• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A New Orleans mother died after a carjacker threw her out of her own vehicle and ran her over, as her distraught children stood by helplessly.

Jeannot Plessy, 49, died on Tuesday night in Gentilly just moments after going on a date night with her Christian pastor husband David Plessy.

Her distraught family had pleaded for Plessy's killer to come forward before New Orleans Police revealed on Saturday that they had arrested three teenagers over the deadly carjacking.

Police said the carjacker approached Plessy when she was getting out of her car in her daughter's driveway.

The mother was thrown to the ground after a struggle before Plessy's son-in-law tried to pull the carjacker from the car.

The carjacker reversed the car at a high speed and ran over an already injured Plessy.

Plessy died in hospital soon after from her injuries.

Police later found the stolen vehicle and processed it for evidence as they sought Plessy's attacker.

Jontrell Robinson, 17, has since been charged with second-degree murder and carjacking.

Edwin Cottrell, 18, and an unnamed juvenile were also charged with being principals to both second-degree murder and carjacking.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6451797/New-Orleans-woman-killed-carjacker-ran-over.html
1543797814155.png
1543797862540.png

Cottrell and Robinson plead guilty to manslaughter. Cottrell is looking at 30 years, Robinson at 12.
Jontrell Robinson, 18, and Edwin Cottrell, 19, each pleaded guilty to a count of manslaughter and other criminal charges in the death of Jeannot Plessy, 49, who police said was run over with her own car by Robinson, when he, Cottrell and Robinson's younger brother were trying to steal it.

Under the terms of a plea deal, Robinson is expected to receive a 30-year prison sentence while Cottrell faces 12 years, according to Orleans Parish District Attorney’s Office spokesman Ken Daley. They had each originally been charged with murder.

HUH????

They intentionally thrw a woman out of her car and ran her over??? How is that manslaughter??????

Wow. If i were the victims family i would not have permitted that pleadeal. Wonder if they were consulted.

Sickening the govt would allow these shits to get away with it. Both should neve rstep foot outside of a cage. Sickening.

Two teenagers accused of killing a New Orleans pastor’s wife during a carjacking were sentenced Monday under a plea deal in which they previously agreed to prison time for manslaughter.

Jontrell Robinson, 18, was sentenced to 30 years in prison, while Edwin Cottrell, 19, was sentenced to 12 years in the killing of Jeannot Plessy in November 2018.

The defendants avoided a second-degree murder trial with the plea agreements. They also pleaded guilty to attempted second-degree murder, simple robbery, and conspiracy to obstruct justice.

The 14-year-old suspect pleaded guilty to his role in Plessy’s killing in juvenile court and was sentenced to six months in prison and 18 months parole.

Last edited:
Ah, I see! So this is a somewhat recent thing, and in a sense you could say that the 'success' of the court system has become like a runaway train. heh!

district-court-chart.jpg

also

As part of his research, Tidcombe interviewed Judge Joseph Rodriguez, a District Court judge who sits in Camden County. At age 89, he could have retired years ago but continues serving.

Ugh wtf, I would want a fresher judge if I had a choice, not something geriatric and older than most living grandparents in the world! Sorry if ageist, but that's pushing reasonability.

Last edited:
Back