• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
It was love at first sight between Jason Coronado and Ernie.

Coronado is a UPS driver. Ernie is a pitbull-terrier mix and was living in the Buffalo City Animal Shelter.

Coronado was never really planning on getting a dog, but then fate intervened on Oct. 5. While he was delivering packages, Ernie literally jumped into his life.

"Called him up to the truck and he pretty much just hopped up in, and I was like, OK," he said.

Ernie refused to leave the truck.

"He hopped up and just sat there and did not want to leave."

Eventually Ernie did get out, and Coronado went on his way. However, it got him thinking about bringing Ernie into his life for good.

He discussed it with his family, and everyone was on board. Two days ago, the Coronado's adopted Ernie.

"I wanted him to have a good home."

Ernie follows Coronado all over the house, no training necessary.

"He likes to sleep and lounge and he likes to eat treats and he's just a big lap dog."
https://www.news4jax.com/lifestyle/ups-driver-adopts-shelter-dog-after-unlikely-meeting
1543280362331.png

How dangerous to take a breed like this in without knowing anything about its history. HOpefully no one in this family is mauled to death

So it's all fun hugs and pets until the dog decides it wants to eat a human.
I would be somewhat reluctant to just bring a stray and like that particularly that breed. Hope it doesn't turn out to be a real mistake that cost a life

He knows the dog better than you, so maybe it's your judgement that is misplaced.

The multitude of stories on this site where a beloved, trusted rescue pitt mauled a family member horrifically featured owners who at one point also felt they knew the dog perfectly.

Back