• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sue sue

Take 6
56FE1622-D17B-4A9C-9C91-00BBCAE7B81E.jpeg
Beaches in the Cape of been closed right and left for shark sighting but little has been mentioned about beaches being unsafe because of too much shit contamination.
Over 200 beaches had fecal bacteria contamination exceeding the threshold set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Fecal bacteria comes from sewage and can cause a variety of illnesses. Septis anyone?
So don’t worry about the sharks worry about that gulp of water you swallowed at the beach.

[GALLERY=media, 1902][/GALLERY]

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, they test the waters just about every day. If you went before the beach was closed, it's not a health issue.

The group supports a bill making its way through the Massachusetts legislature requiring sewage operators to announce all sewage discharges.

They really need to look this shit up before wasting their time....

On page 6 of this document, it shows where all the shit overflows when it rains. You HAVE to have a permit to discharge sewage into water. Septic systems are minimal to begin with, and also need extensive permitting if they're going to be near water now (although older systems remain). It is literally ALL public record, but sure, petition for "new legislation" if you really feel like it I guess. Sludge discharge to the Harbor has been banned since 1991, but is still in major rivers. This is common knowledge, don't know why a few select Massholes are acting like it's a a hidden agenda.

Untitled-1.png

If it's raining heavily, expect sewage in the water. If it's been especially hot out, expect bacteria in the water (from people shitting in ponds). Expect sewage near the mouths of any major river, and downstream of all municipal treatment facilities. My city does discharge overflow to the river and they do issue public warnings (if you follow that kind of stuff, which I do). All public beaches in this state perform regular water quality testing so when the bacteria levels reach an unsafe level, it's just a google away.

That is pretty shitty it's abnormally high in the oceans though. Usually lakes and ponds have this issue but that's largely because too many sweaty, pissy people makes water fucking disgusting, too. God bless pools and all their chloriney goodness.

In San Diego we dealt with this every time it rained (probably still does). Runoff from the Tijuana River would close the choice surf beaches (South Mission, OB and occasionally La Jolla/Black's). Unfortunately, right after a storm was usually the best time to catch the good waves.

I went in a few times but generally avoided it. Interesting coincidence though ~ By the time I hit my 30's I tried looking up my old surf friends only to find out that a good chunk of them ended up with some form of hepatitis and/or a small host of various heavy metal poisonings.

Made me think that the ridicule I endured for not going in was worth it...

In San Diego we dealt with this every time it rained (probably still does). Runoff from the Tijuana River would close the choice surf beaches (South Mission, OB and occasionally La Jolla/Black's). Unfortunately, right after a storm was usually the best time to catch the good waves.

I went in a few times but generally avoided it. Interesting coincidence though ~ By the time I hit my 30's I tried looking up my old surf friends only to find out that a good chunk of them ended up with some form of hepatitis and/or a small host of various heavy metal poisonings.

Made me think that the ridicule I endured for not going in was worth it...
The kicker is that Tijuana sewage was so bad that the US finally built a treatment plant for the city of Tijuana with US taxpayer's money.

Last edited:
Back