• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
HENDERSON, Nev. (AP) — Authorities in Nevada say a 63-year-old man died after being pulled from a basement crawl space where he ignited a house fire with a torch he was using to exterminate bugs.

The Clark County coroner on Tuesday identified the dead man as Jeff Long of Henderson.

Henderson city spokeswoman Kathleen Richards says a woman and a dog escaped unharmed and firefighters quickly doused the fire after arriving a little after 6 p.m. Monday to find light smoke at the one-story house.
[....]
Investigators determined that Long ignited unspecified combustible materials with the propane torch in the crawl space.

Damage to the home was estimated at about $60,000.

I'll definitely use kerosene for yellow jackets, but they're underground and shit, not in my friggin' house. What a maroon.

ETA: The fuck is his obituary gonna say? "Jeff Long, loving husband and father, went to be with the Lord after a short battle with insects."?

Back