• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
17994318-7421143-image-a-30_1567472658807.jpg

GAS CITY, Ind. (WLFI) - A statewide Silver Alert has been issued for a 10-year-old girl from Gas City.

The Indiana State Police and the Gas City Police Department are looking for Skylea Rayn Carmack. Skylea was last seen at approximately 4:00 p.m. Saturday in Gas City.

She was reported missing, by her parents, to the Gas City Police Department.

Skylea was last seen wearing a black t-shirt with an emblem of Mario and Luigi on it. She was wearing black pants and teal Converse high top tennis shoes. She was also wearing blue and silver fingernail polish. Skylea is 5’ tall and approximately 100 pounds. She has blue eyes and blonde hair.

She may be carrying a pink backpack, blanket with puzzle pieces on it and a pillow.

Full Story
https://www.wlfi.com/content/news/Silver-Alert-declared-for-missing-Gas-City-girl-559104101.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really sure. I did find this in another article:

Skylea’s father believes she ran away. However, police are not ruling anything out at this point....
He believes his daughter ran away because she was grounded and upset about it.

Been worrying about something like this happening to my 16 year old. Discovered she was skipping school virtually every day (and forging report cards and emails from the school to hide her truancy), dabbling in marijuana, sneaking out late at night; finding her panties in the backseat of my car (which she claimed to borrow for work but later confessed she used to meet a boy) was the last straw. I even found a ticket she received six months prior a county away for breaking curfew and driving without a license (she was fifteen) AND that she had gotten a friend's parent who was a lawyer to help take care of it! Hell was let loose!!! Took her phone (where my wife and I discovered MORE of her activities), locked her down in our house (which working fifty-sixty hours a week wasn't easy but I'd sit near that door and regularly check her room until 3AM for the first several weeks to let her know she wasn't getting out), and kept strict tabs on her at all times. We had a very serious talk where I informed her one more time and I'd find a way to put her in a boarding school. She didn't realize her choices were seriously fucking up her future, nor that she was putting her little sister at risk (my toddler has discovered how to open doors and the sixteen year old left the front door unlocked through which my four year old nearly wandered into the road with a car coming; luckily my father-in-law caught her). She just wanted to impress her friends. She's starting to slowly come around, talking to me when she has problems.

If the parents weren't involved in something twisted regarding their daughter, they needed to keep a closer eye on her. Kids are flooded with way more than they can handle these days and peer pressure is a serious bitch.

Didn't end well
I'm betting the smell gave it away....you'd think they would have searched the home/area around the home prior to this, but maybe they missed the body since it wasn't giving off an odor yet?

It certainly sounded like the step mom cared about her and wanted to be there for her. I wonder what happened?

I wonder how old all of those kids were. Walking into a new marriage and being a stepmom to 6-7 kids probably sent her over the edge. No excuse though. I don't know why, but knowing the outcome for Skylea, I can't help but think that post was for show (like many people's FB posts).

Back