• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Keepalowprofile

cruisercrimescenetape.jpeg

The youngest child was an infant and the oldest was 3 years old, WTVM-TV of Columbus reported
]•••]
The mother was identified as Jerriciah Spellman, the report said.

The circumstances leading to the deaths were not immediately clear but the bodies were found on a mattress inside the apartment, police told the station.

There was no immediate indication that a suspect had been identified in connection with the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fighting over the correct spelling or Jerricurl...um Jurrispredence, Jerrimajobo, Jookamooka, Julia Child's, Jujubes...hmmmm...

Aw fukit.
Stupid ass name

Drugs.

FA10B4D3-7AF6-4987-98DE-EBE3A7F7A020.jpeg

“Officers received information to come into this area concerning possible individuals being deceased. Upon arrival they (officers) did find four individuals that are deceased.”

At this time, Police say they are searching for a person of interest but have not yet named any suspects in the quadruple homicide.

full

A 29-year-old mother and three young children were found fatally stabbed Wednesday night inside an apartment in Columbus, Ga., according to a report.

The youngest child was an infant and the oldest was 3 years old, WTVM-TV of Columbus reported.

The mother was identified as Jerrica Spellman, the report said.

The circumstances leading to the deaths were not immediately clear but the bodies were found on a mattress inside the apartment, police told the station.

The man accused of killing his wife and three children was arrested was arrested 14 months ago on a domestic violence charge against Jerrica Spellman.
Travane Brandon Jackson was arrested in May 2018, according to Muscogee County state court records.
[...]
The case was deferred adjudication in July of last year, pending Jackson attending anger management classes. He also had to pay $140 in court fees.
There was no resolution of the case.
Spellman told police at the time that he pushed her down. Jackson admitted to police to pushing her, and said she hit her face on a table.

She looks great for having three kids. Poor lady, poor little ones.

I expected a baby murderer to be a metaphorical psycho, not that he’d literally look like a psycho. Hang him from his scrote until it tears, then hang him by the neck

Brandon Jackson’s three children saw him stab their mother to death before he turned the knife on them, saying “I love you” and killing them one by one as the mother lay dying on the floor, watching.

He next stabbed their 2-year-old son King, in the neck and chest, and then their infant daughter, Khristian, only a month old.

The last to die was his 1-year-old daughter Kensley, his favorite.
The reports on that probe became public record when police closed the case following Jackson’s suicide Dec. 30, when he hanged himself in his Muscogee County Jail cell.

The dynamics leading to the homicides offer insight into family violence, which remains a prevalent and pressing problem: Eleven of Columbus’ 41 homicides in 2019 were related to it.

The investigation reveals why Jackson decided to kill his children after their mother, and cites the factors that led to Columbus’ most deadly family violence of 2019.
The police interview
“I did it, OK? I killed all of them,” a shackled, shirtless Jackson confessed the next morning to Detective Stuart Carter in a room at police headquarters.

“I did it. I did it. I killed them all,” he repeated, softly. “I wasn’t thinking clearly.”

It was 3:48 a.m., about seven hours after Jackson was arrested, and 14 hours after the homicides likely occurred.

Police could not question him earlier because he was incoherent, having downed whole bottles of over-the-counter painkillers such as ibuprofen and Advil PM, trying to kill himself.

The first police recordings at 11:22 p.m. show him alone in the interview room, wearing only blue shorts, with shackles on his wrists and ankles. Wild-eyed and staring, he strains against his restraints, sniffling and shaking his head to clear it.

Before he killed Jerrica and their children, he may have ingested heroin, for which he used the street name “fatboy,” according to a cousin who gave him a ride that day.

When investigators started questioning him about 3 a.m., Jackson gave vague answers, claiming Jerrica left that day with a friend, and he didn’t know where she went with the kids.

Asked about cuts and scrapes on his neck and chest, he claimed they came from mosquito bites he had scratched, before telling detectives he had been “playing rough with my baby’s mama.”

He continued to dodge questions from Detectives Matt Sitler and Dexter Wysinger, until Carter came in and told him four dead bodies were in his apartment, and asked what led to that.

“Arguments,” Jackson said.

What did she say that made him angry?

“Just be talking about me,” he said. “She tell me she got her a new dude…. She started arguing with me in the kids’ room.”

Only when Carter kept asking where he got the knife did Jackson finally admit he came home from work after 2 p.m., and got into a fight with Jerrica. Each of them grabbed knives before he took hers away and started stabbing her, he said.

“She was fighting back,” he said. “I just kept doing it until she stopped fighting back…. After I stabbed her the first time, I just kept going.”
Why did Brandon Jackson kill his kids?
Soon Carter asked the question the homicides left many wondering:

Why did he kill the children?

“I didn’t want nobody to have my kids,” Jackson said. Once he killed their mother, he knew neither parent would be there for them: “I knew she couldn’t do it because she’s already dead. I knew I couldn’t do it because I was fixing to go to jail.”

He gave more details in an interview two days later.

“I looked at my kids and told them I loved them and I killed them,” he said.

Was Jerrica still alive?

“She was still talking…. She said she loved us and she was sorry for everything. And that was it.”

Asked again about killing the kids, he repeated, “Like I said, I don’t want nobody raising my kids. I don’t like it if someone else disciplines my kids.”

In April 2020, News Leader 9 received body camera footage and recorded interviews confirming police’s statement that Jackson had confessed his crimes to them.

“I did it okay, I killed all of them. I did it.” Jackson is seen saying on video cameras inside an interview room. “I killed them all. I wasn’t thinking clearly, wasn’t myself, a lot going on through my head. I did. I did it. I did. I don’t want nobody having my kids.”
(L-R): Jerrica Spellman, Kensley Jackson, King Jackson, Khristian Jackson

(L-R): Jerrica Spellman, Kensley Jackson, King Jackson, Khristian Jackson

27-year-old Travane Brandon Jackson was never tried for his alleged crimes, however, because in December 2019, he was found dead from an apparent suicide in his cell at the Muscogee County Jail.

Attachments

• 1600361470133.png
    1600361470133.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
Back