• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Icy

2zirio8.jpg

Jose Cruz

51f2mx.jpg

Carmen Ellis

INDIANAPOLIS -- A man was arrested after police found an unresponsive 3-year-old girl who later died.

Indianapolis police were called to the Spanish Oak Apartments on the city's east side Tuesday afternoon on a report of a possibly deceased child.

Police said when they arrived, Jose Cruz, 20, was in the apartment, hysterical and wet with sweat, and they found the girl.

A police report said that when officers arrived, they found the toddler wearing only a T-shirt, with bruises from head to toe.

The child was taken to Riley Hospital for Children in critical condition. She was kept on life support so her organs could be donated.

Police arrested Cruz, the boyfriend of the toddler's mother, on an attempted murder charge that is expected to be upgraded.

Reports show a family friend called police last month to report Cruz abusing the same child, but neighbors said they didn't see the signs.
"
We always see her playing around outside -- a happy little girl, a happy 3-year-old," one neighbor told RTV6's Ebone Monet.

Sandy Runkle-Delorme, with Prevent Child Abuse Indiana, said most Indiana child abuse victims who die are 3 years old or younger, so it's important for people to speak up about any possible case of child abuse.

"If you're wrong, then great. If you're right, you're right. You might have prevented a tragedy," she said.

The child's mother was also at the apartment with her infant son. That child has been placed in the care of Child Protective Services.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/31377177/detail.html

Update:

INDIANAPOLIS -- The boyfriend of the mother of a 3-year-old girl beat the child to death after she soiled herself, police said.

A judge Thursday granted prosecutors more time to bring formal charges against Jose Cruz, 20.

Officers were called to the Spanish Oak Apartments on the city's east side Tuesday afternoon and found Carmen Ellis unresponsive and covered in bruises.

The girl was taken to Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health in critical condition, where she died Wednesday after being kept on life support so her organs could be harvested.

"The child did have bruises pretty much from head to toe that were noted immediately when emergency crews arrived on the scene to treat the child," said Indianapolis police spokeswoman Sgt. Linda Jackson. "The call came in as a possible dead on arrival. They were able to resuscitate the child and get her to Riley, where she lived until last night."

According to the probable cause, Ellis had soiled herself while in Cruz's care, prompting him to grab her head, shake her and throw her into a TV.

Reports show a family friend called police last month to report that Cruz was abusing Ellis.

Neighbors said they were shocked by the violence.

"I think that's terrible. I don't understand why anybody would be so upset by a 3-year-old soiling on themselves," Lisa Hansell said.

"Who could do that to a 3-year-old? A crazy man who doesn't have feelings for other people," Liliana Tello said. "He should just stay (in jail)."

Cruz was being held at the Marion County Jail without bond.

The girl's mother was also at the apartment with her infant son at the time police were called. She has not been charged.

That child has been placed in the care of Child Protective Services.
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/31378857/detail.html

my kid has peed his undies for the past couple weeks and while frustrating i never thought to beat him to death. Wtf? Some people just suck.

The mom should be arrested too. She was there and allowed the piss ant to abuse her little girl. I'm betting the baby boy was the murderer's, too. No doubt he'd have been fine . . .

Poor little Carmen. What a beautiful wide-eyed girl.

The eyes! She had such glorious eyes, the windows to the soul. Such great big, beautiful, brown eyes.

UHAQOLj.jpg

One of the pics taken by Chasity Parksey
Agency was warned of possible abuse weeks before 3-year-old's murder
Woman reported injuries to slain toddler
Chasity Parksey can’t find the word to express her feelings as she scrolls through photographs on her smart phone — images she was certain someone from the Department of Child Services would want to see.

The photos are of 3-year-old Carmen Ellis. One depicts a bruise on her right cheek. The other shows similar bruises on her left cheek and another over her eye.

Parksey snapped the photos on July 13 during a visit to an Indianapolis home where her sister and the woman’s boyfriend lived with another couple and two small children. She also called police.

Parksey said she saved the pictures of Carmen on her phone, expecting someone from DCS to follow up with her.

But no one from DCS ever contacted Parksey. Nor, she said, did anyone from the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department.

On Monday — roughly five weeks after Parksey snapped those photos and alerted police, who in turn alerted DCS — police responded to another call at a different Indianapolis home. This time they found Carmen “covered head to toe in bruises.â€￾ She died the next day.
[...]

According to court documents, the girl’s last words to Cruz were: “Papa, I hate you.â€￾
[...]

An Indianapolis police report from July confirms it was Parksey who called police. The report says officers tracked down and interviewed Cruz. They made no arrest, but contacted DCS.

The report says a DCS caseworker “relieved (the Indianapolis officer who initially responded) and stated she would handle the incident from here.â€￾

Stephanie McFarland, a DCS spokeswoman, confirmed the agency “recently had contact with the familyâ€￾ but said state and federal confidentiality laws prohibit her from providing any more details about the agency’s involvement and actions.

McFarland added, however, that it would be “highly inaccurateâ€￾ if anyone suggested DCS did nothing.

Carmen’s mother, Samantha Ellis, and Cruz moved out soon after Parksey called police and she said she had no other contact with the couple or Carmen.

Parksey said she was devastated when she learned of Carmen’s death. It triggered a flood of emotions — including anger and frustration.

Parksey said she had gone to visit her sister that day in July to talk to her sister about bridesmaid dresses for her wedding next month. During the visit, she heard Carmen crying in a back room.

“I asked if I could go get her,â€￾ Parksey recalled. “She was in a soaked diaper and when I picked her up she just loved on me and loved on me. She wouldn’t let go of me.â€￾

But it didn’t take long for Parksey to notice something else about the affectionate little girl. It was so disturbing that she confronted Cruz, even though she didn’t know him well.

“She had a bald spot on her head where her hair had been pulled out,â€￾ Parksey said, “and bruises all over her.â€￾
When she asked Cruz about the injuries, Parksey said he blamed “ghosts.â€￾

“I told him I wasn’t crazy,â€￾ she said, “and I took the baby outside and started taking pictures.â€￾

Parksey said Cruz soon came outside and the two got in an argument. That’s when Cruz snatched Carmen from Parksey and fled the scene — before she could snap more photos of a bite-mark on the child’s stomach and what appeared to be a hickey on the back of her neck.

Parksey called police, who located Cruz, along with Carmen, a short time later at Community North Hospital, where Samantha Ellis was a patient. After the officer notified DCS, a caseworker came to the hospital.

The DCS investigator, the police report said, “collected information from all parties involved.â€￾
http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...ssible-abuse-weeks-before-3-year-old-s-murder

Police say Cruz told them he proceeded to beat her several times with a belt, slapped her repeatedly across her face, grabbed her head and shook her. Carmen’s eyes then rolled to the back of her head, court documents said, and she began vomiting and seizing.

Cruz told investigators he “blanked outâ€￾ and “lost it.â€￾

That does not surprise Indianapolis sisters Katrina Parksey and Chasity Parksey. The women said they had seen other injuries and were suspicious of Cruz but never actually saw him hurt Carmen.

Katrina Parksey said it was clear to her that Carmen did not like being around Cruz.

“She would scream,â€￾ she said, “when he tried to pick her up.â€￾
[...]

The girl’s mother told investigators she knew about Carmen’s injuries. She said Cruz had an excuse every time she asked about the bruises, documents said.

Ellis also said Cruz told her to not take Carmen to the hospital Tuesday, saying she would heal on her own. The mother admitted she was afraid to take her daughter to the hospital, documents said, fearing Cruz would be mad and take it out on her.
http://www.indystar.com/article/201...2/3-year-old-s-last-words-were-Papa-hate-you-

Prosecutors formally charged Cruz with murder Friday.

Cruz claims he was warned in jail that he had one week to live. But, the judge says he should be safe because he's being kept away from other inmates.
http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/indiana/man-charged-with-beating-3-year-old-to-death

Why is the 'mother' not being charged too?

The girl’s mother told investigators she knew about Carmen’s injuries. She said Cruz had an excuse every time she asked about the bruises, documents said.

Ellis also said Cruz told her to not take Carmen to the hospital Tuesday, saying she would heal on her own. The mother admitted she was afraid to take her daughter to the hospital, documents said, fearing Cruz would be mad and take it out on her.

That poor baby girl. This just breaks my heart. And for DCS and the police to allow this to happen is fucking unbelievable and unforgivable! The aunt noticed something was wrong, took PHOTO'S and acted upon her suspicions, and DCF and the police dropped the fucking ball and now that child is dead! Heads should roll for this. And that POS baby-beater and the worthless fucking 'mother' should be given death.

Police Accuse Man Of Beating Toddler To Death Because She Soiled Herself

INDIANAPOLIS, IN –* A man charged with the murder of a 3-year-old girl has admitted to beating the girl to death because she had soiled herself.
Last Tuesday, police were called to a home where they found 21-year-old Jose Cruz hysterical and his girlfriend in a bedroom with her 3-year-old daughter, Carmen. Police say the girl was not breathing and was “covered in bruises from head to toe.â€￾ She was rushed to the hospital and placed on a ventilator, but Carmen was pronounced dead on Wednesday. A medical evaluation determined the girl’s bruises were the result of beings struck with a flexible object, and that she had blunt force trauma to the abdominal area.
Cruz, who was initially arrested on preliminary charges of attempted murder, told investigators that he became upset over the fact that Carmen had soiled herself. In response, he says he beat Carmen with a brown leather belt, shook her, pulled her hair and threw her into a television. Police would later retrieve a brown leather belt from the home as well as a black power cord.
This isn’t the first time Cruz has been accused of abusing Carmen. Back in July, someone called police after seeing what they thought was bite marks on the girl’s face, and bruises on her body.…

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill - and is not allowed to be copied on other sites.

"Read the full Front Page article..."

I believe whole heartedly in a Heaven and Hell. With that said, I hope each night every fucking demon in the depths of hell go and visit this shit stain. I hope they both go crazy to the point of maiming themselves each time they hear lil Carmen cry. Cries that no one else will hear but them. Cries that will make them want to claw at the walls trying to escape. No peace EVER in life for thse two. Mostly for her because a mother MUST protect her flesh and blood and she served right up to this monster.

Mother Charged With Neglect After Daughter's Death
(INDIANAPOLIS) - The mother of a 3-year-old girl who died after police said her boyfriend severely beat the girl also faces charges.

FOX59 News reports, Samantha Ellis faces a count of felony neglect. According to court documents, Ellis "did knowingly place" her daughter, 3-year-old Carmen Ellis, in a situation that "did endanger the life or health" of the little girl. Investigators said Ellis failed to seek medical treatment for her daughter or remove her from abuse at the hand of her boyfriend, Jose Cruz.

By doing so, investigators said, Ellis contributed to the little girl's death.
Cruz was arrested and charged with murder shortly after Carmen died. Medics called to their apartment on August 21 found Carmen with bruises all over her body. She later died at the hospital, and the coroner ruled her death a homicide.

According to court documents, Ellis acknowledged that her daughter would often have unexplained bruises when she left her in Cruz's care. When she asked Cruz about the marks, Cruz "would always have an excuse" for the bruises. When Ellis would tell Cruz that she wanted to take Carmen to the hospital, Cruz would tell her not to, saying the "bruises would heal themselves."
Ellis told detectives she never sought help on her own because she was afraid Cruz would take it out on her.

According to court documents, detectives also talked to family members and acquaintances of Ellis who saw bruises on the girl's body.

Jose Cruz entered guilty pleas this morning to charges of murder and aggravated battery in the August 2012 beating death of 3-year-old Carmen Ellis.

The pleas came in a deal with prosecutors, who agreed to dismiss a request for a sentence of life without parole.

The deal calls for the 22-year-old Indianapolis man to receive an executed sentence of 75 years at the Indiana Department of Correction. Sentencing is scheduled for Oct. 16. He could serve about half that time if he has no conduct issues in prison.

Responding with a soft “yes sir” to questions from Marion Superior Judge Marc Rothenberg, Cruz admitted delivering the beating that killed his girlfriend’s daughter as well as earlier beatings that left the child bruised and injured.

Prosecutor Kristina Korobov said Cruz said he “lost it” and blacked out after Carmen soiled her pants while in his care. She said a doctor who examined the child’s body said it would be easier to document the areas where Carmen did not have injuries than to list all of her bruises, fractures and other wounds.

Carmen’s mother, Samantha Ellis, is awaiting trial on a charge of neglect for leaving her daughter with Cruz despite allegedly knowing he had been harming the child. No trial date has been set.
[...]
http://www.jconline.com/article/201...ianapolis-man-admits-beating-3-year-old-death

This is heartbreaking and devestating. I can't understand the thought process of these people. I hope he gets his comeuppance in prison. Her last words "papa I hate you" made me cry. A child should never know the true meaning of those words. This beautiful angel, she is home safe where she belongs. Fly with the angels beautiful baby girl. Your next time around will be full of love and wonder.

So, she was afraid he'd take it out on her? Well then, let him take it out on a sweet little toddler. What a fucking cunt!!!
I love the fact that he 'blanked out', but confessed with details. Great defense douche canoe.

The mother admitted she was afraid to take her daughter to the hospital, documents said, fearing Cruz would be mad and take it out on her.
He'd have to take it out on me coz aint no way in hell would he be putting a hurting on my child like that. Fuck this cunt. Too worried about her own ass to protect her child.
Also I hope and pray he does NOT get released after 37.5yrs. The only way he should leave prison is in a coffin, dumped in a pit and set a flame.

Baby girl Carmen got a little bit more justice! Mommy is going away for a long time....

A woman arrested following the death of her 3-year-old daughter will spend the next 20 years in prison.

Marion County Prosecutor Terry Curry announced on Wednesday that Samantha Ellis received a 20-year sentence in the Indiana Department of Correction, followed by 10 years of probation. This follows the August 2012 death of her daughter Carmen.

Ellis pleaded guilty to neglect of dependent resulting in death, a Class A felony, for failing to get the child timely medical treatment and for failing to remove her from the presence of Jose Cruz, which prosecutors say resulted in her death.

http://wishtv.com/2014/08/06/mom-gets-20-years-in-3-year-old-daughters-death/

@maddhattie Thank you for the update. However, I wish I had never read this thread. This little one just wanted to be held and loved. All she was given was pain and hate from those closest to her.
My heart breaks at the thought.

Back