• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...brooklyn-bridge-manhattan-20180805-story.html

An 8-month-old boy’s lifeless body washed up under the Brooklyn Bridge in lower Manhattan Sunday afternoon — his parents nowhere to be found, police said.

Police and a nearby tourist tried desperately to revive the tot just after 4 p.m., but their efforts couldn’t save the little boy’s life.

Austin Campbell, 19, said he spotted the baby in the water near South and Dover Sts.

"My mom had seen it, and he was just floating face up in the water. She called my dad over and we all came over and said there's a baby over there,” said Campbell, an Oklahoma resident vacationing in Manhattan with his family.

“We were trying to see if it was a real baby, it looked kind of like a doll. We didn't know if anyone had actually thrown a baby in there. My dad hopped in, pulled the baby out and started to do CPR on it," he said.

"[My father] said that there was no pulse, its lips were a little blue. The way it seemed it hadn't been in there very long."

The boy was dressed in nothing but a diaper.

A passerby flagged down two cops assigned to the NYPD’s Strategic Response Group, police said.

One of the cops climbed a safety railing and brought the tot to a pedestrian walkway, where the officers performed CPR until an ambulance arrived .

Medics rushed the boy to New York Downtown Hospital, but he couldn’t be saved.

The baby’s body showed no sign of trauma, cops said. It wasn’t immediately clear how long he had been in the water.

“"It just doesn't seem real. I don't know, I didn't expect this when I came here,” Campbell said. “I'm from Oklahoma, we're from a small town with like 60,000 people…It's just unreal, you don't come to the city expecting to see things like this, to see babies floating in the water."

Detectives were still looking into how the boy wound up in the water, and the whereabouts of his parents.

The city medical examiner’s office will determine the boy’s cause of death.

RIP little blue lipped baby ...

His parents are pieces of shit ... I hope they get the death penalty just for leaving him there for someone else to find.

No one should have to see that ... no one should should be exposed to this kind of awful.

Like leave your kids someplace safe ... church, hospital ... the baby boxes at the fire department ... even if they’re over the

Age restriction ... breaking that rule is better than leaving him in the river.

YIPPEE !!! They caught the bitch !

From the link above my comment, and below yours:

The boy's mother, who has not yet been identified, called 911 around 9 p.m. on Monday after Currie did not return her baby as part of their custody agreement, according to Shea. No previous reports regarding the child or the couple were filed with the city's children's services administration.

That's fucking sad. Mom had nothing to do with it.

Oh wow ... it was supposed to be an ordinary visit with Dad.

I hope the family that found him is okay, because this would be like a bad dream that you can’t wake up from.

"The medical examiner's office has ruled the death of a 7-month-old boy found n the East River last summer a homicide on Friday, marking the first update in months.

How Mason Saldana died, though, remains under investigation.

A tourist from Oklahoma found Saldana on Aug. 5 last year, with just a diaper on.

His father, James Currie, was picked up in Thailand soon after and brought back to the U.S. where he was charged with concealment of a human corpse.

It was unclear whether Friday's ruling portended more charges for Currie."

Back