• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jaded

Staff member
qrwu2s.jpg

Jessie Rodriguez had troubles getting his girlfriend's 2-year-old son to fall asleep. To get the boy, Brian Hawes, to stay in bed he began tying him to his mattress with a red, fire engine printed blanket.

On Sept. 21, the child kept wiggling out of the blanket. Rodriguez, 27, then tied the blanket around the boy's waist "the tightest he's ever tied it," according to the criminal complaint.

The next morning, Rodriguez discovered the lifeless child with the knot he tied in the blanket up around the boy's chest.

Hawes died from mechanical asphyxiation. The blanket prevented the child from breathing, according to the medical examiner.

The Racine District Attorney has charged Rodriguez with one count of second-degree reckless homicide and two counts of physical abuse of a child. The toddler's mother, 27-year-old Tisa Hawes, will be charged with failure to act to prevent bodily harm to a child.

When police discovered the child's body, there was bruising on the child's head, legs and feet. According to the criminal complaint, Rodriguez said that he had been hitting the toddler and the other child with a belt and a coat hanger since he started dating the mother. Tisa Hawes was aware he was hitting the children, but she did nothing to stop him, he added.

He also said he and Tisa both used combs and coat hangers to hit the children's feet when they were acting up after a friend suggested it.

Rodriguez also stated that Tisa knew he was tying the toddler up in the red blanket at night and did nothing to stop him.
http://www.wisn.com/news/17688658/detail.html?rss=mil&psp=news

The next door neighbors of Brian Hawes’ family said Friday the announcement that the 2-year-old’s mother and her boyfriend will be charged in his death is no surprise.

Pete Peterson said he and his wife Vicki had reported Brian and his older brother being mistreated to the Human Service Department twice. He said he knows that Brian’s dad, his aunt and grandmother also called to report suspicion of abuse.

“We’re angry,â€￾ Peterson said. “When they called my wife back, they asked, ‘Have you seen any bruises?’ That’s pretty lousy if that’s their only criteria. Did they come in and talk to them?â€￾

The Petersons’ 15-year-old son said he even gave a department employee detailed information Brian’s 7-year-old brother told him about being beaten with a belt.

“I don’t know what else we could have said,â€￾ Pete Peterson said. “I don’t understand it. They’re the ones that are supposed to protect kids.â€￾

Tisa Hawes told officers that the night before Brian was found dead, she took her older son to St. Luke’s Hospital for mental health treatment, where he was admitted overnight. When she returned home, Hawes said she and Rodriguez put Brian to bed around 9:30 p.m. She said it took him some time to calm down and he was still awake around 2 a.m.

According to the complaint, Hawes woke at 7:40 a.m., assumed Brian was still sleeping, and went to work without checking on him.

Brian’s brother was also interviewed. He told investigators that since Rodriguez had moved into their house, he and his brother were being hit at lot more — sometimes with a belt or hanger. The 7-year-old boy said his younger brother got hit more often because he cried more and always cried at bedtime.

The boy said Rodriguez would tie Brian up with his fireman blanket at night so he would stay in bed. He told a police investigator he believed Brian died because Rodriguez had tied the fireman blanket too tight.

The day after Brian’s body was found, investigators did recover a fireman blanket still tied in a knot with a small space in the middle.
http://www.journaltimes.com/articles/2008/10/10/local_news/doc48ef6c6a6f100025838518.txt

Two year old Brian Hawes was killed in his own bedroom. Neighbors say, since his death, his own mother has been going about her business as usual and even putting up Halloween decorations.

Neighbors say Brian was never outside, his view of the outside world, blocked by a cardboard box. They say they tried to get help from social services, but nothing was done.

“That was my buddy I used to stand in the driveway and talk to. The only way I could talk to him is through that window,â€￾ one neighbor said.
Neighbors are taking Brian’s death very hard.

There’s a sticker on the door of the home where Brian died that reads “proud parent.â€￾
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/30750724.html

How fucking despicable are these people? The neighbors are more saddened by the death of this sweet baby boy than his own fucking disgusting piece of shit asswipe mother. This makes me so angry I could puke. This could have been prevented and should not have happened.

Nell, Crickett, Envy, UNITE!

We have a job to handle...I got my nail gun and soldering iron!

This child was failed in so many ways...it is hard to sum it up. A cruel and sadistic child beater, a cruel and useless excuse of a mother and of course there is Human Services who's job is to fix problems like this. I hate all of them, all of them. And WTF? a "friend" suggested hitting his feet when he acted up???STUPID bitch...I'd like a moment with all of these *F* idiots!

Little Brian was acting up and crying because of the abuse being inflicted by the new male in his home dominating and controlling his life. His mother even worse to allow such terrible abuse. Poor baby was desperate and scared. His survival instincts kicked in and trying to save himself the only way he knew how by crying and letting them know he was unhappy....hell, a well adjusted, happy 2 yr. old is difficult to keep in bed but to resort to tying him up in bed...oh, yeah that's bright...no wonder this poor child was crying...*F*!

All little Brian needed was LOVE, UNDERSTANDING and PATIENCE....way too much to ask of these fuctards. Also so cruel this little one not allowed outside. His view of the world was terrifying...a very sad place.

Rest in peace baby Brian I know you are in a better place.

1zcd861.jpg

Last edited:
There are so many ways to prevent this, and it starts with, if you don't want to have a child, use protection you stupid bitch! Seriously, if you aren't capable, don't bring a child into this world unless you plan on putting it up for adoption. And where the fuck is the system that is supposed to protect children? Where are the people who are supposed to be keeping these kids safe? The system fails in so many ways as it is, and this is where it's the worst.

And WTF? a "friend" suggested hitting his feet when he acted up???

It's quite painful without the risk of doing mortal harm, in a location where the bruises are easily concealable. If you're someone who is so calculatedly abusive. You know, sometimes I can understand those folks who just lose it and harm their children. I can't fathom at all, the ones who carefully plan their abuse and torture.

Big surprise that they say the case was "properly handled." There is video on the link of excerpts from the press conference. Why was grandma's call not logged??? That doesn't sound properly handled to me...

http://www.journaltimes.com/articles/2008/10/21/local_news/doc48fe9660185b9738250123.txt

County officials say reports of abuse before 2-year-old's death were handled properly

RACINE — The county properly responded to reports of abuse in the home of a 2-year-old who later died, county officials said Tuesday.

The Racine County Human Services Department issued a summary of its own activities, paired with an announcement by Racine County Executive Bill McReynolds that the case was properly handled. A state investigation of the case is pending.

The written summary is comprised of information from county records about the Human Services Department’s contact with Brian’s family during the summer. It outlines the department’s response to four reports made about the family in July, August and September, as follows:

— In the first report, made on July 23, someone said there was “a lot of traffic in and out of the house,â€￾ and described someone pulling on the arm of Hawes’ 7-year-old son to get him to go upstairs. The information was secondhand and did not indicate a child had suffered physical injury.

“This report was considered informational, because nothing it contained described a situation that required (Child Protective Services) intervention,â€￾ the summary stated.

— Another report came in on Aug. 25, reporting the older child had been locked in his room and that there was physical abuse to the children. The caller also said they had seen drug paraphernalia in the home. CPS then opened an investigation.

CPS went to the home unannounced on Aug. 26 and met with the mother’s boyfriend, believed to be Jessie Rodriguez, the man charged with Brian’s death. The boys were wearing shorts and no shirts and the investigator saw no injuries and they did not appear to be malnourished. Two days later, the investigator spoke with Tisa Hawes, the boys’ mother, who did not admit to hitting her children. She expressed an interest in accessing services and said she was starting counseling.

— On Sept. 6 a third report was made to HSD after-hours staff saying that the children were being locked in their rooms, that they were pulled away from windows after talking with neighbors and that they had been hit. Racine police went to the home on Sept. 7 and reported the children appeared to be all right.

— A fourth report came in on Sept. 17 indicating a third party had seen similar conditions to those previously reported. “Nothing in the Sept. 17 report indicated that either child had been recently injured or that the children were in immediate danger,â€￾ the summary said. Five days later, on Sept. 22, HSD opened a new investigation regarding the circumstances of Brian’s death.

McReynolds said the county had been statutorily prohibited from answering any questions about HSD’s involvement with this case until this summary report had been completed, and that it was further limited to only commenting on things contained within the report.

“We are confident that, especially given the limitations of state law, and given the information available to the Human Services Department, the case was properly handled,â€￾ McReynolds said.

Now, the department has asked the state to expedite its investigation into the case. The state routinely investigates deaths of children, according to a county release. That investigation will likely include a review of department records and interviews with staff that worked on the case, said Debra Jossart, director of the Racine County Human Services Department.

Officials said they could not answer questions about what kind of counseling or assistance Tisa Hawes was interested in receiving or what kinds of answers the older boy, who is now in protective custody, gave when asked about discipline in the home.

District Attorney Michael Nieskes said there were apparently none of the kinds of signs of abuse that would have triggered further action by CPS.

“We need to see physical injury substantiated,â€￾ he said. “Medical reports, observations, the parent or child (making a statement). None of those things were done.â€￾

Without that, there was little the authorities could do, he said.

“The conversations I’ve had with the staff, they indicate as far as this case, the indicators weren’t there,â€￾ McReynolds said.

At the press conference about the summary, the boy’s grandmother questioned its accuracy, asking why her calls to the agency in July were not included.

After the press conference, Nieskes and Director of Human Services Debra Jossart spoke with the woman. Nieskes said they reviewed phone logs from Human Services for July 12, a Saturday, the day the woman initially said she called, but found nothing. She later revised that date to Monday, July 14, but nothing was found for that day either, Nieskes and McReynolds said.

17705763.jpg
RACINE, Wis. -- A 27-year-old Racine woman has pleaded no contest to charges related to her 2-year-old son's death.

Tisa Hawes was charged with failing to prevent harm to a child after her 2-year-old son Brian was found dead Sept. 22. He suffocated, after reportedly being tied up with a blanket to keep him in bed.

Her boyfriend, Jessie Rodriguez, is charged with second-degree reckless homicide and two counts of child abuse.

The state will recommend she serve prison time, but will not make a specific recommendation as to how long she should serve.
http://www.wisn.com/news/19302901/detail.html

He also said he and Tisa both used combs and coat hangers to hit the children's feet when they were acting up after a friend suggested it.

How the hell does one have this conversation?

How the hell does one have this conversation?

It probably went something like this...

Tisa/Jessie: I've been beating on my kids and I think someone might notice all the marks...I don't know what to do...
Idiot friend: Hey, why don't you hit their feet, it hurts just as much but won't leave any visible marks!
Tisa/Jessie: You know what, that's a great idea...you're the best friend ever!

Fuckers...it's pretty bad when you have to resort to coming up with ways to abuse your children without leaving marks to be seen.

RACINE — If the judge could have, he would have given more prison time to a mother accused of doing nothing to prevent fatal abuse against her 2-year-old son, Brian Hawes.

“This child could have been placed in a million households and grown up to be a productive member of society,” said Judge Charles Constantine on Wednesday. “He’s dead and I’m outraged by it.”

Constantine then sentenced 27-year-old Tisa Hawes to the maximum possible sentence: three years in prison and three years on extended supervision. During that time, he said, she is not to have any contact with children under the age of 15, including her 8-year-old son, unless a juvenile judge orders it as part of the Child in Need of Protection and/or Services order currently in place for the boy.

http://www.journaltimes.com/articles/2009/05/27/local_news/doc4a1dd1c54a767495271483.txt

There would never be a cock great enough to allow anyone to hurt my son. It could be the biggest, baddest, supercock out there and I'd still chop the fucker off before I let anyone lay a hand on my kid.

I remember commenting on this on the FP when it happened. How the hell could a mother allow this to happen to her child? She deserves far worse in this life, but guarranteed she will be burning in the Seventh Circle for all eternity in the next. Shge betrayed her childs trust and love.

Rest in peace, Little Angel.

After toddler’s death, county makes changes

RACINE — When a 2-year-old boy suffocated after apparently being tied up to keep him in bed overnight, the county department investigating claims of abuse in the home said it had done nothing wrong.

“We are confident that, especially given the limitations of state law, and given the information available to the Human Services Department, the case was properly handled,â€￾ County Executive William McReynolds said at a press conference one month after Brian Hawes died.

Eight months later, the county’s position has shifted.

“I’d love to tell you we crossed all our t’s and dotted our i’s and everything was fine,â€￾ Human Services Department Director Debra Jossart told The Journal Times Thursday morning. “I can’t.â€￾

Case prompts review and change

Since Brian’s Sept. 22 death the county has taken a close look at how Child Protective Services, part of HSD, functions. Brian’s family was in the CPS system. There were four reports of suspected abuse or neglect before his death.

When investigators and police visited the home, they found nothing to substantiate the allegations. Brian’s death came almost exactly half-way through the 60-day window CPS had to find evidence to show he and his older brother were in danger. Without that evidence, there was no action the agency could take.

With hindsight, the county has come to realize that an approach that focuses less on investigation and more on assessing a family’s ability to function could do a better job at figuring out what a family really needs.

“It became obvious we should change our way of doing things,â€￾ Jossart said.

[more at link]

http://www.journaltimes.com/articles/2009/05/29/local_news/doc4a1ef2628481f012597167.txt

Use the sword, I'll join you with mine.

I dont have any weapons, but I do have long, strong nails and Im not afraid to use them! Couple that with my vicious temper and total outrage at the pathetic sentence this bitch has been given and the horrible abuse this child suffered, and I guarantee the combination will be lethal. So I'll be right there with you all!

RIP little Brian. You deserved a long and happy life, free from abuse and pain. xx

I really hope Brians older brother never has to see his 'mother' again. Ever.

Tisa Hawes told officers that the night before Brian was found dead, she took her older son to St. Luke’s Hospital for mental health treatment, where he was admitted overnight
It souns like they have already done a good job of fucking him up with their horrible abuse.

29urazb.jpg
The man accused of tying a toddler up in bed, leading to his suffocation, has pleaded guilty to a reduced charge.

Jessie Rodriguez, 28, appeared in front of Circuit Court Judge Charles Constantine Thursday morning. Rodriguez had initially been charged with second-degree reckless homicide and two counts of child abuse.
[...]

The charges against Rodriguez were reduced Thursday morning. The homicide charge was reduced to child neglect causing death, which carries the potential for a 25-year total sentence, including time in prison or on supervision. One count of child abuse was reduced to misdemeanor disorderly conduct. The second child abuse charge will be dismissed, but the judge will be able to consider those allegations when determining Rodriguez' sentence on the child neglect charge.

Constantine sentenced Rodriguez to 90 days in jail, consecutive to the prison time he is currently serving, which will keep him in the prison sentence until his sentencing on the child neglect charge. He will appear in court March 29 to be sentenced.
[...]
http://www.journaltimes.com/news/lo...cle_3a10ec92-012c-11df-8141-001cc4c03286.html

A Racine man was sentenced Thursday to seven years in prison in connection with the 2008 death of his girlfriend's 2-year-old son, who suffocated after being tied up in bed with a blanket.

Jessie Michael Rodriguez, 28, ... pleaded guilty in January to reduced charges of child neglect causing death, a felony, and one count of disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor.

The child's mother, Tisa Hawes, 28, is serving a three-year prison sentence after pleading no contest to failing to prevent child abuse.
http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/90266872.html

a shameful grand total of 10 years between the 2 of them? Shit, why even give them a sentence, that was a slap on the wrist if you ask me. Hopefully one of the immates will be in charge of tucking these bastards in their cots. Just hope that they tuck the blankie really tight around their necks. Nighty nite bastards

Back