• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SoUncool

With my all by myself...
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/06/23/australia.ebay/index.html

LONDON - Following the break-up of his marriage, Ian Usher is trying to start over by trying to auction his "entire life" online.

Ian Usher, who moved to Australia six years ago, is selling his house, car, job and even an introduction to his friends on eBay. By 1000 GMT on Monday bids had reached almost $150,000.

Usher is saying goodbye to his three-bedroom home in the western Australian city of Perth and all its contents, including his car, motorbike, jet ski and parachuting equipment.

2q8wr3r.jpg

Ian Usher

68uern.jpg

Ian and his jet ski.

nnoevn.jpg

Another pic of his jet ski.

2zsb4mh.jpg

His house.

The auction closes at 2 p.m. Australian time on Saturday (0600 GMT) after which he said he would leave the country. "My current thoughts are to then head to the airport and ask at the flight desk where the next flight with an available seat goes to, and to get on that and see where life takes me from there," he said.

The 44-year-old, who originally came from Darlington, in northern England, will even include an introduction to his friends and a trial run at his job. "On the day it's all sold and settled, I intend to walk out of my front door with my wallet in one pocket and my passport in the other, nothing else at all," he said on his Web site, ALife4Sale.com.

http://www.alife4sale.com/

Usher said he wanted a fresh start because his current life reminds him of his former marriage.

2mcegw9.jpg

His ex-wife, Laura.

The couple parted a year ago but details of the breakup are only available to those who pay a fee on Usher's Web site.

Usher's employer at the rug store in Perth where he worked as a shop assistant, said she backed the auction. Her company vowed to offer the successful bidder a two-week trial run that could result in a permanent job.

She said: "When Ian came up with this idea, because we had seen him go through a break-up of marriage and pain and bits and pieces, I thought it was really exciting.

Usher said his friends in the city were prepared to be introduced to the highest bidder so he could advertise his auction as offering a complete lifestyle.

Last edited:
I wish I had thought of this, I really would have done it. Instead I just packed my house and kids and left in the middle of the day. I didn't even get to see my exhusbands face when he got home. Sad.

I wish I had thought of this, I really would have done it. Instead I just packed my house and kids and left in the middle of the day. I didn't even get to see my exhusbands face when he got home. Sad.

I say fuck this...Who wants your failed life dumb ass. I have my own shit to fuck up.

LOL it is kind of a neat way to "get rich" if you think about it. How many people ever just wanted to walk out of their lives? Who ever just had enough of the BS going on around them and wanted a reprieve? I know I have had my moments... maybe not forever, but at times.

Hell, if I didn't have the girls I would probably consider doing the same thing. Last I heard the bid was at 2.8 million (pounds?) which is a hell of a lot more in the USA now that our economy is for shit.

Back