• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1568641981523.png

WE live on a disc in a giant snow globe – but the world’s top nations are hiding the proof so they can plunder secret outer lands in Antarctica.

Who says so? Followers of the Flat Earth movement, who attended a conference in Shropshire at the weekend to discuss their theory that the Earth is like a dinner plate.

And the odd idea is gaining momentum following hit Netflix documentary Behind The Curve.

A YouGov poll this year said three per cent of the UK’s adult population believed the Earth was flat — roughly 1.6million people.

Famous followers include former boxer Carl Froch and rapper B.o.B.. Even Top Gear presenter Freddie Flintoff has admitted he’s interested in the idea, recently saying “anything is possible”.

GRAVITY IS A MYTH

Blogger Mark Sargent, who has become a celebrity since starring in the Netflix show, was one of the speakers at the conference, where tickets cost £55 for one day and £700 for the full residential treatment.

Mark, 51, who has just finished a European tour taking in Stockholm, Dublin, Belfast and Cardiff, thinks we live on a flat disc covered by a dome — a bit like a snow globe.

But he admitted: “To prove that we would have to have our own rocket program.”

Others claim gravity is a myth, there is no such thing as space, the Sun isn’t 93million miles away and the edge of the planet is a huge wall of ice.

Tech worker Robin Campbell organised the weekend event, called Globe Lie UK Convention. The 52-year-old, from Bristol, delivered the opening lecture on Saturday in a darkened hall at a Christian centre in the village of Cleobury Mortimer.

It was a beginner’s guide, packed with slides and photos of supposedly devastating “evidence.”

The theory rests on the idea that Nasa — and all the other space agencies — have been faking images of Earth. The obvious question is: “Why would the world’s most powerful nations spend trillions on bogus space programs?”

According to Robin and Mark, they discovered secret lands “beyond the rim” of our pancake-shaped planet in 1952 during an expedition to Antarctica. At that point they realised Earth wasn’t a globe, but didn’t tell the rest of us because they wanted to keep the resources in these outer lands, including gold and oil, for themselves.

Among the believers is craftsman Ruben Dario Jaramillo, who was selling £15 models of flat earth.

The 35-year-old Londoner told me: “My wife Cynthia thought I was cheating on her because I was spending so much time researching flat earth theories.”

Cynthia is now a believer as well.

Instead of having to explain how a flat Earth could possibly work, the movement’s followers prefer to deny the spherical option.

Tony Riley, 39, from Liverpool, doesn’t classify himself as a “Flat Earther” and says he is searching for proof we live on a ball.

Have these idiots never flown in a commercial jet, looked at a baseball or ...

Ya know what?
Fuck 'em!
It imbecilic in this day and age to be this willfully ignorant to science when living in the First world.
They are tards, people being intentionally obtuse.

Stupidity needs to be classed as a crime.
We have made things too easy nowadays that we protect and allow even the most mentally and physically unfit us to maintain a comfortable life for the most part. Take away their internet.
Take away they are modern conveniences of any and all types.

Drop them on an island someplace with the necessary tools to eke out an existence but not get off the island. Let them build their society of like-minded morons. But by keeping them busy foraging for food shelter and the lake they won't have free time to be wasting on such stupid idle Pursuits.

Don't get me wrong I love a good conspiracy as much as the next person. It can be fun in the wee hours of the morning sitting with friends speculating on things that can almost become modern-day ghost stories. Aliens, Magic whatever. But some of the stuff is just utter horseshit.

These people have basically no evidence to back up their claim. All I can say is that they disagree with the Earth being a globe. It is not an intelligent argument or discussion if when you're presenting your position all it is is saying that you disagree with the other side. Present evidence or stfu!

Ya know what?
Fuck 'em!
It imbecilic in this day and age to be this willfully ignorant to science when living in the First world.

We have made things too easy nowadays that we protect and allow even the most mentally and physically unfit us to maintain a comfortable life for the most part. Take away their internet.

Drop them on an island someplace with the necessary tools to eke out an existence but not get off the island. Let them build their society of like-minded morons. But by keeping them busy foraging for food shelter and the lake they won't have free time to be wasting on such stupid idle Pursuits.

Don't get me wrong I love a good conspiracy as much as the next person. It can be fun in the wee hours of the morning sitting with friends speculating on things that can almost become modern-day ghost stories. Aliens, Magic whatever. But some of the stuff is just utter horseshit.

These people have basically no evidence to back up their claim. All I can say is that they disagree with the Earth being a globe. It is not an intelligent argument or discussion if when you're presenting your position all it is is saying that you disagree with the other side. Present evidence or stfu!
It’s like being given all of the incontrovertible truths of the universe and clapping one’s hands over one’s ears and singing loudly (and off-key) “la la la la i do not hear you”

It’s like being given all of the incontrovertible truths of the universe and clapping one’s hands over one’s ears and singing loudly (and off-key) “la la la la i do not hear you”
Well said!
Post automatically merged:

Ya know what?
Fuck 'em!

I think their level of idiocy should be treated with a treatment that was also ONCE viewed as scientific. Drill holes in their heads to let out evil spirits.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what you say or what proof you offer. They WILL NOT LISTEN. My son works with one of these and flat earth is only one of the associated conspiracies. He keeps telling my son that he isn't WOKE, if that tells you anything.

Back in the last 60's my dad was part of a program among HAM radio operators to link service men in Viet Nam with their families. It took a network of them to do it due to the earth's curvature! That's why your local radio/tv stations have those very tall towers on the highest point of land available. The signal is straight, not curved,so it only goes as far as the horizon. It's incomprehensible that these people refuse to understand this.

Last edited:
Flat earthers don't understand math, at all.

If left in charge of medicine they would bring back leeches and bloodletting.
The sad reality is, I wish they were smart enough to use leeches and bloodletting, because there are modern, through limited, uses for leeches and bloodletting, whereas the belief that the Earth is flat is 100% wrong.

Below is part of an article about the Netflix documentary "Behind the Curve" about Flat-Earthers with Mark Sargent in it and why emperical evidence means nothing to them, unless it proves their point
.... Behind the Curve offers several reasons why empirical evidence is rarely capable of turning people away from their conspiracy theory beliefs.

"Say you lose faith in this thing. What then happens to my personal relationships? And what's the benefit for me doing that? Will the mainstream people welcome me back? No, they couldn't care less. But, have I now lost all of my friends in this community? Yes. So, suddenly, you're doubly isolated," psychologist Dr. Per Espen Stoknes says in the documentary. "It becomes a question of identity. Who am I in this world? And I can define myself through this struggle."

"If I tried to go…" Sargent says in the documentary, contemplating the scenario described by Dr. Stoknes. "They would come and say, 'Don't, don't do it.' So I couldn't, even if I wanted to."

"Then, all of a sudden, you get people that, maybe, work in our government, that don't believe what 97 percent of what all climate experts say," former NASA astronaut Commander Scott Kelly says in Behind the Curve, highlighting a too-real danger of anti-science beliefs.

"Mark, my grandkids are 12, 10 and eight years old and are all third-generation Flat Earthers," Sargent reads from a fan letter at the International Flat Earth Conference. "When their science teacher was telling the kids the Earth spins at a thousand miles an hour and goes around the sun, the class erupted, with about a third of the class saying, 'No, it doesn't.'"

The audience cheers. "Long live Flat Earth," Sargent finishes.

Last edited:
Back