• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

The god mother of the modern school shooting is now up for parole. She inspired a song, she unleashed hatred and unfortunately started a movement. Brenda Spencer was a small freckled young girl who woke up one monday, took her epilepsy medicine and after washing it down with whisky deciding to "Liven up the day" with a little mass murder.

40 years have gone by...she was 16 at the time of the shooting that shattered so many lives. The question is can a person be rehabilitated. She's 56 now, been locked up for 40 years...has she changed? The following article is well written enough that I won't rehash it. I'll put a few of the more noteworthy quotes up and link it.

Thanks @Sugar Cookie for the story toss!

The diminutive 16-year-old with bright red hair then armed herself with the .22 rifle and telescopic sight that her father, Wally, had given her for Christmas and started firing shots from a window.
Her target was Grover Cleveland Elementary School, just 150ft away across the road, where — at around 8.30am — a crowd of young children were waiting patiently for their head teacher to unlock the gates.

After a 20-minute shooting spree, eight children and three adults had been hit, among them a police officer who was shot through the neck. Two were killed, including the head teacher, Burton Wragg, who ran outside and was hit as he tried to help injured children, and the school caretaker, who had tried to rescue in the head.

As she continued shooting, SWAT officers surrounded the house and evacuated the school from the rear. Spencer told police negotiators she had shot the children and staff because they made such easy targets.

‘I don’t like Mondays,’ she told him. ‘This livens up the day.’

The song became No 1 in the UK singles chart and was backed by an eerie video in which the band performed the piano ballad to a classroom of young children.

A psychiatric evaluation in December 1978 concluded that she should be put in hospital as a danger to herself and others — but again, her father resisted.

Last edited:
I really hope she at least ordered a double Whopper and onion rings
Post automatically merged:

Reprinted from conversation with @ghosttruck

I think if she is closely monitored and has supports she could be successfully transitioned into society.

However, without support the stressors and isolation could get to her and cause her to act out towards herself or others.

As to where it is possible I don't think the deranged monday mass murdering mullet maniac should even be given a second chance... I say light the torches and wave the pitch forks...

Last edited:
I really hope she at least ordered a double Whopper and onion rings

As to where it is possible I don't think the deranged monday mass murdering mullet maniac should even be given a second chance... I say light the torches and wave the pitch forks...
I'm gonna disagree. If you read the article there is a good deal of mental illness that she has and hey father refused to get her treatment. Also appears to be abuse from dear old daddy. This wasn't the actions of a normally functioning brain...with correct medication she could be fine

I'm gonna disagree. If you read the article there is a good deal of mental illness that she has and hey father refused to get her treatment. Also appears to be abuse from dear old daddy. This wasn't the actions of a normally functioning brain...with correct medication she could be fine
I def read the article... Hence my joke.... They said she surrendered after being offered Burger King.... But we can agree to disagree.... I'm with Maurice on this on.... Keep the innocent safe and keep the delusional child killers behind bars

I def read the article... Hence my joke.... They said she surrendered after being offered Burger King.... But we can agree to disagree.... I'm with Maurice on this on.... Keep the innocent safe and keep the delusional child killers behind bars

You can only have so much pitty for a person before they become a monster .. yes her circumstances sucked... Guess what.. mine did too.... So did my brothers . My path..... I have made a choice to take a good route.... My brothers path.... Is right behind hers..... I have no pitty for someone to fuck up lives without a blink of an eye.

Last edited:
And there is is my friend...it's nice to meet another person who doesn't need to force their opinion on others. I like open, honest debate...but when there are two opinions that differ I say shake hands, go have a beer and continue to be friends

Same! Totally agree!!! I'm very open minded and take everything into consideration..... Plus ... Who doesn't love beer !!?? Lol

Yet her father, who died in 2016, was by all accounts a very odd man. Oddest of all, he married his daughter’s 17-year-old prison cellmate and brought her to live in the house from which Spencer had shot at the school. They later had a daughter together.

The cellmate looked so much like Spencer, even local police officers believed Brenda had been released early from prison. Spencer’s absent mother, Dot, claimed she suspected father and daughter had an unhealthy relationship but insisted she couldn’t afford a lawyer to fight for custody.

A little tidbit of information from the original post

I literally just watched a documentary on you tube about this last week.... well half watched - cause work... Not sure if her dad is still alive, but he married and had a kid with her cell mate from juvie, who I think was like 17 at the time... He was a weird man....

also she has been up for parole many times and is always shot down

View attachment 15461

A more recent picture, quite a change in her appearance.

Big difference in the before and after photos. It started with the offer of a Burger King meal back then. Looks like she indulged in many more over the years.

Didn't even notice she had freckles... I'm still stuck on that orange mullet being all business in the front and swaying like a party in the back.

I'm still stuck on how FAT she got.

Big difference in the before and after photos. It started with the offer of a Burger King meal back then. Looks like she indulged in many more over the years.

Atleast someone else said it first..... Lol.... I was thinking damn she been enjoying them 3 hots and a cot

I've never liked the taste of beer either. For me it was Whiskey and Vodka. I drank enough for a lifetime in a 5 year span. I realized that I had a problem when I kept a bottle of Jack under my bed and poured a 4 ounce glass every morning when I woke up. Don't do any of it anymore.

However......

On a hot summer day, after doing the yard work there is nothing better than an ice cold original O'Doul's. Super nasty stuff any other time.

Back