• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
Police say Ivory Washington, 40, was sitting at a booth at Akebono 515 in Des Moines on Tuesday evening when he built the explosive device, reported the Des Moines Register.

Restaurant owner Nam Tram said he and other employees saw Washington acting strangely but they just ignored it.

In fact, Tram told the newspaper that when he saw Washington testing various wall outlets, he thought the customer was just charging his phone.

'He said his motive was frustration that people in our society don't care about safety,' Des Moines police Sgt Paul Parizek told the Register.

'And he was making a point that he could construct a device in public without anyone calling the police.'

Washington may have been right because police were called to the restaurant at 6.40pm by Washington himself.

He initially told police that the IED was fake, but testing from a bomb squad confirmed it to be real.

'The device was an operable improvised explosive device. It would have detonated had he chosen to do so, and the potential of an accidental detonation existed as the device could have exploded if exposed to static electricity,' Sgt Parizek told MUNCHIES.

'Following their diagnostic testing, the Des Moines Police Department Bomb Squad did detonate a sample of the explosive from the device. The device was legit.'

Parizek said Washington told them he tried the same thing in a suburb earlier in a day but no one called police on him.

If the device had detonated, anyone within a 25-foot radius could have been injured and within 10 feet could have been killed, according to authorities.

Washington is currently being held at the Polk County Jail on a $25,000 cash bond.

He has been charged with possession of an explosive or incendiary material with intent. His next court date is set for January 25.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...avior-then-calls-police-on-himself/ar-BBSuzjr

Not sure what he thinks he has proven exactly? That if one is brazen enough not to care what people see, they will assume there is nothing hinky going on? That is not exactly news.

It is shocking to me an Asian restuarant of all places would have let this slide. THe ones ive eaten at were far more strictly run, can tell the owners/management DESPISES when people even have crying loud children in there. Usually a lot more care regard for the going ons of the establishment.

.... Ivory Washington, 40, was sitting at a booth at Akebono 515 in Des Moines on Tuesday evening when he built the explosive device ....

My first thought was "what's a fucking crazy white guy doing with a black name", boy was I wrong

1548092474164.png

Back