• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Two people have been arrested and officially charged in the death of a 6-month-old baby from Carrollton, Illinois.

The Greene County State's Attorney's office arrested and charged Jamia H. Ellis, 22, in the death of her 6-month-old son on Friday. A friend of Ellis', Ryan L. Wheeler, was also arrested in connection with the boy's death.

Ellis was arrested on two counts of first-degree murder and one count of concealment of a homicidal death. Wheeler faces charges of concealment of a homicidal death.

The Greene County State's Attorney reports that on November 2, Ellis allegedly caused blunt force trauma to the infant resulting in his death.

It is also alleged that Ellis, along with Ryan L. Wheeler, 34, concealed the body of the infant in a shallow grave in a wooded area near the home.

The two allegedly wrapped the baby in a sheet, placed him in a trash bag, and buried the bag with the baby inside in the ground within a wooded area, east of Carrollton, Illinois.

Ellis and her 6-month-old son were reported missing on Saturday, November 24.

While searching for the two, law enforcement was directed to the 100 block of East Cemetery Road in Carrollton, Illinois where the mother was found alive.

Wednesday afternoon police found the 6-month-old's body in a nearby wooded area.
https://newschannel20.com/news/local/illinois-mother-charged-in-6-month-old-sons-death
1543681423907.png

Isn't that sweet he would do anything for love.... Or at least pussy.
What a whip scumbag he is as her her she's a monster too!
Bury them both alive.

"I'm still probably a little numb," said Jamia's father, who did not wish to use his name. "I've had my angry moments and my sadness and my feelings hurt; just a little bit of everything."

Jamia's father said she had battled depression in the past and had been struggling with postpartum depression. He believes that played a big role in this tragedy.

"I don't think under normal circumstances she could have done this. But with the way postpartum has affected a lot of women nowadays, this could happen to anybody," he said.

Jamia's father said he's turning to God for support.

"I find peace knowing because I'm a believer knowing that Jabari is with the Lord right now," he said.

Jamia's family said Wheeler has been Jamia's boyfriend for some time and that he lived at the home on East Cemetery Road.
https://kplr11.com/2018/11/30/charges-filed-in-the-death-of-baby-found-in-rural-green-county/

Postpartum depression is real but 6 months after the birth? By then it should be getting a little better— the baby should be sleeping through the night. I don’t know...

Having a history of depression and suffering from postpartum will be a mitigating factor in deciding her punishment.

I would be interested to know if these two were using drugs and if he suffered from mental health issues as well.

August 13, 2019
A Carrollton man charged with concealing a homicide in connection with the death of a 6-month-old boy has requested permission to seek treatment for substance abuse.

Ryan Wheeler, 35, filed a motion during a July 30 pre-trial conference asking the Greene County Sheriff’s Department for permission to contact Gateway Foundation Alcohol and Drug Treatment Center in Springfield about treatment.

Wheeler was charged in connection with the death of an infant who was reported missing in November. The baby’s body later was found wrapped in a sheet inside a trash bag and buried in a shallow grave in a wooded area near Wheeler’s house

During a pre-trial conference, Wheeler — an Army veteran and Army Reservist — filed a motion requesting that his case be transferred to a Veterans Service and Members Court in the Seventh Judicial Circuit of Illinois. The court, designed to recognize the potentially unique problems facing veterans, has a drug and substance abuse treatment program and a structured judicial intervention process for treatment.

Wheeler later filed a motion requesting that he be admitted into one of two treatment facilities in Peoria — the men’s division of Teen Challenge or Knoll’s Center for Change.
Wheeler’s bail previously was reduced from $750,000 to $500,000. He must pay 10%, or $50,000, to post bond.

Last edited:
Greene County State's Attorney Caleb Briscoe announced that on August, 11, 2020, Ryan Wheeler pleaded guilty of concealment of a homicidal death.

“We wanted to act swiftly upon learning that Wheeler may have been involved in the murder. Based upon the Illinois State Police’s preliminary investigation, we felt comfortable bringing the more serious charges at the time. Upon further review, however, we felt that the newfound evidence was simply not credible, unreliable, and otherwise incapable of convicting Wheeler of murder. I have a legal and moral obligation to only present credible evidence in court. I'm satisfied that the plea reflects our confidence that the facts supported the charge against and ultimate conviction of Wheeler." - Greene County State's Attorney Briscoe

Wheeler was to be sentenced on 11/16/20
An Alton woman will spend 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to drug-induced homicide in the death of her infant son, whose body was found in a shallow grave near Carrollton.

The reported disappearance of Jamia Ellis, 24, of Alton and her 6-month-old son, Jabari, sparked an intense search by law enforcement authorities in November 2018.

Five days after the report, Jabari’s body was found wrapped in a sheet inside a trash bag and buried in a shallow grave in woods near a house on East Cemetery Road in rural Carrollton.

Ellis was scheduled to go on trial Monday. She pleaded guilty to drug-induced homicide and was sentenced by Greene Circuit Judge James Day to 20 years in prison followed by three years of parole. Because of the severity of the charge, she could have been sentenced to 15 to 30 years.

From Jan. 12, 2021
Ryan L. Wheeler, 36, was sentenced last week to five years in the Illinois Department of Corrections and one year of mandatory supervised release in connection with the death of 6-month-old Jabari Ellis in late 2018.

Wheeler’s co-defendant, Jamia Ellis, 24, who is Jabari’s mother, was sentenced to 20 years in the Department of Corrections and three years of mandatory supervised release after pleading guilty in August to drug-induced homicide.

Latest posts

Back