• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
"KIMA is looking deeper into the case of a Yakima mother accused of starving her twins. Police say the twin girls were first taken away from Kai Martinez at birth. She had them when she was 20. The girls are now eight and have been living with their mom only about a year.

"It would appear they were held in the house, so to speak, and not too many people knew that they were there,"....

Family members found the girls malnourished and called police. YPD removed them from the home on North 9th Street a few weeks ago. They were taken to a children's hospital in Seattle.

"It was still very obvious that they were malnourished," Det. Janis said. "They were in a state where you could see their bones through their skin."

Court records say the mother "advised she did not have a 'bond' with the girls and didn't feel a 'connection' with them." Police say Martinez has an older son and an infant as well. Neither showed signs of neglect or abuse.

Martinez is in jail on multiple counts of assault and criminal mistreatment. She has a lengthy criminal history, including drug use, assaulting an officer and possessing a stolen vehicle. All of this happened before the two girls were returned to her in 2013.

http://www.kimatv.com/news/local/Ya...busing-twin-daughters-294128621.html?mobile=y

Apparently a year before these twins were born, she had another child that died.

"The girls weighed 40 pounds each when they were rescued. According to a police affidavit, a doctor said the girls should have weighed twice as much as they did. Police spokesman Mike Bastinelli says they were taken to a Seattle hospital but are now recovering with relatives.

The newspaper says an unspecified number of other children at the mother's home have been taken into protective custody.

According to reports, police said the two girls had been in foster care from birth until December 2013, when the state returned them to their mother.

One of the girl says her mother would try to "drown" her by placing the girl's head beneath a faucet and running water, the affidavit said. Her sister said her mom would place a pillow over her face, the affidavit said.

Both sisters said the saw the other twin abused, the affidavit said.

One girl said her mother hit her in the head with frozen chicken, which left a scar still visible, police said."

http://www.cleveland.com/nation/index.ssf/2015/02/yakima_twin_girls_8_weighing_4.html

Absolutely horrible story, I'm so glad that someone reported the neglect in time to save them. I also bet that a frozen chicken could do some damage. As a young teen I watched my friend's father hit his wife with a frozen Bluefish, and let's just say, it left a mark;)

Last edited:
(.. my quote ability fails me..) The newspaper says an unspecified number of other children at the mother's home have been taken into protective custody.

Apparently a year before these twins were born, she had another child that died (...end quote..)

Like this is a fucking surprise

Court records say the mother "advised she did not have a 'bond' with the girls and didn't feel a 'connection' with them."

Bullshit, you don't have to have a bond with a child to know that they need feeding, she did it cause she could. The end.

I totally agree...despite not having a bond with her girls...she still could and should have fed them. I've fed too many kids to count and people in my life that I don't have emotional bonds with. This blows my mind. These poor girls watching the other kids get fed. Forty pounds on a child is a lot. It breaks my heart. These girls were close to death.

Way to go state on returning the girls to the bitch, wonder how long it'll be before they are back in her non care

So, who thought is was a smart idea to return these 2 little girls to a woman who abuses drugs, is bold enough to become violent with a police officer, and steals cars? And why were there other children still in her care? Like seriously?

"KIMA is looking deeper into the case of a Yakima mother accused of starving her twins. Police say the twin girls were first taken away from Kai Martinez at birth. She had them when she was 20. The girls are now eight and have been living with their mom only about a year.

"It would appear they were held in the house, so to speak, and not too many people knew that they were there,"....

Family members found the girls malnourished and called police. YPD removed them from the home on North 9th Street a few weeks ago. They were taken to a children's hospital in Seattle.

"It was still very obvious that they were malnourished," Det. Janis said. "They were in a state where you could see their bones through their skin."

Court records say the mother "advised she did not have a 'bond' with the girls and didn't feel a 'connection' with them." Police say Martinez has an older son and an infant as well. Neither showed signs of neglect or abuse.

Martinez is in jail on multiple counts of assault and criminal mistreatment. She has a lengthy criminal history, including drug use, assaulting an officer and possessing a stolen vehicle. All of this happened before the two girls were returned to her in 2013.

http://www.kimatv.com/news/local/Ya...busing-twin-daughters-294128621.html?mobile=y

Apparently a year before these twins were born, she had another child that died.

"The girls weighed 40 pounds each when they were rescued. According to a police affidavit, a doctor said the girls should have weighed twice as much as they did. Police spokesman Mike Bastinelli says they were taken to a Seattle hospital but are now recovering with relatives.

The newspaper says an unspecified number of other children at the mother's home have been taken into protective custody.

According to reports, police said the two girls had been in foster care from birth until December 2013, when the state returned them to their mother.

One of the girl says her mother would try to "drown" her by placing the girl's head beneath a faucet and running water, the affidavit said. Her sister said her mom would place a pillow over her face, the affidavit said.

Both sisters said the saw the other twin abused, the affidavit said.

One girl said her mother hit her in the head with frozen chicken, which left a scar still visible, police said."

http://www.cleveland.com/nation/index.ssf/2015/02/yakima_twin_girls_8_weighing_4.html
because the morons in cps always try to turn the children back to the parents even though they are high risk in many cases and it has led to fatalities

One of the girl says her mother would try to "drown" her by placing the girl's head beneath a faucet and running water

That likely won't drown someone. More like the girl was water boarded, which is actually a might fine punishment for a child, or anybody for that matter. Fun to do too. I suggest everybody try doing it to someone else at least once, you feel so powerful. I've done a whole sexual role play CIA interrogation of a terrorist thing in my personal life with it. Quite exciting, especially when the terrorist turns the tables and has the knife to the CIA agents throat, oh man i'm getting kinda tight just thinkin about it.

Anyways, the rest of the shit is def abuse and absolutely horrible. Lock this bitch up forever.

Pretty obvious she offed that other kid too.

because the morons in cps always try to turn the children back to the parents even though they are high risk in many cases and it has led to fatalities
IMO.. CPS steps into lives and destroys lives of families they are DESIGNED to give PLANS OF CARE bullshit.. the ones that NEVER deserve to see their kids EVER again.. well we read about them here every f*cken day!! Good job!!!

IMO.. CPS steps into lives and destroys lives of families they are DESIGNED to give PLANS OF CARE bullshit.. the ones that NEVER deserve to see their kids EVER again.. well we read about them here every f*cken day!! Good job!!!
the system needs a major overhaul and people in the positions with a brain, this crap about too large of caseloads imo is usually crap. I worked in a couple of places where women had lost their kids because of their epic fail lifestyles and hadn't rehabed or changed in many cases [they were in the house I worked inbetween being out or incarcerated] the whole la la consensus was to try and set them up to get their kids back immediately upon getting out of the house which was a recipe for disaster. I bucked everyone on this one kid not getting her severely permanently disabled crack baby back and managed to make a big enough deal to where it didn't happen but yes, I do know of other cases where women have unfairly lost their children.

I can take a road trip to Yakima and break this bitches face no problem. Fucking cunt had no right to those babies after losing them at birth. Trash like this doesn't just change overnight. If you were shitty enough to lose your kids for a legitimate reason then excuse me if I doubt that level of shittiness will ever change.
Why do people like this breed like cockroaches? As if the universe needs more crap heaped upon it.

Maybe this forum is having it's impact upon me in terms of dark humour.

Upon reading the title of this thread, my first reaction was to be amused by the idea of anyone choosing to use a frozen chicken as a weapon, lol.

But more seriously, glad the relatives who spotted the abuse stepped up to the plate in time to save the girls. So often we hear of cases where the relatives seek to protect the abuser instead. Had that occurred here, those two girls would have ended up dead for sure.

And why did the mom even want them back if she cared so little for them? I can only conclude that she hated them enough - for some twisted reasoning of her own - to want them back just so she could be cruel to them.

That the CPS services allowed that to happen is a fucking disgrace, and someone ought to be held to account for the stupid decisions made in this case. FFS, did they not even think to make regular checks?

I don't understand how this even happened. CPS does try reunification, but after some point they try to work towards permanence. I was told that they generally try to give a mother a year to get her children back before they consider termination of parental rights.
I adopted three of my children right around the 1year mark, one child at 3months, and another at 3years.
3 years seemed like FOREVER, I can't imagine how hard it must have been for these girls. They were removed from their mother at birth, spent 7 years in fostercare, dumped back with a mom that they never knew and never bonded with, then spent the last year being tortured by her.

Why were her rights not terminated years ago? Why did she get them back after somebody else raising them from birth for the last 7 years? Why was nobody checking on them? Did they at least have a loving foster family to go back to? Was it the same people who raised them since birth? I just don't understand how this even happened.

33c7vno.jpg

A Yakima woman has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for abusing her 8-year-old twins. The girls were found emaciated when they were rescued from the home.

The Yakima Herald-Republic says 29-year-old Kai Martinez was sentenced Wednesday in Yakima County Superior Court.

Her lawyer had hoped she would spend half that time in a drug treatment program, but the judge sided with prosecutors in giving her 10 years in prison.

Martinez pleaded guilty in April to two counts each of third-degree child assault and first-degree criminal mistreatment. She admitted to withholding food and other basic needs.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...r-starving-twin-girls-304559941.html?mobile=y

That likely won't drown someone. More like the girl was water boarded, which is actually a might fine punishment for a child, or anybody for that matter. Fun to do too. I suggest everybody try doing it to someone else at least once, you feel so powerful. I've done a whole sexual role play CIA interrogation of a terrorist thing in my personal life with it. Quite exciting, especially when the terrorist turns the tables and has the knife to the CIA agents throat, oh man i'm getting kinda tight just thinkin about it.

Anyways, the rest of the shit is def abuse and absolutely horrible. Lock this bitch up forever.

Pretty obvious she offed that other kid too.

You decided to tell us all about you getting a fucking hard on while discussing a child being waterboarded? Fucking gross.

what the fuck? i realize there is a button for that statement, but really, how cruel can you be to starve not one, but two of your own children and then beat one with a food item? what in the hell is wrong with this worthless piece of shit woman? i suppose i just answered my own question. she is just a worthless piece of shit.

Kai Martinez Abused And Starved 8yo Twin Daughters, Weigh Only 40lbs And Beaten With Frozen Chicken
That may be the most tragically ironic title I've ever read. :sorry:
Court records say the mother "advised she did not have a 'bond' with the girls and didn't feel a 'connection' with them."

What utter bullshit reasoning. I don't care if it's a flea ridden cat at my door, I'll feed anything! Why should attachment play a role in easing basic discomfort?! Boy... this piece of work would make a terrible soup kitchen volunteer!

What her statement really boils down to is a big, fat, ugly ego. Why would she take back children she admittedly never felt attachment to other than to serve her ego? Then she dishes out punishment to them because they're not personally validating to her... yup, ego. My personal guess would be that she loathes the baby daddy of these particular girls and abused them as an extension.
She has a lengthy criminal history, including drug use, assaulting an officer and possessing a stolen vehicle. All of this happened before the two girls were returned to her in 2013.

:wait: Surprise. Surprise.

Another brilliant move by CPS. If I didn't know better, I'd say that organization is controlled by evil forces bent on ruining little souls for life. And to think our taxes pay these asshats. :shifty:

@Satanica
Two girls who were nearly starved to death by their mother are now suing the state of Washington and a for-profit substance-abuse treatment provider.

The Yakima Herald-Republic reports that a lawsuit filed Monday in Thurston County Superior Court says the state Department of Children, Youth and Families and Triumph Treatment Services failed to properly supervise Kai Martinez when she was granted custody of her twin daughters.

The suit was filed by the girls' legal guardian and attorneys Bryan G. Smith and Vito de la Cruz.
Martinez was sentenced to 10 years in prison in 2015 for torturing and starving her own twin daughters, who were found huddled in the corner of a dark room, starving and surrounded by their own filth.

An investigation found that Martinez confined the girls to their bedrooms without access to a toilet, reports KIMA-TV News in Yakima.

The lawsuit says they appeared to be in poor health and were very malnourished, emaciated, skeletal, frail and pale. Everything in the room smelled of urine.

The lawsuit says the state failed to check on the children's welfare and treatment facility failed to check on Martinez.

The twin girls were born June 14, 2006, in Yakima and were drug affected because Martinez used tobacco and illegal drugs, such as methamphetamine, during pregnancy.

Their biological father, James Jaime, was in prison for murder when they were born and remains in prison to this day.

The girls were sent to live in a foster home for seven years, and the lawsuit says the girls were well taken care of by their foster parents. The state then sent the girls back to live Martinez even though she didn't want them.

“If the state rips those kids out of the foster home (and) puts the kids back with their parents, it’s the state’s responsibility to make sure that it is a safe choice," Smith said. "We want to reunite families, we want families to be together, but we don’t want to do that at the expense of the health and safety of the child."

“To take these young girls, who were in a safe and loving home, and put them in a home where they were in danger," Smith said. "To close the file and to not follow up, check up on their health and safety and welfare, that is a breach in the standard.”

The girls are now back in foster care though Smith says they will have emotional damage for the rest of their lives because of their mother's abuse.

Back