• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Iowa police say a 2-year-old boy died after a man sat on the child for allegedly taking his cellphone.

31-year-old Larry Murphy is charged with first-degree murder and child endangerment resulting in death. He's jailed on more than $1 million bail.

Police allege the boy's mother says Murphy was staying with her and her sons at a Council Bluffs motel when he became angry at the 2-year-old for taking his cellphone. She says he sat on the boy for around 20 seconds on a motel bed.

Police say Murphy is 6 feet (1.8 meters) tall and weighs 160 pounds (72.6 kilograms).

The boy became unresponsive. Investigators say he was pronounced dead at a hospital where a doctor noticed signs of asphyxiation.

Post automatically merged:

Authorities spoke with the boy's mother and learned that Murphy was the children's primary disciplinarian because the mother has cerebral palsy.

Murphy is not the victim's biological father, but he and his girlfriend have a nine-month-old son together.

Friday morning, Oburu took Murphy's cellphone and to punish the toddler, the man — listed at 6 feet tall and 160 pounds — sat on the child, who was on a bed in the motel room.

Murphy was on the boy for "about 20 seconds," the mother said, according to police.

"She said her son initially was moaning during this and then became quiet," the criminal complaint states. "She assumed (Oburu) was going to go back to sleep as Larry covered him up with the bed comforter and left the room to pay their motel rent."

The boy's mother said he heard the boy wheezing, but could not check on him because of her physical condition.

Twenty minutes later, the man returned and examined the boy, who was still under the blanket, but did not appear to be breathing, court records show. Murphy called his sister for help; she drove from Bellevue, Nebraska, to pickup the child, and the two headed for a hospital.

Attachments

• Larry_Murphy.jpg
    Larry_Murphy.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 1,112
Last edited:
Another idiot who calls someone other than 911 in a life and death situation. His sister who drives from Nebraska and then to the hospital. How much time lost? Could the poor kid have survived if an ambulance arrived? Bad enough he sat on the poor defenseless 2 year old but perhaps he could've survived if this guy wasn't such a fucking moron.

Another idiot who calls someone other than 911 in a life and death situation. His sister who drives from Nebraska and then to the hospital. How much time lost? Could the poor kid have survived if an ambulance arrived? Bad enough he sat on the poor defenseless 2 year old but perhaps he could've survived if this guy wasn't such a fucking moron.
They're in Council Bluffs, IA & the sister is in Bellevue, NE. According to Google maps it is about a 20 minute drive, but emergency services would have been there within 5 minutes.
Post automatically merged:

How in the actual fuck does he have a bail amount at all? I know he'll never come up with the 10% but still. I'm raising a glass if we find out some 450 pound guy sits on his head.

Last edited:
So the woman couldn't provide a home, clearly had a shithole choice in men, couldn't check on him, couldn't work either I assume, and she can't 'take care of his needs'. At this point what kind of fucked up excuse for a 'mother' is she??? If I couldn't provide basic care nor financial support for my kid, you need to be real with yourself and look for another situation for yourself and your child. And if that can't be arranged, then maybe just find a better situation for your child so your stupidass dick of the month doesn't kill him.
So she can't do shit for her son but she can fuck her boyfriend? Huh, maybe it's just the way I do it, but sex is pretty fucking physical. Children aren't fucking pets, they don't deserve a bowl of food on the floor, they deserve protection and love.
This bitch killed her son, she's just as guilty as the dude.

I waited and no one commented on the fact that this worthless P O S of a mother said:

She allows her boyfriend to discipline the child because she has cerebral palsy.

She also was unable to check on the moaning child because of her condition

But she is sure is able to fuck and have another baby.

I am sure if and when she is charged her next excuse for allowing her baby to be brutalized will be that she was abused and the man she allowed in her child's life controlled her.

Oh Larry you can look forward to this woman allowing the next man to discipline your child.

There are various levels of severity in cerebral palsy. My son grew up with a kid whose palsy was pretty mild, and he played football and was active despite his limp.

I also call bullshit on the 20 minute account. Really, no discipline was needed at all in the case of a 2-yr-old grabbing a phone. They can't help it. It's what 2-yr-olds do while exploring their world, and they can see how attached we are to those phones and want to do what we do.

Back