• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...e-police-east-26th-street-assault/2436248002/

Joshua Lee Adams, 30, was charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the slayings of his mother, 49-year-old Tracy Linn Adams, and his uncle, 54-year-old Gaylord George Jolly, Jr., police said.

A preliminary investigation indicated the victims suffered multiple "sharp force injuries," Des Moines police spokesman Sgt. Paul Parizek said Friday. In criminal complaints filed Saturday, authorities accused Adams of stabbing his relatives numerous times, causing their deaths.

Police and fire personnel were initially called to investigate a report of an assault around 3:40 p.m. at 3927 E. 26th St., police said. Responders found two bodies inside the home.

A judge set Adams' bond at $2 million cash. His preliminary hearing was set for Jan. 8.

In court records, police said Adams and his mother lived in the home that became a crime scene. His uncle's address was listed as a house in the Indianola Hills neighborhood on the city's south side.

f6c68ed9-b3bc-497c-a521-ae1bb34bf69e-GetInmateImage-5.jpeg

Good morning. Was just brousing news on this. So all stories are straight. Gaylord Jolly was named after his father. Yes his real name. He was the kindest, giving lovable man there ever was. He would not hurt even a bug. He gave bigger than a heart could hold. Traci his sister was the same. Her son Josh huffed paint when ge was young so he is mentally not here. A few days before xmas medicad would only give him 3 pills to last until January 1st.The night before this happened, Traci sat and cried she had nowhere to put josh because the state of Iowa closed all mental instutations years ago & she was afraid.Gaylord well his name Junior, sat with her at his house and said she would be ok. They were like twins.
This is so sad especially for their mother. Today i still cried ..Praying one day jesus will dry my tears . Because you see that man Junior,Yes Gaylord Jolly is my boyfriend. A man that loved my children as his own the man that once played with my grandchildren as a child himself full of big laughter,playing as loud as them, bbqing outside even in the winter to welcome anyone in his home to eat. I miss my bear. My love every day. Because the system failed mental help is not here my friend Traci of 30 years ,my love Gaylord of 5 years is gone. God bless all of you readers.
Cherylynn

I'm so sorry for your loss. The lack of care for mental issues is, indeed, dangerous and frustrating, and I'm sorry this family has suffered as a result. It's something many are dealing with every day.

The nutter is to blame, not the system.

If she was afraid, she should have kicked him out and changed the locks. No clue why people refuse to cut off ties to scumbag, nutter family.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...e-police-east-26th-street-assault/2436248002/

Joshua Lee Adams, 30, was charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the slayings of his mother, 49-year-old Tracy Linn Adams, and his uncle, 54-year-old Gaylord George Jolly, Jr., police said.

A preliminary investigation indicated the victims suffered multiple "sharp force injuries," Des Moines police spokesman Sgt. Paul Parizek said Friday. In criminal complaints filed Saturday, authorities accused Adams of stabbing his relatives numerous times, causing their deaths.

Police and fire personnel were initially called to investigate a report of an assault around 3:40 p.m. at 3927 E. 26th St., police said. Responders found two bodies inside the home.

A judge set Adams' bond at $2 million cash. His preliminary hearing was set for Jan. 8.

In court records, police said Adams and his mother lived in the home that became a crime scene. His uncle's address was listed as a house in the Indianola Hills neighborhood on the city's south side.

View attachment 11681

View attachment 11681
I knew josh growing up in middle school and high school always was heavily into drugs and liked to fight. Everyone knew he was off and nobody knew how to help him his father left because of his mental issues he tried to join the military and was kicked out because of his mental issues his mother was an awesome lady and helped him as much as she could and from what I've heard about his uncle he did the same and was a good dude hard to believe someone I grew up hanging out with would do something like this but if I had to pick out someone most likely to do something like this josh would be at the top of that list my prayers go out to everyone who has been affected by this tragedy and I hope anybody who is dealing with mental problems and violent tendencies to get help asap...

I knew josh growing up in middle school and high school always was heavily into drugs and liked to fight. Everyone knew he was off and nobody knew how to help him his father left because of his mental issues he tried to join the military and was kicked out because of his mental issues his mother was an awesome lady and helped him as much as she could and from what I've heard about his uncle he did the same and was a good dude hard to believe someone I grew up hanging out with would do something like this but if I had to pick out someone most likely to do something like this josh would be at the top of that list my prayers go out to everyone who has been affected by this tragedy and I hope anybody who is dealing with mental problems and violent tendencies to get help asap...

Back