• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

araisner

What a fucking shit show this is. Two dead babies, and four adults who made their lives hell.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/lo...cle_481a3b0e-e0a2-56df-a4eb-060723fb8a8d.html

A 28-year-old Pine Ridge woman faces life in prison if convicted of charges she badly abused and killed her toddler son in late July.

At the time of his death, the 2-year-old child had bruises and bite marks on his body and a torn scrotum, according to court documents.

Hospital staff said the toddler appeared to have suffered from a skull fracture and possible abdominal injuries, according to an FBI report filed in court.

The boy had “multiple bruises on his body, some appeared older and some new. He also had multiple bite marks on his body and what appeared to be marks from a belt,” it said. The boy's scrotum was torn and there was hair wrapped around his genitals, the documents state.

The child was under the care of Shangreaux, who also goes by the name Katrina White Whirlwhild, when he died, the documents state.

Investigators believe a potty-training issue triggered the physical abuse, because of the boy’s scrotum injury, according to the FBI report. The boy’s maternal grandmother also told agents Shangreaux and the boy had been “arguing” about potty training.

“Abuse of children (of the victim’s) age is often triggered by potty-training issues and unreasonable expectations by the care provider regarding the child's abilities in this regard,” the report said.

The boy's father, James Shangreaux Sr. was granted permission to leave the Pennington County Jail to attend the funeral.

Shangreaux Sr. is accused of murder and child abuse in the death of his 1-year-old son in April 2015. A jury trial has been set for next January.

That child's mother, Emmy Rouillard, and her boyfriend, Robert Red Shirt, were convicted earlier this year of felony child abuse and neglect for an incident involving the boy. Rouillard was given a 2.5-year prison sentence and Red Shirt received a 4-year term for injuring the child during a drunken fight in March of 2015, three weeks before his death.​

http://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...abusing-pine-ridge-toddler-who-died/81634740/

RAPID CITY — A Pine Ridge man has been sentenced to four years in prison for injuring a toddler while fighting with his girlfriend.

Authorities allege that 28-year-old Robert Red Shirt kicked the 20-month-old son of Emmy Rouillard in the face while the couple was arguing on March 15, 2015. Red Shirt pleaded guilty to felony child abuse and neglect.

Rouillard has been indicted on the same charge and remains in custody. U.S. District Judge Jeffrey Viken said Rouillard used her child "as a human shield."

The Rapid City Journal reports that the boy died three weeks later. Authorities who said they found evidence of broken bones have charged his father, James Shangreaux, with child abuse and murder. He also remains in custody.​

http://www.kdlt.com/news/local-news/Pine-Ridge-Woman-Sentenced-To-Prison-For-Child-Abuse/40044908

A Pine Ridge woman has been sentenced to two and a half years in federal prison for involving her toddler son in a drunken fight with her boyfriend.​

Tk0lbeS.jpg
axU7M6U.jpg

1yo James. I wasn't able to find any pics of 2yo Kylen, just this obit.

A woman from South Dakota’s Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is accused of killing her 2-year-old son, a boy whose father is awaiting trial in last year’s death of the child’s half brother.

The son of Katrina Shangreaux, 28, had bruises, bite marks and other injuries, and investigators believe a potty-training issue triggered the killing on July 28....

The boy was in his mother’s custody and living at his grandmother’s home in Porcupine. The grandmother “reported to agents that Katrina was ‘arguing with’ (the boy) regarding a potty-training issue,” Lucas wrote, adding that her statement and the boy’s injuries “are strong indicators of child physical abuse triggered by potty training.”

Shangreaux, who also goes by Katrina White Whirlwind, is charged with first-degree murder and could face life in prison if convicted....

The boy was the half brother of a 1-year-old who authorities allege was slain in April 2015 by the father of the two boys. James Shangreaux Sr. is accused of abusing the boy, causing head and brain injuries. He’s scheduled for a federal trial in January in Rapid City on murder and child abuse counts to which he has pleaded not guilty. He also could face life in prison if convicted.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Daneta Wollmann granted Shangreaux a 12-hour furlough on Aug. 3 so he could attend the funeral of the son he had with Katrina Shangreaux, court documents show.

The mother of the other boy, Emmy Rouillard, pleaded guilty in federal court to felony child abuse or neglect and was sentenced in June to 2½ years in prison. Her boyfriend, Robert Red Shirt, also pleaded guilty to the charge and was sentenced to four years in prison. Authorities say the two injured the boy during a fight in which Rouillard had used the child as a “human shield,” about three weeks before his death.
http://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...hose-half-brother-killed-also-slain/88444228/

Hospital staff said the toddler appeared to have suffered from a skull fracture and possible abdominal injuries, according to an FBI report filed in cou

The boy had “multiple bruises on his body, some appeared older and some new. He also had multiple bite marks on his body and what appeared to be marks from a belt,” it said. The boy's scrotum was torn and there was hair wrapped around his genitals, the documents state.
http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/lo...cle_481a3b0e-e0a2-56df-a4eb-060723fb8a8d.html

Her/His FB:
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006907125995
Apparently yes Bitch, You Are Self Made.

Sorry you got dealt a shitty hand, Kylen Tyrone.

Sorry @araisner, I had been trying to post while the site was down.

What a cluster fuck of a story, huh? Both kids. All the bio parents and even a dick of the month abused and killed both those sweet babies. :mad:

Only solace for me is federal offense!
[doublepost=1470797845,1470796660][/doublepost]Oh. And WTF?!?!

Hair wrapped around his sliced scrotum?!?!
What does this even mean? Obviously it's her hair, I guess? What part of potty training involves this method.

Either way. Kudos to her mom for being honest about what she heard and saw happen with her daughter and grandson.

No problem, @Forensicwx :) And I'm guessing the hair thing was her attempt to keep him from peeing until she wanted him to? Some kind of torturous training method? Who knows. It's fucked up, regardless.

The hair on his genitals is what has me thrown for a loop. How vile do you have to be to do such a thing? Why did she have custody of this child after being found complicit in the murder of her other child? Talk about disposable young.

Of course I'm just guessing but it may have been her way of trying to make the torn scrotum lok like an accident. I remember hearing about hair getting wrapped around baby toes and cutting the circulation off when my kids were babies. I checked my newborns toes everyday, on little fat baby toes it's really hard to see and I had hair halfway to my butt at the time so it was pretty long.

She could have just been torturing him too.

What a fucking shit show this is. Two dead babies, and four adults who made their lives hell.

A 28-year-old Pine Ridge woman faces life in prison if convicted of charges she badly abused and killed her toddler son in late July.

At the time of his death, the 2-year-old child had bruises and bite marks on his body and a torn scrotum, according to court documents.

Hospital staff said the toddler appeared to have suffered from a skull fracture and possible abdominal injuries, according to an FBI report filed in court.

The child was under the care of Shangreaux, who also goes by the name Katrina White Whirlwhild, when he died, the documents state.

Investigators believe a potty-training issue triggered the physical abuse, because of the boy’s scrotum injury, according to the FBI report. The boy’s maternal grandmother also told agents Shangreaux and the boy had been “arguing” about potty training.

“Abuse of children (of the victim’s) age is often triggered by potty-training issues and unreasonable expectations by the care provider regarding the child's abilities in this regard,” the report said.

The boy's father, James Shangreaux Sr. was granted permission to leave the Pennington County Jail to attend the funeral.

Shangreaux Sr. is accused of murder and child abuse in the death of his 1-year-old son in April 2015. A jury trial has been set for next January.

That child's mother, Emmy Rouillard, and her boyfriend, Robert Red Shirt, were convicted earlier this year of felony child abuse and neglect for an incident involving the boy. Rouillard was given a 2.5-year prison sentence and Red Shirt received a 4-year term for injuring the child during a drunken fight in March of 2015, three weeks before his death.​

http://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...abusing-pine-ridge-toddler-who-died/81634740/

RAPID CITY — A Pine Ridge man has been sentenced to four years in prison for injuring a toddler while fighting with his girlfriend.

Authorities allege that 28-year-old Robert Red Shirt kicked the 20-month-old son of Emmy Rouillard in the face while the couple was arguing on March 15, 2015. Red Shirt pleaded guilty to felony child abuse and neglect.

Rouillard has been indicted on the same charge and remains in custody. U.S. District Judge Jeffrey Viken said Rouillard used her child "as a human shield."

The Rapid City Journal reports that the boy died three weeks later. Authorities who said they found evidence of broken bones have charged his father, James Shangreaux, with child abuse and murder. He also remains in custody.​

http://www.kdlt.com/news/local-news/Pine-Ridge-Woman-Sentenced-To-Prison-For-Child-Abuse/40044908

A Pine Ridge woman has been sentenced to two and a half years in federal prison for involving her toddler son in a drunken fight with her boyfriend.​

Tk0lbeS.jpg
axU7M6U.jpg

1yo James. I wasn't able to find any pics of 2yo Kylen, just this obit.

Here's the heart breaking video of Kylen being handed over to his disgusting mother. He was happy and safe

The video isn't showing up for me, unfortunately. Fortunately?

edit: Nevermind, found it on the Kylen page. Oh, boy. There goes my heart.

https://m.facebook.com/JusticeforKylen/

baby boys justice page....heart wrenching video of him going back to the murderous bitch 3 weeks before his death, after having been apparently raised by an Aunt.

also lots of pics of him, my gods he was an angel!
Alright moms. Question.

From the older pics to the video just uploaded to this FB an hour ago. He used to have two front teeth. It isn't normal for them to have disappeared or fallen out at his tiny little age, correct? Baby teeth don't start falling out at that age.

She says "are you happy to be home?" And he says "I lub you momma!"

Ugh. He's so full of life. So playful. So cute. Despite what he had been through. So resilient. Nice job, judge.

:(

Alright moms. Question.

From the older pics to the video just uploaded to this FB an hour ago. He used to have two front teeth. It isn't normal for them to have disappeared or fallen out at his tiny little age, correct? Baby teeth don't start falling out at that age.

:(
No. No they don't
:bigtears::(

Welcome to South Dakota, home of the proud and noble Lakota-Sioux people. In case anyone didn't know or overlooked it, Pine Ridge is an impoverished, disgusting, desolate, sad indian res(aren't they all). Very key aspect of this story.

Truly sickening how far that culture has sunk, especially when you read of their truly impressive and inspiring history. Fucking trash.

This story may seem shocking cuz 2 kids were killed and 4 different parental figures are responsible, but it really isn't news, sadly. Abuse is par for the course on the reservation and even among native peoples outside it.

Of course I'm just guessing but it may have been her way of trying to make the torn scrotum lok like an accident. I remember hearing about hair getting wrapped around baby toes and cutting the circulation off when my kids were babies. I checked my newborns toes everyday, on little fat baby toes it's really hard to see and I had hair halfway to my butt at the time so it was pretty long.

She could have just been torturing him too.
I didn't realize that this was a phenomenon that other moms even knew about! It happened to my oldest 16 yrs ago, she screamed for an hour before I found the cause- a hair strangling her tiny pinkie toe! It was the end of footy pajamas in my house!

And even so many years later I still feel anxious just remembering my child in pain- yet this gaggle of fucktards didnt even pause between the beating death of one baby to the beating death of the next- no remorse should get no mercy!:bigtears:

I was looking around to see if this one had any updates and I stumbled across some interesting, albeit weird, stuff.

The aunt who was caring for this baby was his dad's sister. The dad being accused of murdering his other son last year. I was reading the facebook page for Kylen (admin'd by the aunt) and she posted a news link that said Katrina waited 4 hours before calling for help and the house had been cleaned and all dirty clothing possibly thrown away in the mean time.

Some people who are friends with Katrina commented that given those facts, she was posting on facebook right after beating her son to death. She was apparently excited to be seeing her husband (father/accused murderer). The sister/aunt asked people not to smack talk her brother, that things are different from what media is reporting.

Then another person (friend or family member?) drops some info about his case. Apparently during the fight between first dead baby's mom and DotM when he kicked the baby it left the baby with a bloody nose and swollen head. They then handed baby over to dad. Three weeks later dad was being charged with abuse and murder, but they have never said he did anything to the child. The aunt confirms it and also adds in that Katrina was present when he died and that the family was aware she didn't like her stepchildren.

I set out to see if I could find out more on dad. I found a ton of media reports that covered the fight between DotM and mom and frankly I'm not sure if dad did kill him. When they checked the baby after the fight he had skull and rib fractures along with a brain bleed, bloody nose, swollen head and abrasions on his head, but the doctors said they couldn't confirm if the DotM had caused them. If you read what happened to that poor baby I'm honestly surprised that's all that was found.

It's these injuries that are leading the dad to be charged with his murder and child abuse. Dad could be totally innocent, at least in the death of his son. Either way, this story is one tangled ball of WTF.

Article about Kylen:
According to the indictment, a doctor pronounced the little boy dead at 8:30 a.m on July 28, but said he may have been dead for four hours.

At five a.m that same morning, a neighbor in Porcupine told authorities he'd heard yelling.
The suspect's mother told investigators the fight was about potty training.

When an investigator went to the home following the child's death, it had just been cleaned - there were no dirty clothes and he believed evidence may have been thrown in the trash.

The child had numerous injuries including a brain bleed.
http://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...hose-half-brother-killed-also-slain/88444228/
Article about the first baby J.S:
Red Shirt, a member of the Oglala Sioux Tribe, and Rouillard were drinking with other people at home the morning of the incident, according to a court record. Rouillard left the home, in Pine Ridge's East Ridge Housing, to get her son, identified in court papers as "J.S."

When Rouillard returned, while carrying the child, she tried to awaken Red Shirt. "Red Shirt was upset about being awoken and pushed Rouillard away. Rouillard slapped Red Shirt," the document says.

A relative of Red Shirt's tried to take J.S. away, but Rouillard refused to give up the toddler.

The argument escalated and became more physical. At one point Rouillard slapped Red Shirt again, and he picked up a lamp and struck her twice in the head with it. Rouillard dropped to her knees, and J.S. either fell to the ground or dropped to the ground with his mother.

Then Red Shirt lifted his leg in a way that a witness could tell he intended to kick Rouillard. "At the last second, Rouillard pulled J.S. in front of her and Red Shirt kicked J.S." The child immediately started crying, and blood was coming out of his nose.

Red Shirt left the home, and Rouillard ran after him, still holding the toddler. "Rouillard was dragging J.S. by the arm," the document said. "J.S. did not have any clothes on, other than a diaper."

Neighbors called 911, and police arrested Rouillard and Red Shirt.

The child was taken to two hospitals. Doctors found bruises on his face, swelling of his head and abrasions. Medical experts also found skull and rib fractures, but couldn't be certain those were caused by Red Shirt.
http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/lo...cle_8f4e5bc0-e328-53ca-8521-40ed49b1b666.html

You know, we never really talk about what's going on in the Native American community. Some people refuse to see how the issues in the black community can be a result of external factors. But, man, the utter decay in the Native American community is proof of the deterioration caused by the marginalization of a people.

The Native American community has the highest crime rates, poverty rates, substance abuse rates, are most likely to be killed by police... We stole their resources, decimated their population, and sold them the "reservation" idea like we were doing them some favor, when in reality, it was an excuse to leave them to struggle under the noble banner of "autonomy".

And they have been slowly eating themselves from within ever since.

Really, we can see varying levels of this same mechanism among all marginalized peoples. They overemphasize the concept of pride because they're not really given the fair chance to assimilate, and it causes them to resist assistance, deepening the issue, creating a destructive cycle. I mean, let's talk about the South (East) for a second. The rest of the country rejected their way of living, and rather than making a concerted social effort to fold the South back into the Union, people were just kind of like, "Fuck you guys for trying to leave, we don't care if you suffer." To this day, the stereotype is that they are a less educated, less advanced region, and it's become a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy. The "Undying Will of the South" causes Southern governors to resist vital federal funds out of principle, and education, economic opportunity, access to healthcare, etc., all continue to decline in the region.

It's obviously complicated, but boiled down to its core, the success of a people depends on how they are valued and included by the majority. The majority under-values and excludes the South a little bit. Blacks, a little bit more. Native Americans, a whole lot.

You know, we never really talk about what's going on in the Native American community. Some people refuse to see how the issues in the black community can be a result of external factors. But, man, the utter decay in the Native American community is proof of the deterioration caused by the marginalization of a people.

The Native American community has the highest crime rates, poverty rates, substance abuse rates, are most likely to be killed by police... We stole their resources, decimated their population, and sold them the "reservation" idea like we were doing them some favor, when in reality, it was an excuse to leave them to struggle under the noble banner of "autonomy".

And they have been slowly eating themselves from within ever since.

Really, we can see varying levels of this same mechanism among all marginalized peoples. They overemphasize the concept of pride because they're not really given the fair chance to assimilate, and it causes them to resist assistance, deepening the issue, creating a destructive cycle. I mean, let's talk about the South (East) for a second. The rest of the country rejected their way of living, and rather than making a concerted social effort to fold the South back into the Union, people were just kind of like, "Fuck you guys for trying to leave, we don't care if you suffer." To this day, the stereotype is that they are a less educated, less advanced region, and it's become a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy. The "Undying Will of the South" causes Southern governors to resist vital federal funds out of principle, and education, economic opportunity, access to healthcare, etc., all continue to decline in the region.

It's obviously complicated, but boiled down to its core, the success of a people depends on how they are valued and included by the majority. The majority under-values and excludes the South a little bit. Blacks, a little bit more. Native Americans, a whole lot.

I'm too tired to go into a deep debate, but having lived within the Native American culture I can say you are both right and wrong. Yes they are beat down and treated horribly. No excuses there. But at the same time some of the stuff going on falls on no one but those individuals and the system that's enabling them.

The place I'm from seems like a small town but it's actually a group of things. There's 2 small municipalities, 3 unincorporated towns and 4 reserves that all function as one community. All in all about 5,000 people, majority is Native. Two of my children are 1/2 native. The oldest just turned 18 this summer and is off to college in Sept to specialize in social work dealing with native children. She wants to give back and help break the cycle of what's happening.

You can blame the white man for oppression and other things but you can't blame him for how people currently treat their children.

Drinking and drugs are a huge problem in these communities. Then you need to take into account that most have tribal law and don't need to deal with regular cops or regular laws. There would be people commit crimes off reserve that would go visit a cousin or other relative on reserve because the police (even RCMP which have provincial authority) can't step foot on without being invited. If a child is abused, then it goes to tribal authorities, not cps.

It's very common for parents to be drunk all the time or drugged out. To spend every penny they have on their addictions and not on clothing and feeding their children. Domestic abuse is through the roof. Children are frequently mistreated. Those children grow up and starting the cycle again..at surprisingly young ages. Most Natives never graduate high school and a good chunk have children by 16-17. If they work it's at menial jobs which they can't seem to hold for long because of the addictions and drama. Native youth suicide rates are higher than any other group of people.

It's a vicious cycle. Smart people realize that for the cycle to break, one needs to change your own behavior and attitude. Be accountable for yourself. If you want to have a good life. Keep going to school. Stop partying. Get a good job and move or stay and give back. Plenty do it. We had an Olympian come from this very same town. After winning gold she came back and gave "reach for the stars" type speeches at all the schools to tell kids that you can do something with your life. The problem is, change is hard and it's much easier to leech the system and go on being a druggy/drunk blaming everyone but yourself. No one can help an addict if they don't want to help themselves.

As for culture, long ago we tried our best to make them conform but they didn't. They went on practicing their beliefs and customs, passing them down to future generations. You don't see that anymore. A good chunk of 30-40 year old natives can't even speak their own tongue and know very little about their culture from times long gone.

My ex's parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles can all speak their languages, yet none of my ex's generation could. All that can took classes in school. The schools have now recognized that children weren't being passed these values and decided to step up and make it an optional program. It's a reason you see a bit of a boom in native pride. Young people fighting back to regain what was almost lost. My daughter knows and practices more of her heritage than her dad.

Kylen's grandma is a federally registered child abuser. The family is known for meth. The OTC judge who said Kylen had to go back to his mom refused to hear any testimony from his aunt because she considered it hearsay. After Kylen's death the same Judge tried to give grandma visitation with who I assume is Katrina's other child.

This situation wasn't born from being down trodden. This is a systematic fail. One that acknowledged Kylen was in trouble and gave custody to an aunt, then revoked it and sent him back to die shortly after.

I watched the video of that precious baby being given back to his
(Mother, and i use that tem loosely). I wish i hadnt. I cried and could only imagine how very badly this baby felt. There are no words. For the first time ever, i will be writing a letter to that fucking judge who ordered him to be returned to her. I already have the address, and i have no reason to not be very frank with that fucking judge about how i feel about her.
This was almost the first thread i read after i woke up and now im very pissed, and have shit to do and now this will be on my mind all day. This baby boy has become very special to me, and has reminded me of so many others gone before him. And i feel the need to do something positive like letter writing. Its the only thing i can think of anyway.
Fly with the angels little baby boy. You will never be forgotten.

I'm too tired to go into a deep debate, but having lived within the Native American culture I can say you are both right and wrong. Yes they are beat down and treated horribly. No excuses there. But at the same time some of the stuff going on falls on no one but those individuals and the system that's enabling them.

I think I've been giving people the impression lately that I don't believe in personal responsibility, which couldn't be farther from the truth. Individual responsibility is the default. We are responsible for how we play the cards handed to us, and everyone involved in these kids' lives failed HARD. My focus on external factors lately, however, is in response to the fact that the prevailing American belief is that we are exclusive masters of our own fate, which neglects the fact that we are all handed cards, and those cards do, in fact, limit or extend our individual ability.

It's the reason why America doesn't have the same basic social benefits every other first world nation features. It's the reason wealth inequality is now historically high in this country. And it's the reason millennials, despite being the most successful generation in modern history in regard to "individual responsibility" metrics (education, drug use, teen pregnancy, etc.), will be the first since the Great Depression to enjoy a worse quality of life than the previous generation. It's a mindset that needs to change. If we want to improve an individual's ability to create their own success, we need to work on improving the cards American society (government AND culture) is responsible for handing out.

The individuals involved in this story are absolutely responsible for their terribly depraved actions. But, reading about it, and just how widespread the corruption was within this and other families associated with this boy's life, I came to think about the Native American community in general. And, I believe the degree to which a people are marginalized is roughly proportionate to their overall dysfunction.

I live in a region with a substantial Native population, myself. My best friend is married to a man whose grandmother is 100% Native, and speaks the language she was raised with better than English. My general practitioner is a Native doctor in a tribal office. My status is officially listed as a "non-tribal, voluntary patient" on forms, and I have to jump through a ton more substance abuse inquiry hoops than I've ever had to before.

Tribal structure and interactions with local government vary from state to state, country to country, tribe to tribe, as I know you know. But, in Washington state, the tribes own the gambling industry. Internet gambling is still illegal in Washington, and non-tribal casinos are harshly limited (Seattle is very progressive, but the rest of the state is very red, and they just assume leave the immorality to the savages, you know?). Casino families around here are a million miles more functional than non-tribal families. And the casinos are closely held at the familial level.

I digress, but my point is, what kind of family was the Olympian from? Because, while the depravity involved in this case is absolutely inexcusable, it is fundamentally untrue to insinuate that anyone can make it just as far as anyone else if they only tried. We'd be a much more equitable society if that were the case.

As for culture, long ago we tried our best to make them conform but they didn't.

You're Canadian, right? I can't really speak to how attempts at assimilation went up there, although I can't imagine it went all that differently. Down here, this statement is false. We gave them almost no chance to assimilate, as is evidenced by the concentration of Native Americans in America (we either killed them off or forced them west from the east coast) and their legal relationship with the federal government. I've mentioned that I'm moving to Georgia soon. And it will be weird, because I'm coming from a place where my city is named after a Chief, and my football team proudly utilizes Native art, and I go to the rez for fireworks every year... and moving to a place with no meaningful Native presence. Surely we're all familiar with the Trail of Tears, the genocidal march of Native populations in Southern areas eyed by whites to Oklahoma.

So, yeah. We agree that external factors do not make you wrap hair around your child's scrotum, and I'm not trying to take that from her. But the vast scope of dysfunction in this story is made possible by marginalization.

I watched the video of that precious baby being given back to his
(Mother, and i use that tem loosely). I wish i hadnt. I cried and could only imagine how very badly this baby felt. There are no words. For the first time ever, i will be writing a letter to that fucking judge who ordered him to be returned to her. I already have the address, and i have no reason to not be very frank with that fucking judge about how i feel about her.
This was almost the first thread i read after i woke up and now im very pissed, and have shit to do and now this will be on my mind all day. This baby boy has become very special to me, and has reminded me of so many others gone before him. And i feel the need to do something positive like letter writing. Its the only thing i can think of anyway.
Fly with the angels little baby boy. You will never be forgotten.
Reading this comment refocused this site for me. The whole reason we(I) am/are here, shouldn't be just to make comments on these terrible situations and to have our tummies in a knot after we read articles like this...To cry and be pissed off at the injustice. Actually doing something to show you care and to try and make a difference, that is honourable. I know a lot of you have probably done this very thing <3
I applaud you and this is what I should be doing, especially for the ones that can't speak, acting as voice for justice and the victim. I can talk all day about what a inexcusable crime and how many people failed these babies/children/victims. At the end of the day, being a voice and advocate for the ones that can't .... That is what shows you care.

You're Awesome :hug:
[doublepost=1471831004,1471829399][/doublepost]
Here's the heart breaking video of Kylen being handed over to his disgusting mother. He was happy and safe

Omg... Nothing on here has actually made me cry before... This did. Holy shit that was hard to watch.
He knew, he knew his own mom was evil and was tying to tell them! Now he's gone... in one of the most painful and heinous ways. Jesus...
I need a fucking drink now.

Last edited:
Francyne, thank you for understanding what im trying to do. I dont know exactly why this hit so very hard. The video... Dear jesus, by the end, i realized that was likely the last time dad and baby even touched before death took him. As a mom, i couldnt help putting myself in his place. I cant go thinking about whatever else dad fucked up. Right now my main concern is remembering this boys face when he realized he was going to mom. And remembering dads breakdown as he told his son he loved him- crying. And finding the right words to tell this judge how i feel. I know she doesnt care about my opinion or the fact that the worst mistake she ever made was giving him back to his mother. Sure shes made other mistakes and affected peoples lives in many negative ways while doing her duty. Right now, all i care about is THIS mistake. My aim is to use the words that describe, utterly, how this son and father felt emotionally. Because i think shes forgotten how to feel any empathy. Maybe she never will feel it again. Nothing i can do about that. Ill tell her anyway.
I had an experience yesterday that changed me in an unexpected way, and that affected me very strongly when i read this thread today. I made a decision yesterday to do something, and nothing will make me veer away from what i intend to do about this situation either. Im not the same person i was before. I will be a much better person now. I guess you have to go through a lot of pain sometimes in this life if you truly want to be the best you can. Ive learned SO much from the members here. So many truly good people. Thank you.

Dear God, that video. I heard him say "No boo boo" or something...he definitely said "boo boo" twice while crying. Did you HEAR the way Katrina said, "Look what mommy brought you." So monotone & unenthusiastic - like, you could hear the irritation in her voice, even THEN.

& HE KNEW, TOO. He KNEW what he was going back to. :arghh: Horrible beyond words.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/feds-grandmother-covered-up-tots-killing-over-potty-training/
BISMARCK, N.D. -- Federal authorities have arrested and charged the grandmother of a 2-year-old boy who was allegedly killed by his mother due to potty-training issues on South Dakota’s Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.

Sonya Dubray, 47, is accused of hindering the investigation by altering or destroying evidence and giving false and misleading information to investigators, court documents show. She allegedly laundered the dead boy’s clothes, cleaned the crime scene, misled investigators about alleged abuse against the boy and falsely told a Bureau of Indian Affairs special agent that the child was potty-trained.

“Potty training was the catalyst for the child abuse and (Dubray) knew the statement and representation was false,” prosecutors said in court documents.

Dubray faces charges, including accessory to murder and tampering with evidence, and could face up to 43 years in prison if convicted. She was arrested Monday and is due to make her initial appearance Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Rapid City.
[....]
Dubray’s daughter is Katrina Shangreaux, 28, who has pleaded not guilty to murder and child abuse in the death of her son Kylen on July 28.

The boy was in his mother’s custody and living at his grandmother’s home in Porcupine when he died. He had bruises, bite marks and other injuries, and evidence suggests a potty-training issue triggered the killing, FBI Special Agent Mark Lucas said in an affidavit.

Shangreaux’s trial was recently delayed from early October to early December to give her defense more time to prepare. She faces life in prison if convicted.

The boy was the half-brother of a 1-year-old boy who authorities say was slain in April 2015 by the father of the two boys. James Shangreaux Sr. has pleaded not guilty to murder and child abuse and faces a mid-January trial. He also could face life in prison if convicted.

Back