• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A 34-year-old Gainesville woman was arrested after leaving her young child on a Regional Transit System bus in the care of a homeless man she’d met the day before, police said.

An RTS driver called Gainesville police after she became concerned about a woman who repeatedly got on and off her bus, saying she was looking for her 2-year-old son.

Another RTS driver said he had seen the woman and an older man on the bus with a small child, but that the woman got off about 2 p.m., leaving the child with the man, an arrest report said.

Police said they found Jamie Louise Hudson in an area known for drug sales and prostitution. She initially told an officer she was on her way to pick up her child, then said she didn’t know where he was.

She later explained she’d left the child with a man she knew only as “JP,” the report said.

An officer later found the boy with a man at a gas station, who explained that Hudson had left the child with him on the bus saying she needed to go to work.

He didn’t call police because he didn’t want to get Hudson in trouble.

Upon Hudson’s arrest, police realized she had been clenching a metal pipe used to smoke crack cocaine in her hand during their entire interaction.

The Department of Children and Families took the child into their care.

Last edited:
Oh wow.
Reminds me of this one time (I'm bad about that) I was driving around in my gramas golf cart with my friend and stopped at his friend's house and she was out front gardening in a big white t-shirt with a cigarette between her index and middle finger and a meth pipe between her last 2 fingers waving her hand around as she was talking to us like it was nothing, then up came a mailman bringing her mail and he rolled his eyes and was like here you go ma'am have a good one and went a long his merry way. Guess he was used to it. 2nd nicest tweaker I've ever met though (sorry I used to run around and do that shit) Irrelevant probably, this chick just made me think of her.

With the price of child care these days, plus the apparent number of licensed day care providers dosing kids with benadryl, tying them up with shoelaces and leaving them in closets all day, shaking them, letting their 8 year olds murder babies while they go party..... meh? At least the kid was safe? I say get her some rehab and a decent job.

As a former addict I never wanted my kids with me when I was fucking up and the guilt was tremendous sobering up.. most addicts faced abuse and loss.. I did.. I never did any of this sketchy shit.. I took them to people I knew I could trust and I knew loved them (my parents) they had everything they needed .. everything.. and I always gave my dad at least 100 bucks for food not including what I brought., I was never out more than 3 days and I always returned my dads calls.. people who are totally off the deep end like this with no support system tend to fall back in old habits easily and I want to think she would change but my mind tells me even clean so much has happened it’s a lost cause

I doubt there’s much hope for recovery if she’s been frying her brain with crack.

I had to supervise a crack addict once— my words would go in her head and just float out the other side.

Back