• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

A baseball bat-wielding Florida woman slugged a man after he attempted to break into her parked vehicle and then charged at her Sunday.

Clarese Gainey, 65, of Gainesville, told WGFL she heard a noise coming from outside her home and peeked out the window. That was when she says she saw a large man -- dressed only in his boxers -- attempting to get into her car.

"I grab my bat, I brace myself, and I ease the door open," Gainey told WGFL.

At that moment, the man -- identified by police as 37-year-old Antonio Mosely -- charged at her, authorities said, according to WGFL.

"I took that bat and hit him upside the head, like, 'pi-yah!' He said, 'Ow!'" Gainey recalled.

The man reportedly fled to a nearby mobile home park but left behind a sock, shirt and pants.

“He was in his drawers,” she recalled.

A K-9 unit was able to track Mosely to a mobile home where officials said he was found with a pair of pants on. WGFL reported cocaine was found his pocket, and he was brought to Gainey for identification.

“I said, ‘That’s him right there,’” Gainey said.

Officers said they also noticed a large bump on the suspect’s head.

Mosley was charged with “attempted burglary to both an occupied and unoccupied conveyance and possession of a controlled substance,” the media outlet reported.

Gainey had a warning for the suspect, saying he “better be glad I didn’t have a gun.”

"Because I would have shot him," she said.

Then, pointing at her baseball bat, she added: "But this is my gun right here. Because I would have gone 'pi-yow!'"

The fucker didn’t have any clothes on, trying to break into a woman’s car, you really think the DA would take a chance prosecuting a case like that
Yes, we have had several stories where people have been charged.
I'm not saying she should be. I'm saying, she sure could be.
I could spend the next half hour posting stories where the victim of a crime was charged with their own crime. You know it has happened and (right or wrong) will happen again.

Yes, we have had several stories where people have been charged.
I could spend the next half hour posting stories where the victim of a crime was charged with their own crime. You know it has happened and (right or wrong) will happen again.
We probably don’t have all the facts from that case
The beat down might have been considered over the top, vigilante type
I think in the lady case it would’ve been more clear cut
But what the hell do I know :facepalm:

I'll agree with that 100%. You get a cop with a shitty attitude, racial issues, mommy issues or didn't get his eggs the way he wanted them they could indeed charge her.
I want to live in a world where grannies roam the streets wielding baseball bats and fucking up the bad guys! :)

He was in his drawers,” she recalled.

A K-9 unit was able to track Mosely to a mobile home where officials said he was found with a pair of pants on. WGFL reported cocaine was found his pocket,..
."

I got his defense for the booger sugar. "Uhhh those aren't my pants ossifer."

Back