• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
An Indiana woman is overrun with feral cats; now she's begging people to help her fix this feline problem.

Cheryl Moffett said she takes full responsibility for her situation because she started feeding stray cats five years ago.

"They are not just breeding and making more cats, but stray cats show up in the neighborhood because I've had food out for these cats and now it's caused so much stress," Moffett said.

She said she is now feeding more than 30 feral cats; it’s costing her thousands of dollars each year.

"People tell me you've just got to quit feeding them or take them somewhere like a barn," Moffett said.

She said the county’s animal control told her to stop feeding them and they would go away, but for her it’s easier said than done.

"I would be really sad if I have no one. They are outside crying and this hot weather, if they don't have cool water. It's really heartbreaking to me," Moffett said.

FACE Low-Cost Animal Clinic’s Executive Director Jen Hancock said cats are more resourceful than people believe. She said they’re capable of surviving on their own, but getting a cat fixed could help with the issue.

"It's very important that these cats are fixed - spayed or neutered. That's the only way you're going to prevent having more outdoor cats living in our city," Hancock said.

Moffett has worked with low-cost vet clinics to get some cats fixed, but the problem persists. She said she can’t stop feeding these cats, but that if somebody would pick up the ones she feeds now, she would never feed a new cat again.

"I've learned a good lesson. I'll have to harden my heart," Moffett said.

Psssst.

If you spay and neuter 2 cats, you don't have to feed 50+

Not when pple dumping them left and right. I had to take in two very young kittens about a year apart. And yes I had to take them in because of their age, infants. I got the first one a home and the second kitten ended up staying with me. She's about two or three now. There been seven new strays since her arrival.

Then there are cunts who get or keep male so they don't have to spend the money neutering them. So them cunts be screwing and spraying and fighting.

I get disgusted at the thought of breeding dogs and cats anymore. Esp this mixed breed fad.

. I get disgusted at the thought of breeding dogs and cats anymore. Esp this mixed breed fad.
All breeds of dogs were created by mixing breeds. Prior to man getting involved, they were wolves.

If every dog or cat was spayed then the over population would be solved. I'm including pure breds as well. It would be beautiful and sad all at the same time because at some point there wouldn't be any more pets.

I have mentally dissected all the scenarios (I was an animal control officer for 22 years :)/:().

This lady contributed by feeding these cats.
I get the dumping problem I live in a rural wooded area and it's perfect for dumping animals. And dump they do.

I am forced to do things I don't want to do. Take in a stray/dumped animal and have it spayed/neutered, find it a home or surrender it to the shelter.

Those are the only realistic options.

The only update I found
Remember the Fayette County woman who was overran with feral cats? Her plea for help has been answered.

It was just last week that Cheryl Moffett was in a claw-ful situation.

She was feeding more than 30 feral cats, and it was costing way too much money.
It wasn’t a fur-miliar situation for Cheryl, but it was for the Low Cost Spay Neuter clinic.

They helped Cheryl a year ago with the cat-astrophe, but didn’t get all the cats fixed. This time they will.
“We were able to get about 23 cats in 2 days. I think there are only a few left, and we plan to go back tomorrow to get those,” Low Cost Spay Neuter clinic community cat coordinator Jillain Tyree said.

All the cats captured will be fixed, and their health problems will be taken care of.
“A lot of them have wounds on their paw pads. They are bloody and sore. They have sores on their neck from fleas and other kinds of insects,” Tyree said.
The treatment is costing the clinic about $3,000.

“The Spay- Neuter services of Indiana has helped a great deal in raising money to fund this, and a private donor in Anderson has been helpful,” Tyree said.
Many of the cats will go on to find their fur-ever home, and about five will be returned to Cheryl fixed.

“To know that they came out and rescued them and helped them, I mean, it’s wonderful. It just heals my heart. It brings me comfort to know they are in a good place and are going to get help,” Cheryl Moffett said.
Cheryl doesn’t plan to repeat hiss-tory.

“I did learn a good lesson. Always get cats spayed and neutered right away,” Moffett said.

Low Cost Spay Neuter clinic says Cheryl’s case is unique, and they don’t make a ton of house runs like this.

Hopefully the cats returned to her were made indoor kitties.

Back