• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

tmdgirl

The girl who waited....forever.
On March 26, 2006 a young man named Ian Campbell was sitting in his car on the side of the road, minding his own business. Jacqueline Hickey changed his life that night.

On January 20th, 2009, Ms. Hickey was found to be not guilty of killing Ian while driving intoxicated and over the legal limit.

The full story can be found here

http://www.educationforthedrivingmasses.com/2008/12/integrity-is-when-you-admit-your-faults.html

and the ruling is here

http://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/doc/2009/2009canlii7101/2009canlii7101.html

I couldn't find a pic of Jacqueline to post but here is a pic of the judge who totally made a mockery of our justice system.
gunn-judge.jpg

516eb8ff461197490c312ef1c910.jpeg

Geeze, the drunk bitch stold the guys hoodie from him cause she was cold. Looks to me like the cops dropped the ball more than the judge did, there was conflicting evidence about her being the passenger or the driver. Not saying I don't dought she did it though.

Assistant Crown attorney Carey Lee told Superior Justice Kim Carpenter-Gunn the city workers who found the wreckage first thought it was a movie shoot because the area was lit up and the rock classic Stairway to Heaven was blaring on one of the car radios.

The prosecution said Hickey had consumed a bottle of vodka on the drive between Welland and the airport by the time the accident occurred. The Crown said Hickey was behind the wheel and was found wearing the victim's hoodie. They presented evidence that DNA testing showed Hickey was driving at the time of the crash.

The defence did not dispute she was at the scene, but said she was a passenger in the car. Hickey failed to say who was driving when she was questioned in the accident's aftermath. Court never learned who was behind the wheel.

At the hospital, police obtained samples of her blood, which were analyzed at the Centre of Forensic Sciences in Toronto. The results showed blood alcohol readings of 265 and 312, or almost four times the legal limit of 80.

http://www.educationforthedrivingmasses.com/2008/12/integrity-is-when-you-admit-your-faults.html
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The judge criticized aspects of the police investigation, including failure to test other DNA samples from the scene which might have clarified who was driving, and concluded that Hickey was not the driver.

The ruling outraged Campbell’s family, who left the courtroom before the full decision was read.

Attorney General spokesperson Brendan Crawley said after careful review, the Crown Attorney’s office found no legal basis on which to appeal the decision.

“In order to appeal any decision, there must be an error in law of such significance that had it not been made, the outcome could have been different.”

He said a second recommendation to appeal cannot be made to the Crown and he extended the office’s sympathies to the family.

http://www.thespec.com/News/BreakingNews/article/533984

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

More than a thousand people showed for Ian's funeral. Some of his ashes were buried that spring at a private family memorial, where Bonnie played songs on a CD player, including Scotland the Brave, and one of Ian's classic rock favourites, Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven.

http://www.thespec.com/printArticle/525697

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Rest In Peace Ian
March 4, 1976 to March 21, 2006.
b382721f4516a9a86714869e762a.jpeg
212ff3524bfeb16df47422ccee9f.jpeg

Last edited:

Holy cow. Her DNA was on the air bag. How did it get there if her brother was driving? She wanders up to a home wearing Ian's sweater, covered in blood, to call her father for help?

Unbelievable. Her father should have been charged, too.

Holy cow. Her DNA was on the air bag. How did it get there if her brother was driving? She wanders up to a home wearing Ian's sweater, covered in blood, to call her father for help?.

There was more than one DNA sample found on the airbag and also the testimony was about seat belt strap bruises, Diver side vs pass side. No one disputed the facts of the drunk bitch being there only if she was the driver. Again , I think she did it, but she had her day in court and enough dought was raise to say its possible she wasnt the driver. It was the cops job to prove it and the D.A.'s to convict. The same thing happens in child abuse case's all the time, its hard to prove who did it with out one person rolling over on the other one.

The family had there day in court and didn't like what the outcome of the trial was. It very, very, very, sad, she didn't get convicted of it but Justice was served on her, its not the judges fault they didn't get the verdict they wanted , just like O.J. Simpson case. The family should file a cival case against the driver and her parents and sue the shit out of them. There is no appeal in this case. its over.

Ian seemed to be a pretty cool guy and I dont think he would want this to continue this way. I think he wants the family to move on and heal the pain they feel. To make something positive about it.

I think her name is Jacqueline hickey budd now
profile on facebook
ive never seen her face so need someone who was in court to confirm this is the souless bitch who took Ian away and got away with it
My she suffer every day

Well, it's Canada, why are we surprised?.
Still, if they couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt who was driving, I guess there was nothing else they could do. (My laptop is still defying me; it's decided to underline things at random.) I am so sorry for the family of the deceased; I know what it's like to see no justice for the death of a loved one. I hope karma bites her on the ass.

If nobody could prove she was driving then why is nobody trying to find out who was really driving???

Back