• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Prettypink513

Church Member
http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/sus...cle_d4cd848e-eb16-11e7-aac7-db0387983ca5.html

"John and Jean Dalton and their granddaughter, Leonna Dalton-Phillip, were being remembered Wednesday for all the good things they brought to the world. The three were slain Tuesday in the Daltons' home.

The Daltons' own son, who previously spent time in prison for killing his wife, was arrested Wednesday on a first-degree murder warrant. John Dalton Jr., 46, was apprehended outside Jackson, Tennessee, and was being held in the Madison County Jail in that state Wednesday night."

"The vioulence appears to have unfolded quickly, Phillip said.

Dalton-Phillip's car was still running outside her maternal grandparents' home at 3912 N. 37th St. when police arrived to investigate the shooting Tuesday night. The 18-year-old Burke High senior had gone to the house to pick up her younger sister, Phillip said."

"The younger sister, London Dalton, ran to a neighbor's house about 7:30 p.m. and said, "They shot my family."

Police found John W. Dalton Sr., 70, his wife, Jean, 65, and Leonna Dalton-Phillip all dead inside the home. Dalton-Phillip was Dalton Jr.'s niece."

"John Dalton Jr. was pulled over Wednesday afternoon on Interstate 40 in Jackson, Tennessee.

Radio dispatch traffic indicates that Dalton was eastbound in a black GMC Terrain SUV.

A trooper who was tracking him radioed dispatchers: "He's veaving in and out of traffic. I think he's going to exit the first chance he gets...Looks like there is only one occupant in the vehicle."

"After more troopers were in place, they pulled Dalton over about 5 miles farther down the road, on the northeast side of Jackson.

Jackson is about 130 miles west of Nashville, where Dalton was captured in a traffic stop after killing his wife in Omaha in 1998. Following that arrest, he was held without bail because he was considered a flight risk.

"Given the chance, he'd run again," Jennie Dugan-Hinrichs, a deputy Douglas County attorney, told a judge.

"John Dalton Jr. served more than 11 years in prison after being convicted of manslaughter in the death of his wife, Shannon Dalton.

"He lived just a couple blocks away, but I don't think (his parents) saw him a lot," Phillip said. "Jean would try to talk to him, but she said he was never the same after he got out of prison."

More about the victims at the link

Get the fuck out.

Prison might institutionalize you?
It might harden you to basic street stuff? It might deafen your emotions.

Does it turn you from a spouse killer into a bloody family killer?

Nah.

It doesn’t make you kill your parents and your niece for seemingly no reason.

Too bad a bullet to his brain didn’t end this situation.

Last edited:
Never the same after he murdered his wife.

I needed to fix that sentence, because prison has nothing to do with his problem.

how good was he when he murdered his wife and apparently mother of 3 little kids? in my opinion he should have done the whole amount of change in his wifes case My condolences to the rest of the family and hope the murdered rest in peace

Nov 12, 1999

An Omaha man convicted in the 1998 slaying of his wife at their home was sentenced to 20 to 30 years in prison on manslaughter and weapons charges Friday.

John W. Dalton Jr., 27, had been charged with second-degree murder in the Sept. 7 shooting death of his wife, 22-year-old Shannon N. Dalton, while the couple's three children, who were 6, 5, and 3 at the time, were at their home at 3489 Ruggles St.

Last summer, Dalton took a plea bargain and was found guilty of manslaughter, use of a deadly weapon to commit a felony and being a felon in possession of a firearm. The plea agreement spared him a potential life sentence.

Douglas County District Judge Robert V. Burkhard imposed consecutive 10- to 15-year sentences each on charges of manslaughter and use of a deadly weapon.

He advised Dalton that he would have to serve at least 10 years in prison before becoming eligible for parole. With good behavior, Dalton would have to be released from prison after 15 years. The judge gave him 428 days credit for jail time served.

In explaining his sentence, the judge said, "A human life was taken senselessly."

He said the couple's three daughters are victims as well.

"You have deprived them of their mother and your love and affection for some time, " he said.

Dalton's defense attorney, Deputy Douglas County Public Defender Tim Burns, cited from a letter Dalton wrote to the judge, in which he expressed remorse for the crime.

"I wish I could go back and change that whole day around," Dalton wrote. "I miss my wife so much."

He also told the judge he missed his children very much and wanted to be a father to them.

Burns told the judge that the couple had been having marital difficulties.

The victim's mother, Floria Cullum, said about the sentence, "It was just."

Cullum said that her daughter had wanted to get out of the relationship.

"She had made up her mind, " she said.

She said the couple's three girls saw the gun and heard the shots but did not directly witness their mother being shot to death.

"Right now, I don't think the children are old enough to understand, but they talk about it, " Cullum said.

Deputy County Attorney Brenda Beadle said earlier she agreed to reduce the murder charge to avoid having to put the children on the witness stand. The children have been living with their paternal grandmother.

Shannon Dalton's killing heightened awareness in the community about domestic violence because it came on the heels of a similar slaying over the 1998 Labor Day weekend. Debora Peralta, 29, was chased down the street and shot near 39th and Cass Streets by her ex - boyfriend, Necdet Canbaz.

Canbaz was sentenced to life in prison after being convicted of first-degree murder.

Shannon Dalton's body was found on the floor of the living room at the couple's home. After the slaying, Dalton fled in his wife's car, police said.
http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/nov...cle_49b7c334-eb19-11e7-ba07-c35ae1590019.html
[doublepost=1514513257,1514513132][/doublepost]
5a43e3e920ca5.image.jpg

5a45389b3dc8c.image.jpg

Last edited:
It says his dead wife was 22 when she was killed. That means she was 16 when she had their 6yr old daughter, so probably 15 when she got pregnant. He was 26-27 when he murdered her, so probably 19-20 at the conception. Right there is when her parents should’ve stepped in & protected their teenage daughter from this predator. Adult men should get their asses thrown in jail for sniffing around 15 year old girls. :rage:

@Prettypink513
A Nebraska man was given three life sentences plus a maximum of 230 years in prison for the grisly triple murder of his parents and his niece.

On Monday John Dalton Jr, 47, was handed the severe sentence for shooting dead his father John Dalton Sr, 70; his mother Jean Dalton, 65; and niece Leonna Dalton-Phillip, 18; on December 26, 2017.

However some heartbroken family members still feel uneasy as Dalton Jr failed to give a motive for the slayings.

On Monday he pleaded guilty to seven charges - three counts of first-degree murder and four gun-related counts, without offering any further explanation, according to the Omaha World-Herald.

'They’re looking for answers — and they’re asking lots of questions — but sometimes there are none. It’s just pure evil,' chief deputy Douglas County attorney Brenda Beadle said at the court hearing.

'If ever there was a case that warranted the maximum sentence, this is it,' she added.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6480827/Man-pleads-guilty-killing-parents-niece-Omaha.html

I really wish the death penalty was a more frequently used punishment. He killed 4 people. That in my opinion is a good damn reason to rid the world of such evil.

Back