and she claimed that deputies are overstating the newborn's condition in a jailhouse interview with WKYT.

"He just had a few heat bumps on him, but that was it," Fultz said.
Fultz wouldn't say why her newborn son wasn't in the car seat, but she claimed he was safe.

"I treated my son good. I'm a good mom. I never neglected him. I have always taken care of him. They told a bunch of lies," Fultz said.
Deputies also found clothes with human feces on them, bags of trash and bugs inside the vehicle. There was also a large flat-screen TV inside the vehicle, which could’ve posed a hazard for the newborn.
The child treated for dehydration and was released to social services.

November 13, 2022
1678385506114.png

Laurel Sheriff's Deputy Drew Wilson along with Deputy Skylar McFarland and Deputy Byron Grimes arrested two individuals early Friday morning November 11, 2022, at approximately 1:41 AM.

The arrests occurred off Old Richmond Road approximately 2 miles north of London after deputies were dispatched to a report of a physical fight between a male and female subject there.

Upon arrival at the scene deputies located the two suspects nearby and learned through investigation that both had visible injuries, and both stated they had provoked each other and fought each other.
Rebecca Fultz was charged with:

• Assault – 4th degree

Kenneth Chandler was charged with:

• Assault – 4th degree
  • Public intoxication – controlled substances

Back