• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

A caretaker at a Texas cemetery made a grim discovery earlier this month, finding the body of a baby buried in a flowerpot, police said Wednesday.

The deceased girl was found at the Perry Cemetery on March 11 when the caretaker “emptied what he knew to be an out of place flowerpot,” according to a news release from the Carrollton Police Department.

He located the child’s body “beneath the pot’s soil,” police said.

The medical examiner found that the child weighed less than six pounds and was 34 weeks to full term, according to authorities. Her umbilical cord was “still attached,” police said.

Neither her race nor if she was born alive was immediately clear.

The flowerpot is believed to have arrived on the cemetery grounds between Feb. 27 and March 2, based on details from the caretaker, police said.

[....]
Police said a caretaker at the Perry Cemetery on Perry Road found the baby girl after he spotted an out of place flowerpot and found the body of the baby beneath the soil in the pot.

The cemetery believes the flowerpot was placed on the grounds sometime between Feb. 27 and March 2. The body was discovered on March 11.

The medical examiner said the girl was between 34 weeks and full term. She weighed just under 6 pounds and still had an umbilical cord attached. It’s not clear how she died and her race was also undetermined.

Further testing will determine if the baby was born alive or stillborn.

Authorities are working to ensure a proper burial for the baby will take place.

Anyone with information is asked to call Carrollton PD Det. Jennifer Cackler at 972-466-3324 or email Jennifer.Cackler@CityofCarrollton.com.
http://www.fox4news.com/news/dead-newborn-found-in-flowerpot-at-carrollton-cemetery

@ghosttruck @Satanica

An 18-year-old woman has come forward and identified herself as the mother of the baby that was found dead inside of a flower pot at a cemetery in Carrollton, police said.

The woman told police that she saw the news coverage of the incident. Police released information about the baby to the media last week.

The woman is cooperating with police. Her name has not been released.

Detectives continued to investigate on Monday as they awaited test results in the case.

According to police, the baby girl was 34 weeks to full term, and weighed just under 6 pounds.

I think my mom once told me babies grew on bushes!
My grandmother said babies came from cabbage patches. My mother told me a witch left me on the porch. (Because I had a very pointy chin and long fingers as a newborn.) In the old days people would say a baby came from the parsley patch. They also referred to pubic hair as a parsley patch. ;)

investigators reportedly don't believe Lopez's claim that she covered the baby to keep her quiet, considering she had allegedly conducted a search history about abortion.

Well it’s Texas, so I’m guessing Planned Parenthood clinics are few and far between.

If she had returned it to the Cabbage Patch, she might have been able to get a replacement or at least rehome that 1.

A Dallas teenager was indicted Thursday on a capital murder charge nearly a year after she came forward as the mother of a newborn girl found buried in a flowerpot.

A Denton County grand jury on Thursday indicted Jazmin Lopez on a charge of capital murder and an additional charge of tampering with evidence, a Carrollton police spokesman confirmed.
[....]

"I did it." That is what a Carrolton mom is now saying about the murder of her baby in the middle of her murder trial.
Court record show 22-year old Jazmin Lopez has admitted to both murdering her infant, then trying to dispose of the body by burying the body in a flower pot. She was sentenced to 12-years in prison.

Reports say the child was born healthy on February 4, 2019. Lopez then smothered the infant then put the child in a flower pot at the Perry Cemetery in Carrollton.
It was several weeks later that the child's body was found by a groundskeeper.

Back