• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A woman has been arrested for allegedly intentionally pulling her vehicle in front of a truck which resulted in the death of her 10-year-old daughter.

Following a nine-month investigation, the Mentor Police Department determined that 37-year-old Kia Ferguson, of South Euclid intentionally pulled her vehicle in front of a UPS semi-truck on Jan. 25, 2019.

Ji Ferguson, the 10-year-old rear passenger and daughter of Kia Ferguson, died at the scene as a result of the injuries.

Ferguson’s other child, a 6-year-old boy, was injured and taken to the ICU at Cleveland’s MetroHealth Hospital for treatment.

After investigators said “it became clear the Ms. Ferguson intentionally pulled in front of the semi-truck,” the case was handed over to the Lake County Prosecutor’s Office for charges.

Ferguson was taken into custody and is now charged with aggravated murder, murder, attempted murder, attempted aggravated murder, felonious assault, and endangering children.
1570532020046.png

February 4, 2020
The attorney for the South Euclid mom accused of intentionally causing a crash that killed her daughter and injured her son has filed a motion to plead not guilty by reason of insanity.

Mentor police said Kia Ferguson pulled her vehicle in front of a UPS semi-truck on I-90 near SR 306 on Jan. 25. 2019.

Ji Ferguson, the 10-year-old rear passenger and daughter of Ferguson, died at the scene as a result of the injuries.

Ferguson’s other child, a 6-year-old boy, was injured and taken to the ICU at Cleveland’s MetroHealth Hospital for treatment.

Ferguson is charged with aggravated murder, murder, attempted murder, attempted aggravated murder, felonious assault, and endangering children.

Last edited:
@Sugar Cookie--I can't find the answer in the articles, and it's kind of to answer a personal question a couple of members will understand the reason for---

Did she make a left hand turn to put her passengers in the most danger to oncoming traffic? So she could say the motor stalled, or whatever bullshit car issue she could come up with?

Signed, Evil stepmom tried to kill me many times--I think...

A woman who intentionally drove into the path of a semitrailer on an interstate, killing her 10-year-old daughter and severely injuring her 6-year-old son, has been sentenced to 18 years to life in prison.

Kia Ferguson, 38, will also have her driver’s license suspended for life under the sentence imposed late last month. She had pleaded guilty in June to murder and attempted murder charges.

The crash in Mentor occurred in January 2019. Authorities have said Ferguson purposely pulled out in front of the semitrailer.

The semitrailer’s driver wasn’t injured.

Ferguson’s attorneys have said that in the months before the crash, she was working in a high-pressure job and her mental wellness began to decrease. Things worsened when she was fired from the job.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back