• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
"Jessica Monell was booked into the Escambia County Jail Wednesday night.

Monell is charged with aggravated manslaughter, child neglect, and three counts of drug possession.

The Escambia County Sheriff's Office (ECSO) says the child, Joy Monell, was found dead in a white minivan around 4 p.m. Wednesday at Aqua Porta Apartments on Meadson Road.

An arrest report says the child had been with family members the day before and was picked up by Monell around 12:30 a.m. Wednesday. The document says a family member described them as "night owls," saying it's common for Monell and the child to stay up at night, and sleep during the day.

Monell had switched cars with a family member Wednesday. ECSO tells Channel 3 News Monell forgot the child was in the vehicle and went inside to sleep. When she woke up, the toddler was dead.

The report says Monell was attempting to perform CPR while on the phone with 911. It's not clear how long the child was in the minivan.

ECSO stopped short of calling it a hot car death. An autopsy was scheduled for Thursday."

News1o.jpg

"Jessica Monell was booked into the Escambia County Jail Wednesday night.

Monell is charged with aggravated manslaughter, child neglect, and three counts of drug possession.

The Escambia County Sheriff's Office (ECSO) says the child, Joy Monell, was found dead in a white minivan around 4 p.m. Wednesday at Aqua Porta Apartments on Meadson Road.

An arrest report says the child had been with family members the day before and was picked up by Monell around 12:30 a.m. Wednesday. The document says a family member described them as "night owls," saying it's common for Monell and the child to stay up at night, and sleep during the day.

Monell had switched cars with a family member Wednesday. ECSO tells Channel 3 News Monell forgot the child was in the vehicle and went inside to sleep. When she woke up, the toddler was dead.

The report says Monell was attempting to perform CPR while on the phone with 911. It's not clear how long the child was in the minivan.

ECSO stopped short of calling it a hot car death. An autopsy was scheduled for Thursday."

View attachment 15791
I always look at women who pluck their brows in this shape sideways. You can't do this to your eyebrows and be mentally stable.

Jessica Monell, 38, of Pensacola will be sentenced for Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child and Child Neglect in a child death case from 2019.

Monell’s two-year-old daughter was found dead and strapped in a minivan on April 10, 2019. Monell pleas no contest to the case stating she left the child in the car from 6 am until 3 pm when the girl was found.

After a blood screen on the scene, methamphetamine was found in Monell’s blood and officers found drug paraphernalia in the home. A blood test on the girl revealed meth in her system as well.

The medical examiner determined that the child’s cause of death was hyperthermia.

1628889178308.png
A Pensacola woman has been sentenced to prison for the death of her 2-year-old daughter in 2019 after she left the child in a hot van for more than nine hours after ingesting drugs.

Jessica Monell, 38, was sentenced to 25 years in state prison at the conclusion of an emotional sentencing hearing.

Monell previously pleaded no contest to aggravated manslaughter of a child, child neglect, aggravated child neglect and multiple charges involving possession of controlled substances.

Monell's two defense attorneys, Gene Mitchell and John Beroset, argued for a lesser punishment, but Judge Coleman Robinson ultimately sided with Assistant State Attorney Erin Ambrose's recommendation for a 25-year sentence.

A bailiff had to bring Ambrose a box of tissues Thursday in court after she began to cry while making her case, reminding the courtroom of everything in life that Monell's daughter, Joy, will now miss because of her mother's neglect.

"She will never go trick-or-treating. She will never write a letter to Santa. She will never get a driver's license. She will never graduate high school. She will never go college. She will never get the chance to have a career," Ambrose said, pausing and apologizing between her points to dab her eyes. "She will never get married or have the opportunity to one day have her own child."

Joy was found dead April 10, 2019, in Monell's van parked outside the Aqua Porta Apartments complex on Meadson Road.

That same day, Monell arrived home at the apartment at about 6 a.m., went inside to make a bed for her daughter, got distracted by doing laundry and passed out without ever going back outside to retrieve the child from the van, the judge recounted for the court before handing down his sentence.

The child was strapped in her car seat from about 6 a.m. to 3 p.m., when Monell awoke, realized what happened and rushed outside and found her daughter dead.

Monell’s blood tested positive for intoxicants that included methamphetamine, amphetamine and diazepam.

Mitchell, one of the defense attorneys, told the judge Thursday that in his entire legal career, he had never come across a person more remorseful for a crime than Monell.

Monell's other defense attorney, Beroset, also asked for leniency while reiterating his client's remorse.

"She has already received the greatest punishment that she could ever receive, and it will be with her forever. I don’t know what happens after we die, but I expect she’ll have to deal with it there, too," Beroset said.

The defense team played a recording of the nightmarish 911 call Monell made just after discovering her daughter’s body.

"I think I might have killed my daughter," Monell told a 911 dispatcher. "Oh my God! I killed her! Oh my God ... ."

The 911 dispatcher could be heard instructing Monell on how to perform CPR and telling the mother to open Joy’s mouth to look for food or vomit blocking the passage of air.

Monell responded in short sentences as she hyperventilated and sobbed through every word.

"I can't get it open," Monell said, about her daughter’s mouth. "She’s dead. Oh my God. She's gone. I hate myself. Oh my God. … I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry. Oh my baby."
Monell told the court that she had been a closeted drug addict for 20 years.

"I don't put the blame solely on the drugs," Monell said. "It was my decision to leave her in the car — because of the drugs."
In court, Robinson looked directly at Monell while he explained the reason for her sentence.

"Imagine what those nine hours were like for this child, trapped and getting worse by the moment," he said. "There was one person in the world who she could rely on and that was her mother who was too impaired and passed out to be there for her.”

Current Release Date: 04/07/2045

Current Prison Sentence History:​

Offense DateOffenseSentence DateCountyCase No.Prison Sentence Length
04/10/2019 AGG.MANSL.-CHILD 07/15/2021ESCAMBIA190216725Y 0M 0D
04/10/2019 POSSESS METHAMPHETAMINE 07/15/2021ESCAMBIA19021675Y 0M 0D
04/10/2019 POSS.CONTROL.SUBS/OTHER 07/15/2021ESCAMBIA19021675Y 0M 0D
04/10/2019 POSS.CONTROL.SUBS/OTHER 07/15/2021ESCAMBIA19021675Y 0M 0D
04/09/2019 CHILD NEGLECT 07/15/2021ESCAMBIA19021675Y 0M 0D

Back