• You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
An Inglewood man accused of killing his girlfriend’s young son two days before his birthday last summer has been charged with murder, prosecutors announced Thursday.

Josafat Bonifacio, 27, also faces a count of assault on a child causing death, according to a news release from the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.

The incident took place on July 3 Bonifacio had been caring for 2-year-old Damien Ventura — his girlfriend’s son — and his 4-year-old daughter when someone called 911 during the evening, officials said.

The little boy was rushed to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Westwood where he died two days before his third birthday. Damien had suffered from multiple injuries, the release stated.

The Los Angeles Police Department responded to the hospital to investigate the boy’s death.

Bonifacio was arrested on Tuesday and is being held on $3 million bail, inmate records show.

The case is being prosecuted by the office’s Family Violence Division, Complex Child Abuse Section.
https://ktla.com/2019/01/17/man-charged-with-murder-in-fatal-assault-of-girlfriends-2-year-old-son-in-westchester-da/
1547793781745-png.12395
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Brillig

Danse Macabre Instructor
Bold Member!
Jehoshaphat. Now there's a traditional name you don't often see anymore.
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
That little boy looks so sweet and happy.

Still trying to find a picture of the monster that killed this baby.
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

lithiumgirl

Pretty Nice Troll
I wonder if he is real daddy is in jail ... could you imagine showing up on the range of the guy whose kid you just murdered?
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
The father of a 2-year-old boy who was allegedly killed by his mother's boyfriend last summer plans to sue the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services and county Board of Supervisors, alleging social workers ignored evidence the boy was being abused.

Damien Ventura died at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Westwood on July 3, 2018, days before his third birthday.

The boy's father, Oscar Ventura, held a press conference Friday with his attorney Brian Claypool outside the Stanley Mosk Courthouse in downtown L.A., detailing their case against the county and its child services agency.

Claypool blames Damien's death on “ineffective, incompetent Los Angeles County social workers,” along with DCFS' refusal to enact change after the torture deaths of two other boys — 8-year-old Gabriel Fernandez and 10-year-old Anthony Avalos — whose abuse had been reported to the agency.

In the months leading up to the toddler's death, not only Oscar but also the owner of a daycare center Damien attended, the boy's babysitter and grandmother — his mother's mom — had all told DCFS either that the toddler had been hit in the face or that Bonifacio was striking him, Claypool said.

Oscar said his son first told him of the abuse in January 2018, and he decided to record the shocking confession on his cellphone as proof. In the video, bruising can be seen on the boy's face as he says, "Joe slapped me in the face."

“That day he was really sad," Oscar said of his son. "He was scared, he was afraid. When he saw me, he came and told me.”

The father said he took his son to the doctor the next day, and that's when social workers were called to investigate.

But Oscar said that when he showed a social worker the video, she dismissed the accusation and told him he was coaching Damien to say such things.

“I don’t know what kind of proof they wanted for them to see that my son was actually telling the truth," Oscar said. "Now that he’s not here no more, now that’s when they believe what I was saying.”

Oscar said he only saw the social worker twice and she never pressed the issue further. "She never called me, she never contacted me to see what was going on," he said. "And that was it.”

The boy's grandmother had separately told DCFS her daughter was unfit to take care of Damien and reported bruising on the boy's cheeks, while the daycare owner told officials Damien was not safe with his mom and her boyfriend and needed protection, Claypool said.

Continue reading at link
1551500770187-png.13852
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Staff online

Top