• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

A suburban Kansas City man who is charged with first-degree murder told investigators that he didn't seek medical care for his ailing mother before she died weighing just 58 pounds (26 kilograms) and suffering from open bed sores, according to court records.

Raymond McManness, 51, of Olathe, Kansas, also faced a charge of mistreatment of a dependent adult in the death of 75-year-old Sharon McManness, The Kansas City Star reports . He was jailed on $1 million bond. His attorney didn't immediately return phone or email messages from The Associated Press.

His mother, who had dementia, was pronounced dead...

I fucking hate people!!! When my dad was lying on his death bed all I could do was try and make him comfortable, and just talk to him n stare at him, rubbing his arm, hand, head while my heart was breaking?? How could you watch your parent suffering like that and do nothing!

Poor thing belonged in a nursing home. He obviously didn't give a shit about her and was hoping the Dept. of Aging would take care of things since he was "busy during the holiday season". What a piece of shit. Hope he finds himself old and decrepit sitting in the corner with his adult diapers full and drool pouring out of his mouth while he has visions of his poor mother's bed sores.

I am never getting old. Fuck that ... Yoga and going outside everyday until the last one.

I'm going to live until 93, I'm going to have a way smaller dog ... I already know, I already decided,

like four years ago.
Post automatically merged:

I wouldn't fight with my mom if she refused to go to the doctors.
I'd call her doctor and tell them that too ! Sorry ... she is belligerent and rude and adamant that she isn't coming. If you don't hear from her at all, and if you have concerns, please send the police
around. I'm out, thanks for the support. Good bye! Because a fast conversation like that will have your doctor making a call or otherwise, just like that they write reports! And the other agencies step in.

Last edited:
In his defense, it really wouldnt be that hard to kill an adult who was that tiny and frail, i mean a simple accident, even a strong wind would do it

A 54-year-old Olathe man has been sentenced to more than 31 years in prison for the death of his mother whose emaciated body was discovered by authorities in her home in 2019.

Raymond T. McManness was handed a 374-month sentence in Johnson County District Court on Wednesday. He pleaded no contest, resulting in a guilty finding, in July on charges of second-degree murder and physical mistreatment or his mother, Sharon McManness.

In January 2019, Raymond McManness called police to the 300 block of South Cardinal Drive when he found his mother not breathing in her bed. Her primary caregiver, Raymond McManness, was criminally charged shortly after police found his mother severely malnourished and her home in major disarray.

The medical examiner’s office found she had died from an infection due to open bed sores. She was malnourished and dehydrated, and weighed only 58 pounds at the time of her death, court records say.

Police noted at the time that Sharon McManness was “very emaciated and had large open bedsores,” according to court records. One bed sore was “open to the bone,” and the mattress was dirty.

Police found no medications, no clean clothing, no working telephones and minimal food when they searched the home. Dog feces and urine was found throughout the house. And soiled clothes, that appeared to be cut off the victim, were found in a trash can in the driveway, court records said.

Raymond McManness told police at the time that he checked on his mother twice a day. He said he had moved out six months earlier because his mother kept him awake at night, court records said. Sharon McManness had dementia.

According to court records, Raymond McManness admitted that he stopped taking his mother to the doctor when her physical and mental health declined.
1631244508854.png

Back