• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

EchaSez

Hope is the thing with feathers.
11/01/17

A 20-year-old Ohio man accused of killing a popular middle school teacher was supposed to marry her daughter four days after the slaying, and served as a pallbearer at the murder victim's funeral.

Jeffrey Scullin Jr. had been living in the Strongsville home where the body of 49-year-old Melinda Pleskovic was discovered on Oct. 24. She was found with stab wounds to her back, and a medical examiner said she died of "gunshot wounds and sharp force injuries."

Scullin and Anna Pleskovic were supposed to be married on Saturday, according to an online registry. Instead, Scullin helped carry the casket at her mother's funeral on the same day, according to WKYC.

Both Scullin and the victim's father spoke with a 911 operator after discovering the body...

ohio2n-4-web.jpg

Jeffrey Scullin Jr. was charged with aggravated murder on Tuesday.
(STRONGSVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT)

"I just got in the door with my new son-in-law," Bruce Pleskovic told a dispatcher.

"We just came home, she's on the kitchen floor," Scullin said during the phone call, according to Cleveland.com...

When asked if her husband had attacked her, Scullin said, "no, no no, we just came home, we just came home,"...

ohio2n-2-web.jpg

Melinda Pleskovic was murdered in an Ohio home last week.
(FACEBOOK)

Scullin was being held on a $1 million bond after being charged with aggravated murder on Tuesday.

Authorities would not say whether Scullin was connected to attempted break-ins and suspicious activities that took place at the home in the months leading up to the killing.

Police looked into a report that an unknown man tried to enter the home through the back door just a few days before Pleskovic was killed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/man-charged-teacher-slaying-marry-daughter-article-1.3604324

Last edited:
His face puts me off my waffles.
Who in hell would wanna marry THAT?

Last edited:
A man charged with shooting and stabbing his future mother-in-law to death in Ohio has pleaded no contest to all charges on the first day of his trial.

Jeffrey Scullin, 20, allegedly stabbed and shot Melinda Pleskovic inside her Strongsville home on the night of October 23, 2017, then joined the victim’s unsuspecting husband for dinner at an Applebee’s, where his bride worked as a waitress.

Scullin later called 911 to report finding Pleskovic, 49, lying dead in a pool of blood and even acted as a pallbearer at the woman’s funeral, three days before he was arrested for her murder.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...uture-mother-law-pleads-no-contest-trial.html

Since this was bumped...….
29Oct2018

[…]
Scullin was given life in prison with the possibility of parole after 33 years for the death of his future mother-in-law, 49-year-old Melinda Pleskovic.
[…]
A motive for the killing was not clearly expressed, but prosecutors said Scullin's credit card was declined 14 times when he tried to pay for his wedding venue. The venue sent an email to Melinda Pleskovic stating that the wedding would be canceled due to lack of payment. Prosecutors say Melinda Pleskovic had planned to confront Scullin about the matter the day before she was murdered.

Back