• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Johnny Peluyera, 16, was looking to sell his Microsoft Xbox game console. The teen thought he found a buyer in Gary, just a few miles away, after using an online sales app.

But when Johnny and his dad went to Gary to sell the device, they found trouble instead.

Two males tried to rob Johnny, with one taking out a semi-automatic handgun, as Johnny’s dad watched from the car, according to police.

“That's when he told his son, ‘Leave the Xbox,'” Commander Jack Hamady of the Gary Police Department told Chicago’s WLS-TV.

Johnny then ran back to the car but one of the suspects fired a shot, killing Johnny.

His dad was not injured, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.

Kelly Arroyo, the teen’s mother, told WLS"They killed my son over nothing,” she continued. “They didn't even get the gaming system. They didn't even get the Xbox so why did they have to shoot him?"

Police say they’re searching for two suspects in their late teens or early 20s who were wearing shorts and hoodies.

Great description sure they will get a lot of helpful leads.

This is the value some put on a life.
Let society do likewise for those who prefer not to live by acceptable standards of a civilized population. Find them charge them sentence them to execution by firing squad.

Why should animals like this be allowed to continue breathing and be cared for when they clearly don't feel anyone else should be. Meet crime with True Justice. If you feel that lives around you are worthless, then so is yours.

We are not talking about individuals here that will ever rise to Greatness. There will be no doctors, lawyers, scientists, humanitarians among them. They will always be a drain to Society at a threat to the well-being of those around them. You wouldn't keep a rabid dog on a farm with your animals. You would end it, no one would care oh, and they would be right not to.

Lake County officials said they took two teens into custody after they allegedly fatally shot a 16-year-old last month while he was trying to sell them his Xbox.

Johnny Peluyera, 16, was shot and killed June 12 while he was with his father meeting up with two people in Gary to sell the teen's gaming system. The two arranged the meeting using an online sales app.

The Lake County sheriff said they have a 17-year-old and 18-year-old in custody for the shooting. Charges are pending, and the 17-year-old may be charged as an adult.

The teens were arrested at their homes in Gary and Crown Point.

Kelly Arroyo and John Peluyera, the teen's parents, said the whole thing is still incomprehensible.

"I especially plead to all parents: Hold your babies. Tell them every day you love them and you are proud of them,” Arroyo said.

His mother said she can't believe her son is gone. She said he was a wonderful kid who loved video games and cars. He had just gotten his license and was about to get his own Trans Am. The teen didn't have a chance to drive the new blue car his parents had just bought for him.

His father said he can't get the image of his son's death out of his head. He said it's all very hard to process.

Johnny was one of three children. He leaves behind a little brother and an older sister battling stage 4 cancer.

17-year-old may be charged as an adult. May be my ass! To the full extent of the law for both is more like it.. premeditated and in the process of a felony.. is more like it...

His father said he can't get the image of his son's death out of his head. My son passed almost twelve years ago, not a violent death and not in front of my eyes as I helplessly watched.. I dream a lot about him still and think constantly about him I cannot fathom this poor mans struggles.. I give him so much love and respect for holding his shit together for his family and especially his other kids!

17-year-old may be charged as an adult. May be my ass! To the full extent of the law for both is more like it.. premeditated and in the process of a felony.. is more like it...

His father said he can't get the image of his son's death out of his head. My son passed almost twelve years ago, not a violent death and not in front of my eyes as I helplessly watched.. I dream a lot about him still and think constantly about him I cannot fathom this poor mans struggles.. I give him so much love and respect for holding his shit together for his family and especially his other kids!
((hug))

And, it's probably weird, but I always wonder how bad an effect it has on the sick family member. There have been others where someone was battling cancer or some other terrible disease and then have to deal with grief and injustice, etc. It can't be good.

Death penalty for the 18 year old hopefully

Wish it went like the other videogame robbery story from not too long ago where the scumbag pulled a gun or even shot the kid, and the kids dad who happened to be nearby and armed blew the scumbag away, killed the fuck. If i remember right they arrested the dad in that case, which is fucking infuriating and bizarre. Wonder if that's been posted here.

ANyways, yeah this is def not as heartwarming.

The 17 year, Garry Higgins, has been charged with the murder. No charges yet for 18 year old, Dezman Dukes.

Here's a bit more info how the murdered
Jul 5, 2019 Updated Jul 12, 2019

One of two teens arrested this week in connection with the homicide of a 16-year-old trying to sell an Xbox in Gary was charged Friday with murder.

Garry L. Higgins, 17, of Gary, is accused of luring Johnny Peluyera to the 5000 block of Maryland Street in Gary on June 12 with the promise of more money than Peluyera was asking for his Xbox.

Higgins' friend, Dezman C. Dukes, 18, of Merrillville, told police he and Higgins met Peluyera and Peluyera's father outside a home and Higgins shot Peluyera while attempting to rob him of the Xbox, Lake Criminal Court records state.

Online court records show a judge on Friday denied murder charges against Dukes, who was released from custody.

Higgins was being held without bond Friday after being charged as an adult in Lake Criminal Court.
Lake County sheriff's police arrested Higgins and Dukes on Wednesday after executing search warrants at a home in Gary and a home in Crown Point, officials said.

Lake County Sheriff Oscar Martinez said his department was able to hold Dukes for only 48 hours without charges. Dukes was not alleged to be the shooter, he said.

"We're confident that he's going to get charged," Martinez said.

Police can continue to work with the Lake County prosecutor's office to establish probable cause to charge Dukes at a later date, spokesman Bradley Carter said.

Peluyera's father told police he drove his son to Gary's Glen Park section about 6:45 p.m. June 12 and waited in the car as Peluyera spoke with two males. When the father saw one of the males pull a gun, he yelled for Johnny Peluyera to give them the Xbox and said it wasn't worth it, court records state.

Peluyera, of Merrillville, was shot as he ran back toward his father's car, still holding the game console. The bullet went through his left arm and into his chest, resulting in his death, records state.

Peluyera's father told police he asked his son if he'd been shot and he replied, "Yes, I'm hit." The father drove down the block, stopped to call 911, then took off his shirt and attempted to apply pressure as they waited for help, records state.

Johnny Peluyera was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the Lake County coroner's office.

Dukes told police Higgins sent him an image before the shooting of Higgins communicating with Peluyera on the OfferUp app. Dukes and Higgins met up with Peluyera, and all three agreed to check that the game console worked. They walked to one house and then a second to plug it in, court records state.

Dukes claimed he ran west when he saw Higgins pull out a silver revolver, court records state. He heard one gunshot, he said.

He later met Higgins back at Higgins' house, which is about two blocks from the crime scene, according to court records. Dukes told police they both threw away the clothing they were wearing that night.

An investigator with OfferUp gave police text conversations between "Marc Miller," believed to be Higgins, and others in which Higgins attempted to lure several individuals to the 5000 block of Maryland Street with the promise of more money than the item he claimed he wanted to buy, records state.

Higgins had offered to buy Peluyera's Xbox for $260, instead of Peluyera's asking price of $250, records allege.

Higgins was being held without bond on charges of murder, murder in perpetration of a robbery, attempted robbery resulting in serious bodily injury and attempted armed robbery.

Online court records did not list an attorney for Higgins or indicate when his initial hearing will be scheduled.
Martinez thanked the Lake County/Gary Metro Homicide Unit, Sheriff's Department Tactical Unit and the prosecutor's office for their efforts to identify suspects in the homicide and secure charges.

"This is a crime that touched the hearts of residents here in Lake County and surrounding areas, and also across the country," Martinez said. "It is my hope that the diligence of those who have worked on this case sends a message that the law enforcement family stands strong against the violence that threatens to destroy the peace our residents seek in their communities."

Shitbag's photo is at the link, I can't seem to post it to this yet, for some reason.

Last edited:
He only offered an extra ten dollars? So, on top of being an evil, incompetent robber and pure evil piece of shit murderer, you're only pulling out an extra ten bucks to impress? I just want to kick him and his pussy ass friend in their stupid, retarded faces through the computer screen.

A judge rejected a defense attorney's arguments Wednesday that a 19-year-old man deserved leniency because he was a product of the system and gave him a 30-year sentence for killing a teenager over an Xbox.

Garry L. Higgins IV, of Gary, Indiana, received the maximum sentence under his plea agreement.

Lake Criminal Court Judge Natalie Bokota said she understood Higgins lived in a "system of disorder and insecurity" for much of his childhood, but billions of people around the world suffer every day but don't victimize other people.

"It was not that the system created the disruption, but that the system was trying to intervene with a young person making poor choices," Bokota said.

The judge sentenced Higgins to 30 years, with two suspended in favor of probation. Higgins may petition the court in the final year of his sentence to join a Lake County's Community Transition Court, which helps incarcerated people reintegrate into society, she said.

Higgins pleaded guilty in July to attempted robbery resulting in serious bodily injury, a level 2 felony, in connection with the June 12, 2019, shooting death of 16-year-old Johnny Peluyera.

Higgins admitted in his plea agreement he used the OfferUp app to arrange to meet Peluyera at that location to purchase Peluyera's Xbox.
Higgins apologized to Peluyera's family.

He stuttered as he talked about having a difficult childhood and emotional issues that resulted from the deaths of friends and family members. He said he'd like to get his life back.

Defense attorney Michael Woods said Peluyera's death was tragic, and nothing that happened in court Wednesday would fill the void it left.

Woods said it wasn't clear from the evidence that Higgins fired the shot that killed Peluyera.

Higgins' mother, Tyra Taylor, said her son spent time in the foster care system after the family lost their home. She alleged Higgins was mistreated while in foster care.

A Merrillville man received a two-year sentence Thursday after admitting his role in a $40 pizza delivery driver stickup in Gary.

Dezman Dukes, 21, pleaded guilty to level 5 felony robbery.

Judge Natalie Bokota accepted his plea Thursday with his sentence to be served in the Lake County Community Corrections program.

Dukes admitted he called in the Domino’s pizza order to an abandoned home so his friend, Garry Higgins, could rob the man.

Dukes were implicated in the shooting death of Merrillville teen Johnny Peluyera, 16, whom Higgins lured to Gary promising to buy his Xbox and pulled the trigger that killed him, court documents stated.

Charges in that case against Dukes were dropped. Higgins was sentenced to 30 years for Peluyera’s death in September.

Back