• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
UniversalThemeParksistock.jpg

A recent visitor to Universal’s theme parks is popping his top about their “unlimited” soda stipulations.

Luis Arnaud, from New York City, has filed a class action lawsuit against NBCUniversal over what he feels is a “deceptive” business practice regarding Universal Orlando’s offer of unlimited soda refills from the parks’ Coca-Cola Freestyle machines.

Arnaud, who filed the suit on Thursday, claims he was denied his “unlimited” sodas during a visit to Islands of Adventure and Volcano Bay back in July, alleging that he purchased a refillable Coca-Cola Freestyle cup for $16.99 under the understanding that he would be entitled to “unlimited” refills, the New York Post reports.

He also reactivated the deal for the following day, at a cost of $8.99, using the same cup. The special cups are fitted with microchips to prevent usage on multiple days, and only reactivate on subsequent days for the $8.99 fee, Bloomberg reports.

However, during his two days at the park, Arnaud claims he was denied a second refill after “quenching his thirst,” and was told he would have to wait 10 minutes between each refill.

“Hi. You are not quite ready to fill up,” read a message displayed by the machines after Arnaud attempted to refill his cup twice within ten minutes, according to the Post, citing photos provided with the lawsuit.

Full Story:

It does seem kind of sneaky but I guarantee the 10 min ‘waiting period’ was listed somewhere in the fine print when he initially purchased the cup-

But keep your chins up Luis- there’s a good chance you’ll be able to sue Coca Cola again for not warning you that consuming 16oz of sugar every 10 mins would leave you fat, toothless & diabetic!?

I don't think I've ever finished my drink. I just don't need huge gulps of fluid to get my food down. I bring a 19.5 oz bottle of sweet tea to work on Monday and it lasts all week.

I drink a lot of water. I love water. I drink iced tea a lot in the summer. I drink soda now and then when I get a craving. I don't think I could drink 16oz of soda in 10 minutes. Water, yes. Carbonated beverage, not so much. A 10 minute wait does not seem unreasonable, if only to prevent greedy people from cheating by sharing one cup among their entire family.

I have to admit I've gotten hooked on pineapple juice with a little Seagram's Ginger Ale, and it has to be Seagram's with real ginger.

full

Except I get the 6.5 oz cans. I drink water all day, but I like some flavor with meals.

I used to like Vernor's Ginger Ale a helluva lot, but they took the bite out of it at some point. I've had to substitute Reed's Ginger Beer for it. That got me carded for the first time in a helluva long time.

--Al

I've had to substitute Reed's Ginger Beer
How does Ginger Beer compare to Ginger Ale in your mind? I love Ginger Ale, but oh my gosh, Ginger Beer and Ginger Ale ARE NOT the same thing. I tried it once, when I was eleven and somehow reasoned out that Ginger Beer must be South Africa's version of Root Beer. The four American kids were SO wrong! After the spluttering, wheezing and gagging died down and a crowd of people were laughing at us, those cans made the dustbin in record time. I haven't been brave enough to try it again,,, :shame:

Last edited:
Back