• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
"Despite an active search for her, 41-year-old Drew Carter III, of Gary, has been charged with kidnapping and murder in her disappearance. He was scheduled to appear in Lake Superior Court at 8:30 a.m. Monday in Crown Point, Indiana.

Flores, 36, and her friend Melina Cottrell were last seen together on a Facebook Live video in February. Police found a car partially burned in Chicago with some of Flores’ items inside.

According to court documents, Flores and Cottrell saw Carter at a friend’s house, and left with him in the car. Carter and Flores ended up arguing, and he allegedly shot her with a revolver.

Cottrell was found alive and safe Friday night.

Flores’ is presumed dead, but her body has not been found."

News13.jpg

The skeletal remains of an Illinois mother-of-six have been found in Northwest Indiana woods more than 13 months after she went missing while in the company of her boyfriend and another woman.

A Gary city worker discovered a skull and other remains identified as those of Jessica Flores, 36, in the wooded area near Gary on April 9, Lake County Sheriff Oscar Martinez Jr. said.

Lake County sheriff’s deputies, Gary police and a cadaver search dog turned up additional human remains.

Dental records confirmed the identity of the remains as those of the South Chicago Heights mother, Martinez said.

Flores’ sister, Mady Perez, told Northwest Indiana Times the family were relieved that she was finally found.

'We want to thank everyone who came out to help search for my sister Jessica and have kept her in prayers,' she said. 'We will not stop until we get justice for my sister. Her children and my mother deserve this. My sister is now free.'

Flores disappeared in Gary in late February 2019 along with Melina Cottrell, 26, who was later found alive.

Police conducted multiple searches for Flores last year with drones, helicopters, all-terrain vehicles and cadaver dogs after a car belonging to her boyfriend, 41-year-old Drew 'Tiny' Carter III, was found torched in South Chicago Heights, with blood in the backseat and some of her belongings inside.

Carter was charged in March 2019 with murder, kidnapping and criminal confinement in connection to Flores' disappearance and presumed death after a witness told police that he shot the woman during an argument over sex.

n one version of events, Carter allegedly shot Flores with a revolver in the backseat of his car because she would not let him have sex with the witness, while in another version he killed her for refusing to have sex with him.

Shortly before Carter's trial was set to get under way last September, the Lake County Prosecutor's Office dropped the charges against him because the Indiana State Police had not had the time to prepare all the evidence for trial.

The judge dismissed the charges without prejudice, which would allow prosecutors to refile them in the future.

Back