• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
Hell, I may be the only dumbass still on here that's anywhere near being affected, but wanted to start a thread to check in with everyone just in case.

Who else is hunkering down with a cache of bottled water and non-refrigerated snacks this weekend instead of grilling outside for the holiday?

What's happening?

We need check ins.

Nothing is happening where I am. Rained in bands today and were were all very lazy, took rainy naps (which are the very best kind of naps) and watched a lot of TV. No loss of power or anything. My office is planning to be open tomorrow so I'll be back to work unfortunately.

Kind of hoping that wouldn't be the case since I've been on vacation for like 9 days and am not particularly eager to return.

9 days off? In a row? I'm so jealous. I haven't had a day off since the end of January (except National Holidays). I just timed out on 4+ weeks of PTO. Former Warehouse Guy screwed things up so badly that Bossman doesn't feel like he can hire a new Warehouse Guy yet... :bigtears:

So far, so good, in West Central Georgia, hotter than a fire cracker, but we do got some wind, even if the wind is hot, it is moving.

Forty years ago today, hurricane David hit Savannah and went up the river to Augusta, I know because I was there in the hospital, having given birth that morning. You can throw a rock from the hospital to the river. So it was close, the windows were rattling and I had just woke up from my C-section and I said, what's that? Oh it's just a hurricane.

David is believed to have been responsible for 2,068 deaths, making it one of the deadliest hurricanes of the modern era. It caused torrential damage across its path, most of which occurred in the Commonwealth of Dominica where the hurricane made landfall as a Category 5 hurricane.

Back