• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.wlox.com/story/33307530/...icers-on-paid-leave-after-death-of-3-year-old
HANCOCK COUNTY, MS (WLOX) -

We now know the names of the two Long Beach police officers placed on paid leave while the Hancock County Sheriff’s Office investigates the death of a child.

Glenn Grannon, with the sheriff’s department, said Clark Ladner and Cassie Barker were placed on administrative leave after 3-year-old Cheyenne Hyer died Friday. Sheriff Ricky Adam confirmed Barker is Cheyenne’s mother.

Investigators believe Cassie Barker was visiting Clark Ladner at his home when she left her child in a patrol car for around four hours. Ladner's neighbors say they're stunned.
[....]
Hancock County Sheriff's investigators are looking into a prior incident involving Barker having her child taken away by DHS.

"The autopsy was done this morning and we haven't got the results yet," Hancock County Sheriff Ricky Adam said. "We are looking into some possible previous allegations. It is an active investigation. It hasn't been determined which way we will go, but it doesn't look good. We'll see which way the evidence takes us."

Glenn Grannon with the Hancock County Sheriff's Department said the cause of death appears to be overheating, even though the A/C was running in the patrol car when police found it Friday afternoon.

As for the Long Beach Police Department, Chief Wayne McDowell said the death is being investigated as an "internal matter with his officers."

Hancock County Coroner Jim Faulk said Cheyenn’s body was sent to the state medical examiner’s office in Pearl on Monday morning for an autopsy. He expects to have those results sometime this week.
12047820_G.jpg

Do you think the male officer knew she left the baby in the car? If so then she had probably done it many times before, only this time it didn't work out.

The woman and the baby's father were not together. From this article.
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...e-mom-visited-fellow-police-officer/91467696/
Ryan Hyer raised daughter Cheyenne for the first two years of her life while he and Cassie Barker, her mother, were together.

Hyer said he watched Cheyenne while Barker worked and attended the police academy. When Hyer and Cassie Barker broke up, Hyer went back to his home state of Florida.

"I went from being there continuously to not seeing her at all," he said.

vW8K4Eg.jpg

http://www.journal-news.com/news/ne...ho-died-alone-mothers-police-car-descr/nskMf/

The father of a 3-year-old Mississippi girl who died Friday after being left unattended in a patrol car by her police officer mother described his daughter as the “funniest, happiest little girl ever.”

Ryan Hyer told the Clarion-Ledger Monday that his world was upended when he learned that his daughter, Cheyenne Hyer, was dead.

“I lost all feeling,” Hyer told the newspaper. “I couldn’t speak, I couldn’t breathe, then I was flat-out crying. After that, I just was angry, and I went in the backyard and started beating up the shed.”

Cheyenne was pronounced dead Friday at a hospital after she was found unresponsive in the patrol car, which her mother, Cassie Barker, left running as she visited fellow Long Beach police Officer Clark Ladner inside his home. Investigators estimate that the girl was left alone in the car for about four hours.

The air conditioner in the patrol car was running when first responders got to the scene, Bass told the newspaper. It was unclear if it was on the entire four hours, and the chief deputy said there was “no excuse” for leaving a child alone in a vehicle.

"There's no logical reason to do that," Bass told the Clarion-Ledger. "It's not an accident. She left the child in the car."

The newspaper reported that Barker was previously involved in an incident in which the Department of Human Services became involved, and that Barker had to work with the agency to get Cheyenne back. Details of that incident have not been revealed.

Barker, a police officer since September 2014, was also placed on a one-week suspension in May 2015 and had a 90-day probation period extended, the newspaper reported. Details of what led to that disciplinary action were not immediately available.

Hyer said that those who knew Cheyenne called her “Shy” for short, but that she was far from shy. He told the Clarion-Ledger that the girl with big blue eyes and curly blond hair loved horses and was generous with her hugs.

The grieving father said he went to a funeral home in an effort to make his daughter’s funeral arrangements.

"When it came time to pick out a casket, I couldn't do it. I couldn't do it," he said.​

"There's no logical reason to do that,"

Sounds like mum wanted a "alone" time with her man.
To her it was probably a completely logical idea.

Wonder if the child was dead the whole time? who actually found her int he car? was it her sad excuse for a mum or a passer by?

And what was the temp inside the vehicle. Just because it was running doesn't mean the A/C was still putting out cold air. Regardless, she's responsible but I'd like to know how the child died. It doesn't make sense that she just passed away for no reason. I guess they don't want to be the ones to say it.

I just have to wonder if the AC in the car was turned on...AFTER Cheyenne's body was found by her mother. What a poor excuse for a mother. How did she make it onto the police force when her child was taken away and she had to fight to get her back. Hope more details come out.

5eeioj.png

Mississippi police officers have been placed on paid leave after a child died in a Long Beach patrol car Friday.

The Hancock County Sheriff's Office is investigating the death of 3-year-old Cheyenne Hyer, the daughter of Cassie Barker, one of the officers on leave, according to WGNO.

Investigators believe Barker left Cheyenne in the back of the car outside the home of the other officer, Clark Ladner, who she allegedly visited with Friday.

Cheyenne was believed to have been locked in the car for roughly four hours before she was found.

While the official cause of death is unclear, investigators believe Cheyenne likely overheated. Cheyenne died despite having the air conditioning running inside the vehicle Friday afternoon, investigators said.

"The autopsy was done this morning and we haven't got the results yet," Hancock County Sheriff Ricky Adam said. "We are looking into some possible previous allegations. It is an active investigation. It hasn't been determined which way we will go, but it doesn't look good. We'll see which way the evidence takes us."

The state medical examiner's office in Pear is expected to release autopsy findings later this week.

In the meantime, Long Beach Police Department Chief Wayne McDowell said the child's death is an "internal matter with his officers."

http://ktla.com/2016/10/04/officers-3-year-old-daughter-dies-after-hours-locked-in-hot-patrol-car/

So many fucking questions.

Why was she in the patrol car?
That is owned by the department and tax payers. Not for personal use.

What the fuck was the mom doing for four hours that this little girl couldn't come inside.

She left the air conditioner running. Nice. Like I do for my dog when I just need to run into 7-11 for a minute or two.
[doublepost=1475726986,1475726254][/doublepost]From Nells link.
LONG BEACH, MS
[...]
Cassie Barker, a Long Beach police officer and mother of Cheyenne Hyer, remains in the hospital. Police Chief Wayne McDowell tells us Barker is dealing with trauma after her daughter’s death.

Barker began serving on the Long Beach police force in September 2014. In May 2015, the department cited her for conduct violations, resulting in a week's suspension without pay. The penalty also included tacking an additional 90 days onto her year probationary period.

McDowell said Barker and Officer Clark Ladner remain suspended without pay as the investigation continues into possible violations.

McDowell said Barker got off of her Long Beach patrol shift at 6 a.m. Friday. It appears she then drove over to C.C. Rd. in the Kiln to visit Ladner, leaving Cheyenne in her patrol car for at least four hours as she went inside his home.

"There is a department policy that family members are not allowed in patrol cars, unless the exception is if they're coming or going to or from work to be dropped off at childcare," said McDowell.

McDowell said Ladner has not been in charge of Cheyenne's childcare as Barker worked. He also said Ladner has seen the 3-year-old before.

"Shocked. Devastated. As you can imagine, something that I really can't see any excuse for," said McDowell.

McDowell said the Hancock County Sheriff's Department continues to investigate the possible criminal charges Barker and Ladner may face.

Meanwhile, coast residents expressed their disbelief at how something like this could have happened.

"I think it's awful. I don't understand how you could be an officer alone, leave your child in the car for four hours, visit at a friend’s house. What was so wrong with her bringing her child inside with her? I just don't think an upstanding officer should have done something like that," said Heather Gauthe, of Biloxi.

Hancock County Coroner Jim Faulk said Cheyenne's autopsy results have not been released yet.

The fuck? There were two cops involved in this shit? What the fuck is really good here. I can't....you know what I ain't gonna even lie I can believe this, coz dick riding is so great she couldn't even think twice about her baby in the back.
When I decided my path in life was to be an irresponsible dick chaser I made sure my kid was safe somewhere. I didn't put him somewhere and say mommy be back later.
She could have gave that baby some juice and snacks she would have been fine.
Poor baby.

Left alone in the back of a patrol car for 4 hours? Leaving a child in a car that was running? Who does that??? It's a sad thing that both adults involved were members of Law Enforcement as neither used their knowledge of how dangerous it is to leave a child in a vehicle for any amount of time let alone for 4 hours.

Cheyenne's father trying to pick out a casket for his little girl .... it breaks your heart.
I read somewhere that grief comes in and hits you like ocean waves at high tide. They can knock you off your feet and you are left to swim until you once again find ground to stand on bracing yourself for the next oncoming wave.

Update: Officer Cassie Barker & Sgt Ladner have both been fired & now the mother, Barker, is facing manslaughter charges in the case. Sgt. Ladner will not be charged in the case.

And I think @CbabyRKO & @Kimberix hit the nail on the head--there was no 'work related discussion' after which they both inexplicably 'fell asleep' as they claim.

These 2 cops were um, 'bumping badges' so to say IMO!

And for whatever selfish reason, that was more important than the well being of this precious 3yo baby-- pathetic!
image.jpg

Warrant issued for former officer her daughter’s death

A warrant has been issued for the arrest of former Long Beach police officer Cassie Barker on a charge of manslaughter in the death of her 3-year-old daughter, whom she left in the back of her patrol car for four hours.

Barker, 27, is accused in the death of her daughter, Cheyenn Hyer, 3, last week. Barker had been hospitalized after her daughter died but has since been released and is with a few friends, Hancock County Sheriff Ricky Adam said Thursday.

“If she doesn’t turn herself in today,” Adam said, “I plan to charge anybody that is helping her. If they fail to turn her in or we get to them before they turn her in, we are going to charge them, too.”

An investigation began Friday after deputies got a call about an unresponsive child, later identified as Cheyenn at the home of one of Barker’s then–shift supervisors, Sgt. Clark Ladner, on CC Road off Standard-Dedeaux Road in Kiln.

Both officers were fired Tuesday night. Adam said there are no plans to charge Ladner in the case because there is no evidence to indicate he knew the child was in the car outside his home.

Barker told authorities she had left her daughter in her car seat in the back of the patrol car when she stopped at Ladner’s home shortly before 9 a.m. Friday.

Ladner said Barker had stopped by to discuss a work-related matter.

The two claimed they fell asleep and when Barker woke up and went outside, she found her daughter unresponsive and ran back inside to tell Ladner something was wrong with Cheyenn.

Ladner and Barker did CPR on Cheyenn, and Ladner dialed 911 for help. Barker told investigators she had left her daughter in the car because she planned to stay only a few minutes. She had left the engine running and the air conditioning on, but the air was actually set “half way between cold and heat.”

Barker had left the car’s windows rolled up.

Cheyenn was pronounced dead Friday afternoon at Hancock Medical Center. An autopsy was performed Monday, but Coroner Jim Faulk said the results are pending toxicolgy tests. Cheyenn’s body has arrived in Jacksonville, Fla., to be buried with her father’s family. However, because of Hurricane Matthew’s path, no funeral arrangements have been made
http://www.sunherald.com/news/local/crime/article106387637.html#storylink=cpy
[doublepost=1475855025,1475854625][/doublepost]OMG, did we know that this was the 2nd time Barker bitch was caught leaving baby Cheyenne in a hot car??
What did she figure it didn't kill her the first time, why not try again??:wtf:

Long Beach officer's child survived being left in a car once. Then it happened again.

Cheyenn Hyer survived the first time her mother, former Long Beach Police Officer Cassie Barker, left her alone in a car,
Sheriff Ricky Adam confirmed Wednesday.

The April 6, 2015, incident occurred outside a strip mall on U.S. 49 in Gulfport. Cheyenn was 2 years old at the time and had been left alone in the back of Barker’s personal vehicle. A passer-by noticed the child and reported the incident to Gulfport police. In addition to police, officials with the state Department of Human Services responded to take temporary custody of Cheyenn.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/29/ex-police-officer-indicted-in-hot-car-death-her-daughter.html
LONG BEACH, Miss. – A former Mississippi police officer whose daughter died in a hot car has been indicted on a second-degree-murder charge.

News outlets report former Long Beach officer Cassie Barker was served with the indictment Thursday. Second-degree murder is punishable by 20 to 40 years in prison.

Investigators said Barker left 3-year-old Cheyenne Hyer unattended in a patrol car for more than four hours while she was in another officer's home. The car's air conditioner was on but wasn't blowing cold air.
[....]

I dont understand why the male officer is being fired or charged. What exactly did he do wrong?

The most tragic aspect of this story is that with all the attorney fees and jail time, this bitch likely wont ever be able to afford braces.

I dont understand why the male officer is being fired or charged. What exactly did he do wrong?

The most tragic aspect of this story is that with all the attorney fees and jail time, this bitch likely wont ever be able to afford braces.
She'll get her braces on the state dollar in jail. If she wants to become he, it'll all be paid for by the state too.

What kind of sex was she having that took 4 hours? I mean I could’ve gone into my exes house, had sex, and been out before my child would’ve finished a juice box.
I hope she gets full 20 also, but not feeling it when the judge says shit like “there’s nothing I can do to you that’d be worse than what you already experienced.” Um, yeah there is-put her in a hot box all alone and let her slowly cook to death. Or a cell for 20 years with no a/c-or one turned to warm.
She did it before and learned NOTHING!

From the link:
The father is suing the Long Beach Police Department and the Mississippi Department of Child Protection Services for the wrongful death of his child, saying the child welfare agency should have taken stronger action after the first incident.

"As a parent, you are supposed to protect your child, and Cheyenne is gone because her mother didn't protect her, not once but twice," Hyer said.
By his own admission, dad moved to Florida after breaking up with the mother and never saw the child again. I'm always leery of these dad's who re-appear after the child dies claiming undying love, but hadn't seen the child for months or years.

Barker herself was hospitalized after the girl's death for what officials described as shock. A psychological exam showed Barker suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder attributed to childhood trauma and her daughter's death. She was found competent to stand trial.
The police must have been trying to fill some quotas if they hired a traumatised woman who had already been in trouble for child endangerment.

Update - https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...s-guilty-manslaughter/?utm_term=.b61349ce716c

Ex-officer who left daughter in a hot patrol car for a tryst pleads guilty to manslaughter

...Barker, 29, pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of manslaughter in a plea deal Monday.

“I don’t know what I could ever do to you that could be worse than what you’ve already experienced,” Harrison County Circuit Judge Larry Bourgeois told her. “You will forever be entombed in a prison of your own mind.”

Barker avoided a second-degree murder conviction after she admitted in court that a chain of events beginning with a sexual encounter led to her daughter’s death, the Biloxi Sun Herald reported.

Prosecutors recommended a 20-year sentence. Bourgeois said he would consider the punishment before an April 1 sentencing.

Barker and Clark Ladner, her supervisor, were fired within days of the incident, the Associated Press reported. He avoided charges after he told authorities that he did not know Barker’s child was in the car.

Story continues here

By his own admission, dad moved to Florida after breaking up with the mother and never saw the child again. I'm always leery of these dad's who re-appear after the child dies claiming undying love, but hadn't seen the child for months or years.

Scumbag wants a payday, earn back all that child support money his homicidal snaggletoothed whore baby mama was no doubt blowing on condoms and morning after pills.

When former Long Beach police officer Cassie Barker admitted this week to causing the hot-car death of her 3-year-old daughter, she did not mention she was pregnant with her second child.

“She plans to put the baby up for adoption,” her attorney Damian Holcomb told the Sun Herald in an exclusive interview.

“We were told there are a million people who have babies while they are in prison,” he said. “The way it works is once you are medically cleared (after giving birth), you go back to whatever prison you are supposed to go back to.”

Last edited:
Back