• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/M...e-After-Flight-Disruption-Feds-497890681.html
Federal authorities say a man accused of touching a woman's leg and trying to play "footsies" with her on a flight has been charged with simple assault.

A criminal complaint also accuses Justin Riley Brafford, from Denton, of trying to intimidate flight crew members on the Southwest Flight 859 Tuesday from Los Angeles to Dallas.

According to authorities, Brafford sat next to the woman, and inched closer to her even as she leaned away from him. He also is accused of tugging on her sweater, and whispering a profanity.

A flight attendant granted the woman's request to change seats and then confronted Brafford. Authorities say that's when he yelled at the crew, and the pilot diverted the flight to Albuquerque.
[....]

First I'd like to say I enjoy this site. I am repulsed by what one human being can do to another.

As for the story about Justin Brafford, I am his aunt. He was released from prison in California on Saturday, October 13, 2018. I'm not sure how long he had been in, but I know he was in on a parole violation. Justin has spent most of his adult life in prison. His dad (my brother), died some 25 years ago in California and that left Justin to be raised by his drug addict mother. My brother was no peach either, Justin grew up seeing my brother beat his mother and scream at her nonstop. So this is the way he acts also. I am very sadden by what happened on the flight. My sister and I had been talking to him for the past couple of months while he was still incarcerated and he thought coming to Texas would be best for him. So we sent him money for a cab from downtown LA to LAX and all he had to do was get on the dam plane and behave himself. Clearly that didn't happen. I'm so mad at him right now and my sister thinks we should just hop on a plane and rush off to save him. But you can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved. She wants me to take custody of him, so he might get released. Then it would be up to me to make sure he gets to his court dates. Not a good plan! I don't trust him now and having to go back and forth from DFW to Albuquerque is not feasible. Not to mention the fact that if he decided to run, then I'm left hold the bag and if I'm not mistaken, then I'm in trouble. I've never been in trouble with law and do not intend to start now.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Linda

I would have to say I agree with you about not getting involved in it. As you say, only HE can save himself, really, and it doesn't sound like he's ready or able to do that right now. Stick to your guns, Linda!

Please feel free to stick around and post on other thread as well. We're happy to have you if you decide to stay.

I'm located in the DFW area also, so howdy!

I would have to say I agree with you about not getting involved in it. As you say, only HE can save himself, really, and it doesn't sound like he's ready or able to do that right now. Stick to your guns, Linda!

Please feel free to stick around and post on other thread as well. We're happy to have you if you decide to stay.

Well Howdy to you too. I do believe I will stick around. Really like this site.

It appears Justin is not ready to reenter society. Even with family generously helping him, he still managed to fuck up the simple task taking a plane ride without assaulting anyone.

I agree with @Satanica, you would be foolish to take him into your house, @lleatherwood65, and take responsibility for him. He sounds like he will be nothing but trouble. If your sister wants to help him so badly, she should invite him to live with her.

Also... welcome to the madhouse, Linda!

Locked in an aluminum can at altitude with a gut gettiting attitude.
On my list of things to avoid.

Is this the most intelligent family member of a criminal posting in this sites history? Shocking to read such a well put together, non-inflammatory from someone related to the star of a story here.

y sister and I had been talking to him for the past couple of months while he was still incarcerated and he thought coming to Texas would be best for him. So we sent him money for a cab from downtown LA to LAX and all he had to do was get on the dam plane and behave himself. Clearly that didn't happen. I'm so mad at him right now and my sister thinks we should just hop on a plane and rush off to save him.

Your sister is a fucking idiot.

You both should cut off all contact. Criminals deserve NOTHING, whether they are family or not, and should be shunned by society.

Give him NOTHING.

Sounds like you learned your lesson about why you should NEVER, EVER help a criminal, even if they are family.

Back