• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
4tav08.jpg
Kathy Lafond​
jfzviv.jpg
Cecil Conner​
Chicago - A judge said the mother of a 5-year-old boy killed in a drunk driving accident in Steger deserves part of the blame.
The judge made his remarks at the sentencing of the woman's boyfriend, who was behind the wheel.
“I was in the police car,â€￾ Kathy LaFond said. “I was handcuffed, I had no way of saying, ‘Take my car Cecil, take my car.’â€￾
LaFond was upset at a judge's suggestion Monday night, that she was partly responsible for the death of her 5-year-old son Michael.
The youngster died in a car accident in May of 2010. LaFond had been driving the car, but was ticketed and taken into custody for having a suspended license.
Chicago Heights police officer Christopher Felicetti then allowed her boyfriend, Cecil Conner, to drive away with the boy sleeping in the backseat. But Conner was drunk. He crashed into a tree, killing Michael.
On Friday, Conner was sentenced to 9.5 years in prison, but LaFond said her ex-boyfriend shouldn't be the one doing the time.
“Cecil would have never got in the car accident if the cop hadn't given him the keys to my car,â€￾ LaFond said. “My son would be here and Cecil wouldn't be in jail right now.â€￾
owever, Will County Judge Edward Burmila said that while Officer Felicetti could have prevented the accident, he didn't cause it.
He also said it was the boy's mother who “induced," Connor to drive. LaFond's attorney Mark Horowitz said that statement is false.
“The police officer needs to bear some responsibility,â€￾ Horwitz said. “If not criminal, then we're going to have our day in court, which means money.â€￾
[...]
Before he was sentenced, Cecil Connor broke down and cried, saying he would have acted differently if he thought that one night of partying could turn into a lifetime of painful memories.
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/new...n-drunk-driving-death-20120123?obref=obinsite
scx2fc.jpg
Michael Lafond​

Absolutely everything from day one you could wanna know about this case including transcripts of police audio recording
http://www.nbcchicago.com/results/?keywords="Cecil+Conner"

Mother: Cop, Not Ex-Boyfriend, Deserves Prison Time
Cecil Conner was sentenced last Friday to more than nine years in prison in connection with May 10, 2010 crash that killed 5-year-old boy

A mother whose son died in a drunken driving crash said Monday that it's a Chicago Heights police officer, not her ex-boyfriend, who deserves prison time.

Cecil Conner was sentenced last Friday to nine-and-a-half years in prison in connection with the May 10, 2010 crash.

"He would have never drove my car if the cop would have never gave him the keys to my car. My kid would be here today [and] Cecil wouldn't have been in jail," Kathie LaFond said at the Loop office of her attorney.

LaFond's son, 5-year-old Michael, was asleep in the back seat when the crash crashed into a tree.

Life without him, she said, has been a struggle.

"I’m lost right now, I don’t have my kid. My day to day routines were going to work, and seeing my kid after work, tucking my son into bed. And I don’t get that anymore," said the young Chicago Heights mother, dressed in the uniform she wears to jobs at two different Long John Silver’s restaurants.
[...]
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...ner-steger-crash-137934293.html#ixzz1kb5o8FS6

While I do feel sorry for her and her son, and I do in some respects agree with her that the policeman should have never given the keys to someone who was drinking, just the fact that she was driving on suspended license, with a drunk passenger and a sleeping 5 year old, was just a whole bucketload of FAIL on her part.

If they hadn't ever gotten into the car drunk, none of this would even be a story. The boyfriend had the option of saying to the cop, "Ya know what, I've been drinking too. I shouldn't be driving. Let's call a taxi or my folks/friend/co-worker to come pick us up." Instead he got behind the wheel and killed a kid. It always amazes me how the drunk drivers survive, meanwhile they leave a wake of bodies behind them. What a fucked up situation. The mother needs to accept responsibility. Had she not put her kid in the car he would still be alive.

Mom is an irresponsible cunt, cop is an idiot of epic proportions, and BF is a baby killing piece of shit.

Yeah, the cop coulda/shoulda noticed the reek of alcohol coming off the passenger and not given him the keys, but like you said [MENTION=2867]TheMeaningOfItAll[/MENTION], either of the two POS adults coulda/shoulda alerted the police that Conner also should not have been driving. They had a responsibility not only to not drive without a license (and probably also without insurance), but to not drive drunk and to find another answer. The cop might have given them a ride home or called a cab for them.

Back