• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Unamused Cat

Veteran Member
katierobertson.jpg

A baby delivered prematurely by a woman accused of killing her stepdaughter has died after the woman tried to commit suicide on Wednesday. Family members say Katie Robertson was scheduled for a bond hearing in Wichita on Wednesday, but she tried to kill herself before the hearing.

Robertson was charged with killing her 2-year-old stepdaughter, Daytona Robertson, in February. Robertson was pregnant when she tried to commit suicide.

Doctors at a Wichita hospital were forced to deliver Katie Robertson's unborn son on Wednesday, but Tommy Robertson says the boy died Thursday morning. Tommy Robertson is Daytona and the boy's father. He says Katie Robertson was only 24 weeks along in her pregnancy.

http://www.kansascw.com/Global/story.asp?S=8217820

http://www.kansas.com/213/story/378467.html

Wesley Medical Center's spokesperson said Wednesday afternoon that Katie Robertson was being treated at the hospital's intensive care unit.

What's the point? Let this selfish piece of shit die.

Wesley Medical Center's spokesperson said Wednesday afternoon that Katie Robertson was being treated at the hospital's intensive care unit.

What's the point? Let this selfish piece of shit die.

*nod nod* I'm telling you, an island... where we can bomb the growing community of abusers and child murderers... Especially for a woman like this who is a two time offender.

I am 23 weeks pregnant right now. As I sit here on this website this baby is kicking the crud out of me! How could any woman, I won't say mother, feel that and then take such a selfish step? Unfuckingbelievable.

While not terribly common, let's remember that abortion is legal up to this point in the pregnancy, although rare. Would you gals care to reduce the time limitation for abortion, by chance? ;)

That being said, while it is tragic that it cost the life of her unborn child, they really should have let the bitch die.

I will answer. Nope, I would not lower the abortion time limits or the right to abortion itself. While I would probably never have one myself I would never force my choices on any one else. And I say probably because I do not know what horrible choices the future might bring. I just really hated this story cause I am extremely biased at this point in time. :)

While not terribly common, let's remember that abortion is legal up to this point in the pregnancy, although rare. Would you gals care to reduce the time limitation for abortion, by chance? ;)

That being said, while it is tragic that it cost the life of her unborn child, they really should have let the bitch die.

Abortion and I disagree, unless it's post abortions on child abusing and murdering bastards.

I will answer. Nope, I would not lower the abortion time limits or the right to abortion itself. While I would probably never have one myself I would never force my choices on any one else. And I say probably because I do not know what horrible choices the future might bring. I just really hated this story cause I am extremely biased at this point in time. :)
So you agree that the fetus inside you is still a choice? So is it really moving and alive?

I am just asking, I am not against abortion, I can't really be for the late term abortions unless a case of danger to mother, or the baby is not viable.
I always said that if I had a ultrasound and it said my child would have a heart defect I would abort it, because of my sister dying from truncus and that whole terrible situation. I had every test known to man and in the end my son had a heart defect, as I write this know I am crying thinking about what I might have chosen had they known before his birth. He is Ok now, BTW. He did have open heart surgery though. I think of the saying "nothing worth anything ever came easy". Would I have taken that easy way out?

Last edited:
I am 23 weeks pregnant right now. As I sit here on this website this baby is kicking the crud out of me! How could any woman, I won't say mother, feel that and then take such a selfish step? Unfuckingbelievable.

I'm with you. I'm 20 weeks pregnant, too. I will never understand what's going on in her mind.

So you agree that the fetus inside you is still a choice? So is it really moving and alive?

I am just asking, I am not against abortion, I can't really before the late term abortions unless a case of danger to mother, or the baby is not viable.
I always said that if I had a ultrasound and it said my child would have a heart defect I would abort it, because of my sister dying from truncus and that whole terrible situation. I had every test known to man and in the end my son had a heart defect, as I write this know I am crying thinking about what I might have chosen had they known before his birth. He is Ok now, BTW. He did have open heart surgery though. I think of the saying "nothing worth anything ever came easy". Would I have taken that easy way out?

I understand. But I still think the fetus inside of me, is a choice. It is moving and alive. It is an innocent, living thing inside the womb. JMO.

I am not going to debate abortion other than to remind you I said probably. I have 4 children already so if my life was in danger, then yes, I would get an abortion. I owe it to the children I already have on this earth to be there for them as long as I can. Other reasons, no. I do not even get testing done during pregnancy for down syndrome because I would not care. I would carry to term. This is what I meant by horrible choices in the future. Until you are staring down a certain situation in REAL life you cannott say for certain what you would do.

I am not going to debate abortion other than to remind you I said probably. I have 4 children already so if my life was in danger, then yes, I would get an abortion. I owe it to the children I already have on this earth to be there for them as long as I can. Other reasons, no. I do not even get testing done during pregnancy for down syndrome because I would not care. I would carry to term. This is what I meant by horrible choices in the future. Until you are staring down a certain situation in REAL life you cannott say for certain what you would do.

I am not trying to debate either, if you recall I said I am not against abortion, and not against it for when the woman's life is in danger.
I was just curious about how you felt. I over analyze like everything so much so that I do not know what I believe half the time. Please don't think I was trying to argue with you. As a whole I am not sure how I feel about abortion, but I do not want it taken away as an option. It is a weird place to be, having total disgust for something but wanting to keep it around.

Celtic Friend no offense taken. I was addressing my comments more to the people such as above that are going to try to start an abortion debate. You are right, it is a very weird situation to be in, which is why I don't debate it. Athena asked me a question and I answered the only way I know how, honestly. If it doesn't make sense or feel right to other women, great, more power to you. I do not debate abortion at all. It is too touchy of a subject, and one that will never be fully resolved.

Besides, I do not care that much for confrontation.

A Wichita woman was sentenced to nearly six years in prison — the maximum allowed by law — for the death of her 2 1/2-year-old stepdaughter.

In imposing the sentence on Katie Cornejo, District Judge Clark Owens overruled a defense motion to grant Cornejo probation or to depart from state sentencing guidelines.

The guidelines called for a sentence of 61 to 71 months on the voluntary manslaughter conviction.

During the hourlong sentencing hearing, several of Daytona Robertson's relatives offered tearful memories of the girl who was named after the famed NASCAR race.

Cornejo's mother and brother spoke on her behalf, and continued to profess her innocence.

Before imposing the sentence, Owens warned the relatives, "There's probably not going to be anyone in this courtroom that's happy with the result."

Daytona was hospitalized on Feb. 22, 2008, with a severe head injury, and died several days later. Cornejo was caring for Daytona before she was hospitalized.

In their plea agreement with defense lawyers, prosecutors agreed to recommend that Cornejo serve the minimum of 61 months in prison. Defense lawyer Alice Osburn asked Owens to depart from sentencing guidelines and grant her client probation or impose a shorter sentence.

Owens said he did not have a "substantial and compelling" reason to depart from sentencing laws. When considering all the facts in the case, he said, the state's recommendation seemed too low.

"There's one thing everybody in this courtroom can agree on, and that's that the death of a child is a tragedy to everybody."

A physician testifying for the state said Daytona's injury was caused by a force comparable to a fall from a second- or third-floor window onto concrete. He said symptoms of the injuries would have shown up on the day they were inflicted.

A defense expert, however, told the jury that Daytona's injuries would have shown up over time and didn't necessarily occur on the day she was hospitalized.

The jury did not hear evidence about how Cornejo's biological daughter, 13-month-old Kailee Hundley, died March 25, 2008, after being partly strapped into a car seat and left unattended for more than two hours in a laundry room at her day care.

In asking for probation, Cornejo's lawyer, Osburn, said her client has had to deal with the loss of Kailee and the loss of a son who died hours after being born prematurely.

"Katie has dealt with this in jail," Osburn said. "She has not healed."

Cornejo's mother, Rhonda Cornejo, told Owens she's convinced her daughter is innocent.

"I cannot grasp that my daughter would ever hurt anyone," she said. "She loved her children.

"I don't know who did this to Daytona, (but) she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I just ask you to give her the benefit of the doubt."

Here is the DD item about Kailee's death

Last edited:
"Cornejo...has had to deal with the loss of Kailee and the loss of a son who died hours after being born prematurely."

The reason her son died was because she tried to commit suicide while pregnant with him. Don't give me her fucking sob story bullshit about her son. Her daughter, Kailee, is a different story. However, she still managed to murder her step-daughter Daytona. So she's still two for three here.

Back