• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A man charged with capital murder in the death of his toddler son was found guilty Thursday of the lesser included offense of manslaughter.

A Houston County jury returned the verdict against Jose Louis Rosales Sr.

Jose Louis Rosales Jr., who was 2 at the time of his death, died from blunt force trauma to the head. Preliminary autopsy results showed the toddler had suffered several other injuries prior to his death, including a cigarette burn to his foot. The autopsy showed several bruises about the child’s body, including one in the shape of a coat hanger.

Jose, Jr. and his siblings had been returned home shortly before the death after they removed by the Alabama Department of Human Resources.

Including one in the shape of a coat hanger.....

WTF. He was TWO YEARS OLD. I won't even lie, when my kids were 6 and 8 I'd 'swat' my boys with a flimsy plastic hanger bc they would jump up and down on the bed after being told not to while i was doing laundry (like ON the laundry) bu never once did they get a mark. I mean those plastic ones would probably break before they left much more than a light red mark - a bruise? He had to have been using a metal one to hit hard enough to mark more less BRUISE. He was fucking TWO years old! A baby!

You don't hit your kids...period.
I had my first at 14...second at 18.... Third at 25.

Never even yelled at them.
Well, the boy once.
Because my mother was abusive, I learned to do the exact opposite of what she did to us.
One's a preschool teacher, ones a dental hygienist, and the boy just made in mate of the month!
Lol

I TOTALLY see your point:penguin:

I would just like to state that discipline is very different than abuse. Some kids take verbal cues and listen well. Others, not so much, and if a spanking is what prevents my kid from becoming a dumbass who kicks pregnant ladies or robs old people or drives drunk and kills people, well then, he is gonna get that spanking.
Hurting them is giving them free reign to act impulsively and without experience or knowledge as children are known to do. A Parents JOB is to guide, protect and love their child.
It's sad to me when someone was so abused that they can't differentiate it from safe/proper discipline.

If you're calm and not angry when applying discipline, too, they realize it's a lesson and not because your angry at them for whatever it was. Rules are there for a reason and it's abusive to let the child think they can talk or whine their way of our consequences, because that's not how it works in the real world we're supposedly preparing them to enter.

Back